Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Question for a flight CDG-ORD on 12/5: Can I be 100% sure there will be some vegetarian option? (Well, let's say, 95% sure...). In this world with (almost) no special meal requests, I couldn't figure it out from the thread above, or from United. I believe there is usually some vegetarian pasta, but I don't know if there always is.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by lancelot21
Question for a flight CDG-ORD on 12/5: Can I be 100% sure there will be some vegetarian option? (Well, let's say, 95% sure...). In this world with (almost) no special meal requests, I couldn't figure it out from the thread above, or from United. I believe there is usually some vegetarian pasta, but I don't know if there always is.
The pasta is also what I would have recommended as your best bet. But no guarantee.

Just to rub it in (sorry), here's a list of special meals YOU CAN'T request, as per United:

Santander likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by narvik
Just to rub it in (sorry), here's a list of special meals YOU CAN'T request, as per United:
Yes, the detailed list of all the special meals you can't request was worth quoting! I had seen that. It was clear they did the minimal edit they could do to the previously existing page. And when they start offering them again, they can just change a couple of words and they're ready to go.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
out of CDG no 100% guarantee. Same with several Asian outposts
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
out of CDG no 100% guarantee. Same with several Asian outposts
Well, we'll hope for the best.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Well, we'll hope for the best.
It's beef, chicken, vegetarian pasta (ravioli or cannelloni) out of CDG right now.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by greenpau
It's beef, chicken, vegetarian pasta (ravioli or cannelloni) out of CDG right now.
That works!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
SFO-DEL
12/2/21
Boeing 787-9
Dinner

Sorry the picture is blurry, didn’t realize my 1 second exposure was on which It does by default when it’s dark enough. In my defense the foot quality matches the picture quality.

anyways choices were chicken salmon or vegetarian. I chose the chicken. First long haul flight post COVID and this has to be one of the worse dishes I’ve had with UA. As a matter of fact, where’s mid flight snack and second meal? Couldn’t eat it because my stomach was upset and I had had hot water for the rest of the flight so sorry about that.

narvik likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
SFO-DEL
12/2/21
Boeing 787-9
Dinner

Sorry the picture is blurry, didn’t realize my 1 second exposure was on which It does by default when it’s dark enough. In my defense the foot quality matches the picture quality.

anyways choices were chicken salmon or vegetarian. I chose the chicken. First long haul flight post COVID and this has to be one of the worse dishes I’ve had with UA. As a matter of fact, where’s mid flight snack and second meal? Couldn’t eat it because my stomach was upset and I had had hot water for the rest of the flight so sorry about that.

You didn't get a second meal on SFO-DEL???
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
No he was feeling too queasy to eat more meals
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by warrenw
You didn't get a second meal on SFO-DEL???
There was a second meal but my stomach got upset after the first one so I didn't eat it sorry about that. The good news is I'm flying this route again right before Christmas so I'll hopefully be able to send all meal pics then. Also was exhausted from work so I pretty much slept for 10 straight hours so Im not sure what the pre-arrival options were as well so my apologies ill be more diligent in a few weeks. I'll return tomorrow but that's not on UA so nothing to post here
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
There was a second meal but my stomach got upset after the first one so I didn't eat it sorry about that. The good news is I'm flying this route again right before Christmas so I'll hopefully be able to send all meal pics then. Also was exhausted from work so I pretty much slept for 10 straight hours so Im not sure what the pre-arrival options were as well so my apologies ill be more diligent in a few weeks. I'll return tomorrow but that's not on UA so nothing to post here
AI? I’d be interested in the comparison.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by greenpau
Mrs Lancelot reports that yes, out of CDG today it's beef, chicken, and a vegetarian (not vegan) pasta. Vegetarian pasta works for her. so all is good. (I'd note she was grateful I'd checked with Flyertalk ahead of time, so she didn't go buy a sandwich to take with her. So thank you!)
narvik and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
AI? I’d be interested in the comparison.
AI indeed it is and as a matter of fact on board right now. Though this time Im in Y as J and F were full. It was a matter of AI Y or waiting another day and I chose the former as I needed to be back in LA for visiting family before another work trip in a few days. Ill be sleeping the full flight as I'm coming off a 13 hour meeting so Im hoping you'd be uninterested in an AI Y vs UA J comparison
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Mrs Lancelot reports that yes, out of CDG today it's beef, chicken, and a vegetarian (not vegan) pasta. Vegetarian pasta works for her. so all is good. (I'd note she was grateful I'd checked with Flyertalk ahead of time, so she didn't go buy a sandwich to take with her. So thank you!)
Baguette?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.