Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 1:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by darkrider
Surprise upgrade on IAD-HNL on 5/22. Got a last minute swap from old continental 767-300 to Polaris. I chose the Tamarind chicken and it was great!
Minor quibble - no such thing as a sCO 763. They are all UAUA. You must mean the old Biz class seat which is sCO hard product.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
My only real gripe is the Dole fruit cup instead of fresh fruit for the pre-arrival breakfast. And the lack of glasses/cups.

Everything else is actually just fine, though I also miss the cinnamon rolls!
I'm curious since you seem to be in communication with UA on some higher level, have you asked about the lack of glassware? It's so cheap and the Covid justification is dubious at best.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
What flight number / time did the flight leave? I thought all the LHR services left after 10am, meaning lunch, not breakfast. Glad there was a real fruit plate, not the Dole ex-LHR, but I don't understand why it cannot be mixed fruit instead of orange and grapefruit (and I know it was this prior to the pandemic too).
Oops, I was off by a day but it was UA 928 on March 26th. 8:30am departure from LHR. When booked back in January the departure was later, but I received an email on Feb 1 that it had been moved to 8:30am. I was pretty grumpy having to leave my flat at 5:30am but when it's one departure a day, what can you do? The breakfast was a nice surprise.

Regarding the fruit, I was elated to have all fresh citrus as opposed to the usual freezing cold, rock-hard and hardly ripe melon-based combo. Different strokes...
MatthewLAX and tcdtcd like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cricketer
I'm not saying I don't want to go back to before, or better, but if I hadn't read any other reports, I really would have had no complaints other than the absence of warm nuts.
Glad you had an enjoyable meal.
Appetizer and dessert items IMHO are essential to make the product more complete and competitive.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Glad you had an enjoyable meal.
Appetizer and dessert items IMHO are essential to make the product more complete and competitive.
I do agree wholeheartedly... however, do you think anybody else can compete with this breakfast croissant-wich offering? Note that I chose and ate the oatmeal, which was actually reasonable, but then curiosity got the better of me and I tried to save this thing from being thrown away. Ultimately I failed.

Originally Posted by cricketer
I do agree wholeheartedly... however, do you think anybody else can compete with this breakfast croissant-wich offering? Note that I chose and ate the oatmeal, which was actually reasonable, but then curiosity got the better of me and I tried to save this thing from being thrown away. Ultimately I failed.

Actually my reply was to your dinner service report, which I found very detailed and informative!
The breakfast discussion was not part of it!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 1, 2021 at 10:12 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member; images blocked by service providor
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:37 pm

SFO-LHR 4June
SFO - LHR 4June. West coast transatlantic resumes after many months. Hake main - other coices were beef or pasta. Covered item is sauce. Tasted nice, apparently a popular choice since it was not available for later passengers. Pretty full in J.
Carfield, cesco.g and narvik like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Curious about the wine/champagne selection on Polaris Intl. during covid? Did they still have premium selections or is it small bottle offerings?

Originally Posted by under2100
SFO-LHR 4June
SFO - LHR 4June. West coast transatlantic resumes after many months. Hake main - other coices were beef or pasta. Covered item is sauce. Tasted nice, apparently a popular choice since it was not available for later passengers. Pretty full in J.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by globetraveler
Curious about the wine/champagne selection on Polaris Intl. during covid? Did they still have premium selections or is it small bottle offerings?
Sorry, I didn't drink on this flight, so didn't ask further details when they came around for drink orders. Some of the previous posts give details.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by globetraveler
They now serve decent champagne from full size bottles (Ayala or equivalent), however they still pour it into plastic cups. The full size bottles started showing up around January if I remember correctly, though it may have been a little earlier. Prior to that it was the single serving bottles.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

SFO-LHR 4June
hot bread? Pre-arrival meal?

nice to see SFO-LHR back!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:35 pm

nice to see SFO-LHR back!
Yes, hope it stays.

hot bread? Pre-arrival meal?
No hot bread, no sundae, cold nuts. As far as I can tell/remember, identical to (East Coast) transatlantic service I experienced in March. No mid-flight snacks offered (I thought there might be as a longer flight), and nothing laid out in the galley in between rows 5 and 6.
Someone asking about drinks reminded me - there is a new (to me) sparkling water. It has some fruity flavour, which was mentioned when I ordered. Sparkling water, not wine, seemed to be the popular choice, as everyone in my row appeared to order it.
Pre-arrival to follow (not happened yet)...
Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Someone asking about drinks reminded me - there is a new (to me) sparkling water. It has some fruity flavour, which was mentioned when I ordered. Sparkling water, not wine, seemed to be the popular choice, as everyone in my row appeared to order it.
That is AHA sparkling citrus water.

Drink changes, No tomato juice&SpriteZero-social media pressure restores tomato juice (Posts # 188 to 203)
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:17 am

Pre-arrival SFO-LHR

Fresh fruit! The main was described as 'egg+cheese in a pastry, quiche-like'. Also had kale and tomato according to wrapper. Other choice was oatmeal. I was served quite late, 20min to landing, tray taken away 13 min to landing, so a bit stressful trying to get it eaten in a short time.
Carfield, cesco.g, narvik and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
REAL FRUIT!!!!

That makes my day.

Was the croissant warm?
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
interestingly I had hot bread on my SFO-FRA - wonder why it's not heated on SFO-LHR? Nice to see the fruit back!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.