here it is from IAH-EWR today

Eeew! Is that before eating it, or the after-effects of having eaten it?😂
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Oct 16, 21, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHMCI View Post

yes thats it. And it tastes worse than it looks. Very pasty texture too.

bring back enchiladas!
Old Oct 17, 21, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

Apparently, in IAH only grapes grow.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
yes thats it. And it tastes worse than it looks. Very pasty texture too.

bring back enchiladas!
we will probably be stuck with this new slop for 3 months. Hopefully the chicken dish is better.
Old Oct 17, 21, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Hnl-sfo 10/16/21

I have pretty low standards but the chicken katsu was not bad. Chicken was juicy, sauce flavorful, rice became a little dried out during reheating but the sauce salvages it.
Old Oct 17, 21, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
So I had the grilled chicken last night ORD-SFO. It wasnt bad, a little heat to the latin rice, served with fruit, warmed roll and pie in the sky. I think the chicken ran out because the FA was advising pax only the ragu was left.

Anyway, a nice change from the orzo chicken. I cant speak for the ragu.

Also noted the blue napkin and still plastic cups. The white wine was Gravelly Ford chardonnay which has been in rotation several times in the past. The other white was a Charles de Fere Cuve Jean-Louis French sparkling wine. Looks like a <$10 bottle. The FA said they had six (six!) bottles on board.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 17, 21, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can we get the chicken curry wrap back? IDC that it was served cold originally, maybe serve it as a hot dish this time. I can see myself asking for a burger from coach or a snack box. The indigestion I could be facing. That being said, I'll gladly take either of these over what we've had. But polenta is really easy to screw up.
Old Oct 17, 21, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
How is fruit a sensible appetizer on the new lunch and dinner trays?
Old Oct 18, 21, 8:56 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
EWR-IAH and IAH-EWR
Lunch
Both 764

Same old same old - chicken or ragu polenta. Interesting that the Pie In the Sky packet was opened and served warm on a napkin EWR-IAH, vs warmed in the package IAH-EWR. Otherwise ditto to the above comments about these two choices. I didn't bother to unwrap the cold roll on the outbound.

EWR-IAH

IAH-EWR
Old Oct 18, 21, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)

I had this last night IAD-SEA and it wasn't bad. I mean, I'd probably not pay for it in a restaurant, but the ragu was tasty (read: spicy). It doesn't look the most appealing, but I did think it was OK.

I'm missing the hot chocolate chip cookies and/or ice cream sundaes on that transcon from years back. Even a snack basket with chips or fruit being passed around after hour #3 or #4 would be a nice touch. But alas, that's another post...
Old Oct 18, 21, 3:34 pm

IAH-LAX on 10/18, 11:55am departure

The chicken-rice & ragu that are likely here to stay for a few months or more. Most of the cabin seemed to go for the chicken, which wasn't bad. Good crew. LAX UC is surprisingly nice - mostly the architecture and observation deck.

unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Oct 18, 21, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by marks88 View Post

The chicken-rice & ragu that are likely here to stay for a few months or more. Most of the cabin seemed to go for the chicken, which wasn't bad. Good crew. LAX UC is surprisingly nice - mostly the architecture and observation deck.

img
I feel like someone ate half of your rice before you got it. 🤨
marks88 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 21, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA GS | Marriott Titanium / LT Platinum
I had some sort of Chicken dish (Chicken, mashed potatoes and spinach) recently on SJD-ORD and the chicken was inedible. Had the weirdest "soft" texture ever - it wasn't dry but had lost all chew that chicken normally has; very bizarre.

Was surprising as I was impressed by other meals I've had recently on United at least for airplane food. The salad with balsamic was about the only good thing on the tray.
Old Oct 18, 21, 5:12 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, United Platinum, Wyndham Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by marks88 View Post

Thanks for the heads-up. I have IAD-LAX and IAD-SAN roundtrips coming up next month so while I actually really did enjoy the Orzo Chicken, this Chicken dish seems like its on par with the previous chicken dish. Note: I do not particular care for poultry but the orzo chicken seemed better than vegetarian enchiladas and definitely better than the ragu with polenta. Please tell me they are still serving chocolate cake in the LAX UC. Chocolate Cake and Red wine, a perfect match!

Old Oct 18, 21, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Longboater View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I have IAD-LAX and IAD-SAN roundtrips coming up next month so while I actually really did enjoy the Orzo Chicken, this Chicken dish seems like its on par with the previous chicken dish. Note: I do not particular care for poultry but the orzo chicken seemed better than vegetarian enchiladas and definitely better than the ragu with polenta. Please tell me they are still serving chocolate cake in the LAX UC. Chocolate Cake and Red wine, a perfect match!

On 10/11/21, one piece of chocolate cake left (see upper left):

David
cuthroat and tstauck like this.
Old Oct 18, 21, 9:12 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by SFHokie View Post
I had this last night IAD-SEA and it wasn't bad. I mean, I'd probably not pay for it in a restaurant, but the ragu was tasty (read: spicy). It doesn't look the most appealing, but I did think it was OK.

I'm missing the hot chocolate chip cookies and/or ice cream sundaes on that transcon from years back. Even a snack basket with chips or fruit being passed around after hour #3 or #4 would be a nice touch. But alas, that's another post...
Agreed.if you like polenta / grits (as I do), its not terribly bad. Its def not as filling as the enchiladas, nor as visually appealing . Id give it a 6 out of 10and be ready for a real meal when you land!
SFHokie likes this.

Search this Thread