Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 12:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Can't even spring for real utensils. Same thing on transcon routes for pre-arrival snack.

Just booked a last minute out-of-blue itinerary for this week with two separate carriers both not starting with the letter U. Expecting and looking forward to better inflight meals and overall experience.
If it's a short flight on an airlines stating with the letter A, the meals are cold and terrible.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by gene2632
Thanks but since Thai chicken seems to be the current "favorite" and our own experience is that all Thai food is made with a fish sauce base, even the chicken I think we are going to just see what we can grab in our DEN layover. pre 6am out of LAS all we will want to do is grab a nap.
Thai chicken wouldn’t even be available on your flights. It’s veggie enchiladas or lemon chicken and orzo. If your flights even qualified for meals.
ExplorerWannabe and Repooc17 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Thai chicken wouldn’t even be available on your flights. It’s veggie enchiladas or lemon chicken and orzo. If your flights even qualified for meals.
DEN-RSW gets food in domestic first - gonna be veggie enchiladas or lemon chicken and orzo for UA's foreseeable future.

David
gene2632 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PTahCha
If it's a short flight on an airlines stating with the letter A, the meals are cold and terrible.
The cold meals that I’ve had on AS are far from terrible, IME.

Many of them have been better than the warm meals on UA.
MatthewLAX, truncated and Repooc17 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA, AS, UA, Amtrak
What is Premium Plus getting nowadays on an EWR-LAX lunch flight and a SFO-EWR redeye that says snack?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 747Clipper
What is Premium Plus getting nowadays on an EWR-LAX lunch flight and a SFO-EWR redeye that says snack?
EWR-LAX will be morel chicken or Cacio e Pepe ravioli and SFO-EWR will be Thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli.

(no change in October)
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
What about breakfast on westbound flights to Hawaii in October? Departing from LAX if that makes a difference (vs some of the longer routes from DEN, ORD, etc.).
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:54 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by econ
The cold meals that I’ve had on AS are far from terrible, IME.

Many of them have been better than the warm meals on UA.
Ooops - I am thinking of the other airline starts with A.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Ooops - I am thinking of the other airline starts with A.
Well you only have to worry about Alitalia catering for a few more weeks.🤣
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by dkc192
What about breakfast on westbound flights to Hawaii in October? Departing from LAX if that makes a difference (vs some of the longer routes from DEN, ORD, etc.).
Spinach & kale egg white bites with fire roasted pepper sauce, charred tomato, roasted fingerling potatoes, sauteed mushrooms & chicken apple sausage or French Toast with Vanilla Sauce. Served with fresh fruit bowl, yogurt, warm croissant, butter, fruit preserve. Pre-arrival service should be a warmed 'Pie in the Sky.'
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:00 pm

EWR to LAX yesterday. They had a choice between chicken w/polenta and ravioli. I thought the chicken was pretty good. Pre-arrival snack was choice between hummus and fruit & cheese plate.

Old Oct 1, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dkc192
This is from my LAX-HNL breakfast flight last month. The morning flight was a 777-300 and both my son and I got CPU's

MatthewLAX and cuthroat like this.

Last edited by tstauck; Oct 1, 2021 at 5:39 pm Reason: Add Picture
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
That is my favorite UA breakfast. Also had it from LAX-JFK last week. Filling and delicious. Nice fruit and so happy to have hot croissants now, though I stop by club before flight and get better croissants plus better yogurt.
greenpau likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
That is my favorite UA breakfast. Also had it from LAX-JFK last week. Filling and delicious. Nice fruit and so happy to have hot croissants now, though I stop by club before flight and get better croissants plus better yogurt.
Ditto. The kale and spinach egg white bites are a distinct second, but they're not bad either.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA 1720: OGG to DEN
October 1, 2021
Boeing 767-300, Dinner, Breakfast

I slept through the dinner service, as did most people on this 10pm departure, but it sounded like it was the same dinner service as offered on OGG/HNL-ORD/IAH etc. Three options including teriyaki chicken.

Two choices for breakfast, a "protein plate" or a "plain omelette with chorizo on the side". I had the latter, and at altitude I can't really tell if it was mainland chorizo or a Hawiian Portugese sausage, but definitely trying to be a Hawaiian breakfast plate. Included two stewed tomatoes, some so-so fruit (pineapple was probably great by mainland standards, mediocre for Hawaii), cold wrapped croissant, and yogurt. The plastic utensils make another appearance, and I'm not sure if this flight is double-catered out of DEN so that's why? It was irritatingly difficult to try to do anything to the omelette with a plastic fork.

The "protein plate" appeared to consist of a main of cheese and fruit with a hard-boiled egg and a side of almonds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.