Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:22 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
While it doesn't necessarily photograph great I have to say the scrambled egg and plant-based chorizo is maybe the most palatable breakfast item I've been served domestically by United in many years. I found their old food items to either be inedible, incredibly unhealthy, or both (or an individual package of cereal...). Glad to see they can execute something decent this year.
I agree...I thought it was really tasty when I had it for the first time recently.

Here's the version I received ex-IAH...I'm only posting a duplicate just to emphasize how much the presentation can really differ (all the beans/salsa were underneath):

Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by autobahnal
I agree...I thought it was really tasty when I had it for the first time recently.

Here's the version I received ex-IAH...I'm only posting a duplicate just to emphasize how much the presentation can really differ (all the beans/salsa were underneath):

So the ex-IAH version was not "really tasty"?

David
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SFO777
7 hours? Yikes.
And after all that, no Pie in the Sky.
UA probably read the recent complaint in the JFK thread and decided to take a maintenance delay instead of subbing a 757-300. But hey, everyone kept their lay-flat seats!

And unfortunately, the sorbet (and the one-off sighting of ice cream) is in place of the Pie in the Sky for premium transcon flights. Also, for lunch/dinner only, not for breakfast settings.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: None yet
Will there be “pie in the sky” on EWR-SFO lunch flights?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moyang_mm
Will there be “pie in the sky” on EWR-SFO lunch flights?
no.

David
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:46 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by DELee
So the ex-IAH version was not "really tasty"?

David
It was really tasty, and the grapes were ripe, and I like the lemon wafer cookies too...all in all a solid performance for a 2.5 hour flight IMO.
n8-the-gr8 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: None yet
Originally Posted by DELee
no.

David
That is so sad. How to get this pie then? Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moyang_mm
That is so sad. How to get this pie then? Thanks!
The cookie pies are served on non-Polaris / non-premium transcon, lunch/dinner flights over 800mi in distance between hubs / flights over 1500mi in distance between a hub and anywhere else.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Regarding the grain/bean salad at lunch/dinner domestic, I have had it maybe five times now, and this last time I added a couple of the tomatoes from the main and a couple forks worth of orzo and mixed it all up. It made a material improvement in flavor and texture. The tomatoes being heated really allowed them to distribute some acid and I found the salad to be much more interesting.
SFO777, DELee and RancherDave like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
LAX - HNL 7/30 Breakfast. Quiche with sausage, other option was the waffles. Very good overall

Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by tstauck
LAX - HNL 7/30 Breakfast. Quiche with sausage, other option was the waffles. Very good overall
What is that strange looking thing between your water bottle and sparkling wine split?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am booked in Business on the 11:55 pm LAX-EWR redeye this Tuesday. The website says ‘Snack’. I find it odd that flights departing around the same time to ORD are listed with ‘Dinner’ while the Premium Transcontinental route only gets a snack. Since I get lounge access in both LAX and EWR should I plan on getting something there instead of on the flight?

Also, the equipment listed is a 777-200 but the seat map clearly shows a 787-9.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kale73
I am booked in Business on the 11:55 pm LAX-EWR redeye this Tuesday. The website says ‘Snack’. I find it odd that flights departing around the same time to ORD are listed with ‘Dinner’ while the Premium Transcontinental route only gets a snack. Since I get lounge access in both LAX and EWR should I plan on getting something there instead of on the flight?

Also, the equipment listed is a 777-200 but the seat map clearly shows a 787-9.
They will serve the same meal on board as the dinner flights have.

The config will wind up as one of those two, probably, or maybe something else entirely.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No clear fused silica beverage holding vessels here but a few label details of the orzo chicken and southwest grain "salad" from my earlier post:

The items themselves:

And gratuitous cookie / pie in the sky shots:

David
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
They will serve the same meal on board as the dinner flights have.

The config will wind up as one of those two, probably, or maybe something else entirely.
Thanks. Sometime last night the 789 seat map got depolarized.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.