Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is CPU Clearance Experiences
Print Wikipost

CPU Clearance Experiences - Archive

Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Eh, I've only gotten upgrade on one as a Silver and that was a Saturday 6 AM flight. The other ones I've flown have tended to have long upgrade lists.
Depends on the route, of course. I had a SAT/IAD late afternoon nonstop two weeks ago that had three empty First seats.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
It happened again! AUS-LAX. Just got upgraded 48 hours before, on a Monday afternoon flight. And it's a low K fare.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
I actually did get one SEA-SFO last week, but there seemed to be some shenanigans going on. Despite my being top of the list, someone else was offered the last seat when a FC passeneger no-showed (with a BP from the GA), they rejected due to sitting with family, and only then did the FA (not the GA) offer me the seat (and no BP for me).
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by televisor
I actually did get one SEA-SFO last week, but there seemed to be some shenanigans going on. Despite my being top of the list, someone else was offered the last seat when a FC passeneger no-showed (with a BP from the GA), they rejected due to sitting with family, and only then did the FA (not the GA) offer me the seat (and no BP for me).
I wonder if they used the hidden list versus the public list for that final upgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Was upgraded RT EWR FLL EWR on April 4 - 6 both at 48 hours out.

Nice!

Flights were both early, and had excellent service.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
CPU for a 1K is actually possible

This weekend I got the first CPU I've gotten since 2014. I'd begun to think there was a glitch where certain 1Ks simply could not get CPUs. On many occasions I've been at #1 or close to #1 on the upgrade list, only to watch a bunch of names appear out of nowhere and fill up the upgrade slots.

That said, my flight was also the first I can remember that went out with empty seats in F. This was a 739 with 20 F seats, several of which were empty. There were also a few people left in coach, which was weird because I didn't notice anyone in the group 3-5 boarding lines. (The flight was empty enough that GMs might just not have stressed about about overhead luggage space.)

Anyway, it still feels like when F fills up, 1Ks can get skipped over. But at least UA will upgrade a 1K rather than send out an empty F seat.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by ftweb
This weekend I got the first CPU I've gotten since 2014. I'd begun to think there was a glitch where certain 1Ks simply could not get CPUs. On many occasions I've been at #1 or close to #1 on the upgrade list, only to watch a bunch of names appear out of nowhere and fill up the upgrade slots..
Thanks for the warning - I shall absorb this half of your post. Will keep that in mind when buying a domestic fare.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
5/5 on last trip as 1K

I do not believe that 1K is skipped for CPUs. I got 5/5 last week.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I do not believe that 1K is skipped for CPUs. I got 5/5 last week.
That's more UA segments than I had in 18 months .....
Old May 21, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Continental
Den-Lga cpu

Just got one for next tuesday, right at 96 hr mark. 1k on a K fare.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The past few weeks 2 trips SFO-IAH-MFE-IAH-SFO. 3 of the IAH-MFE-IAH legs got CPU's, missed on the 4th as it was an E145 so no F. In fact yesterday MFE-IAH I was the only person in group 1. Guess MFE wasn't a recipient of the massive status give away.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
This year, I have been CPU eligible for 1 flight LAX-ORD (Thursday morning, 11:24A departure), landed at #2 on the list.

Ironically, that is better than LAX-EWR 2 weeks prior (Friday morning, 10:26A departure), where I was #7 on the list (after using a RPU) and I was on an H fare.

Last edited by fgirard; May 21, 2016 at 11:00 am Reason: Fixed post
Old May 21, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fgirard
This year, I have been CPU eligible for 2 flights (LAX-EWR and LAX-ORD). I ended at #7 on LAX-EWR, even though I was on an H fare (Friday morning, 10:27A departure...
How were you CPU-eligible on a p.s. route?
Old May 21, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
How were you CPU-eligible on a p.s. route?
I wasn't, so I fixed my post accordingly; I did however use a RPU, which was returned to me 3 days after the flight and having to call MP because it seemed that it wasn't going to be returned automatically.
Old May 21, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, United Silver, Marriott Gold
DEN-CUN cpu
For Sunday, myself + 1, Gold (regular Gold, non-promo), K fare, cleared at six minutes past 48 hour mark. It looked like we may be the only gold on the flight, as there were seven seats in Business open (out of 20) when I looked the night before, and five seats open when selecting our seats. Well, scratch that conjecture, just looked again at 20 hours prior to flight, and there are seven Business seats open. This is my first year being Gold, previously Silver, and this is my first-ever cpu success. Hooray!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.