Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Premium Service agents (GS, Polaris & UC agents) to wear gold banadana or ties

UA Premium Service agents (GS, Polaris & UC agents) to wear gold banadana or ties

Old Jan 1, 21, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC

I haven't been in a club in a LONG time - I have almost exclusively flown thru IAH this year and if I had an option, I always choose Centurion.

I had to go thru ORD today and visited the club at B^ - both greeters had gold on, all the CS reps on the second floor had gold and the lady walking around with the mask usage sign had a gold bandana. I asked and was told that ALL longe CS reps are now part of the "Premium" group and all wear gold from now on.

Not sure if this is a good thing or not....
Old Jan 1, 21, 2:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Gold had been the indicator of GS agents, has that changed or is there a new group including GS and UC personal?
Old Jan 1, 21, 2:28 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post
I haven't been in a club in a LONG time - I have almost exclusively flown thru IAH this year and if I had an option, I always choose Centurion.

I had to go thru ORD today and visited the club at B^ - both greeters had gold on, all the CS reps on the second floor had gold and the lady walking around with the mask usage sign had a gold bandana. I asked and was told that ALL longe CS reps are now part of the "Premium" group and all wear gold from now on.

Not sure if this is a good thing or not....
I can confirm that the GS agent who came to the gate to say hello on December 29th said that all UC agents, Polaris agents and GS agents will now wear the yellow scarves and be grouped together under the 'premium services' name - they will effectively become one pool
Old Jan 1, 21, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Gold had been the indicator of GS agents, has that changed or is there a new group including GS and UC personal?

That is how I found out - I made a comment that it seemed weird to have 3 GS agents manning the CS desk on New Years Day -
His reply was - We aren't GS agents - we are part of the "Premium" group now, so we all wear gold.

I kind of assumed the GS agents wore gold because they were part of the "Premium" group and now the lounges are being rolled into that category.
Old Jan 1, 21, 2:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS View Post
I can confirm that the GS agent who came to the gate to say hello on December 29th said that all UC agents, Polaris agents and GS agents will now wear the yellow scarves and be grouped together under the 'premium services' name - they will effectively become one pool
oboy.

David
Old Jan 1, 21, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Exactly right. My understanding is that the seniority lists of GS-qualifed agents and UC agents have been combined and it's now one group.

Last edited by wxguy; Jan 1, 21 at 3:35 pm
Old Jan 1, 21, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy View Post
Exactly right. My understanding is that the seniority lists of GS-qualifed agents and UC agents have been combined and it's now one group.
Why do you think United took this step?
Old Jan 1, 21, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott LTPP / Ambassador
Will make a change from the Cloaks of Invisibility they apparently wear whenever I am around :-)
Old Jan 1, 21, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan View Post
Why do you think United took this step?
Having dedicated GS airport agents was too costly and underused?
Old Jan 1, 21, 4:29 pm

I think this is nice.

Many stations had dedicated Club Agents that were trained in premium service, I think they should have some distinction. Of course, not all stations have Premium agents staffing the clubs at all times (especially during meal relief, etc.) so it probably won’t be something to overthink if you see an agent in a blue/silver tie.

On a separate note, it’s interesting that it’s 2021, and they are expanding the Gold, when we were supposed to have new uniforms without any gold in 2020. (I personally prefer the old/current uniforms, though!)
In2ishn and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jan 1, 21, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Having dedicated GS airport agents was too costly and underused?
One of those in this group told me it gives more scheduling flexibility... and in general the agents are fine with this. Within the group, they can choose shifts that are at the Club or at the gates, so there's not much change as far as they're concerned, other than GS-qualified agents working in the Club can wear their GS uniforms.
Old Jan 1, 21, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy View Post
One of those in this group told me it gives more scheduling flexibility... and in general the agents are fine with this. ....
Is the pool size being increased? Or were all agents in the UCs before GS without gold attire?
Old Jan 1, 21, 6:33 pm

Is the pool size being increased? Or were all agents in the UCs before GS without gold attire?
I’ve definitely seen “gold” agents staffing the United Club before, pre-pandemic. Usually not at hubs, though.
uanj likes this.
Old Jan 1, 21, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Gold
I recall a few times, seeing a "gold" GS agent coming on board to say hello to those of us in F, sometimes handing out cards, explaining gold = GS but letting us know that they were there for 1K and F passengers as well. It's been a few years since I've had that happen though.
Old Jan 1, 21, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wondering if this will result in reduced service for GS in general?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: