Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
You'll find out tomorrow which actual aircraft you are flying on, when the United website updates with flight status for 2/6. Otherwise, they always post the old config. Make sure to check and change your seats around immediately as I was booked in 2A/B on 01/28 and then reassigned to 10A/D (with no option to move as it was a full flight). Meals seem to already be updated based off my 01/28 flight but further enhancements would be nice, especially to the fruit cup and breakfast bread! Happy travels.
I used the date trick on my phone and it looks like its holding in old config, but of course i am compulsive and check constantly thanks
Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ordogg
I used the date trick on my phone and it looks like its holding in old config, but of course i am compulsive and check constantly thanks
Probably still too earlier -- check another 8 hours, may be 12
Old Feb 4, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ordogg
Looks like it is showing the new Polaris 1-1-1 configuration for this flight now
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MarkP24
It's nice to see they brought the Old Fashioned's back. They haven't had them in my experience for quite a few months.

I still haven't seen the candied oranges they used to serve with them in some time.
Which flights do they have them on?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
I saw that this morning and grabbed 1L and 3L
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Which flights do they have them on?
I believe they should have the Old Fashioned's on all flights. I've only seen the candied oranges in premium transcon or international Polaris
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I believe they should have the Old Fashioned's on all flights. I've only seen the candied oranges in premium transcon or international Polaris
Have had to fly back and forth between LAX/DEN a couple times and they have not loaded them, sadly (and FAs looked hard!). I've just seen them on my ps flights. I know iluv2fly said he had them on non-ps flights.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Have had to fly back and forth between LAX/DEN a couple times and they have not loaded them, sadly (and FAs looked hard!). I've just seen them on my ps flights. I know iluv2fly said he had them on non-ps flights.
In the past (pre COVID) I've had them on non PS flights as well.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the past (pre COVID) I've had them on non PS flights as well.
Generally they used to have them on every flight, including UAX.

I only once ever saw the orange peel, though, and it was on a p.s. flight. That time, I didn't even try it -- after I had gotten most of my way through the cocktail, the FA happily came by to show me what he found, but I wasn't looking for a second serving then. Kind of wish I had done, though.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Originally Posted by fumje
Generally they used to have them on every flight, including UAX.

I only once ever saw the orange peel, though, and it was on a p.s. flight. That time, I didn't even try it -- after I had gotten most of my way through the cocktail, the FA happily came by to show me what he found, but I wasn't looking for a second serving then. Kind of wish I had done, though.
Well, having asked for a few Old Fashioned (pre-CV19), sometimes the FAs would provide me with "spares" for later:

My last "spare" bottle from a UA flight....

David
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Well, having asked for a few Old Fashioned (pre-CV19), sometimes the FAs would provide me with "spares" for later:

img

My last "spare" bottle from a UA flight....

David
Looks like a supply-your-own-orange-peel situation!
kirkwoodj and txaggiemiles like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Looks like a supply-your-own-orange-peel situation!
But is it candied?

David
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
But is it candied?

David
Yes, candied and stored in the syrup -- although I'll confess the ones I was shown onboard looked more 'apeeling' than my homemade ones.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Yes, candied and stored in the syrup -- although I'll confess the ones I was shown onboard looked more 'apeeling' than my homemade ones.
Very fruitful discussion.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
When it comes to delicious cocktails with one's UA First, Business, and Premium Transcon meals, better safe than sorry!

Bring your own peels?

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Feb 6, 2021 at 8:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.