Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fumje
Neat. What do you consider 'everything' for the boxes? The contents vary, inexplicably.
Madi K's, Roasted Almonds, Sea Salt
Tru Flavors, Hummus
Rustic Bakery, Handmade Sourdough Flatbread
Torino, Italian Breadsticks, Herb & Garlic
Glacier Ridge Farms, Parmesan Peppercorn
Morley Candy Makers, Sanders, Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
Mario, Pitted Snack Olives
The Ginger People, Gin Gins, Chewy Ginger Candy
Primo Gusto, Bruschetta Spread

Alot of stuff had barcodes, some I could search for name and get an exact match. A few, I had to estimate. Maybe the cheese spread
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
Madi K's, Roasted Almonds, Sea Salt
Tru Flavors, Hummus
Rustic Bakery, Handmade Sourdough Flatbread
Torino, Italian Breadsticks, Herb & Garlic
Glacier Ridge Farms, Parmesan Peppercorn
Morley Candy Makers, Sanders, Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
Mario, Pitted Snack Olives
The Ginger People, Gin Gins, Chewy Ginger Candy
Primo Gusto, Bruschetta Spread

Alot of stuff had barcodes, some I could search for name and get an exact match. A few, I had to estimate. Maybe the cheese spread
How truly awful - a panoply of processed unhealthy muck.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Sad that the 2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service thread is dominated by discussions about the merits/demerits of snack boxes....

David
cesco.g, DJ_Iceman, Dyce and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
Sad that the 2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service thread is dominated by discussions about the merits/demerits of snack boxes....David
..and which crummy sandwich is less disappointing.
Dyce and tcdtcd like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
The old days when Continental served Subway sandwiches are looking really good right now
cesco.g and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
Note that it went away as a published benefit quite a while before pandemic service modifications.

But it well and truly went away in practice with the pandemic. Not optimistic it ever comes back, but I still hope one day.
So there was a time when it was listed as a published benefit? When/why did that cease? Kirby?
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by st530
So there was a time when it was listed as a published benefit? When/why did that cease? Kirby?
Yes, it was listed as a specific benefit in F/J. In the PDB thread - it looks like it was removed from the website in mid 2019
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
ORD to HNL 12 Jan 21
Breakfast was served about 40 min after wheels up. Choice was pancakes or egg white sandwich. I chose the latter and fortunately it tasted better than it looked. Disappointed it didnt come with any hot side though.

Later, there were two passes with a snack basket and a few checks for drinks. Was pleased to have the Polaris seats on the 763.

CIAO LAX likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Yes, it was listed as a specific benefit in F/J. In the PDB thread - it looks like it was removed from the website in mid 2019
From perusing archive.org, it appears the published benefit was removed when the website was redesigned in 2016.

Notably, Kirby joined UA in 2016.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
ORD to HNL 12 Jan 21
Breakfast was served about 40 min after wheels up. Choice was pancakes or egg white sandwich. I chose the latter and fortunately it tasted better than it looked. Disappointed it didnt come with any hot side though.

Later, there were two passes with a snack basket and a few checks for drinks. Was pleased to have the Polaris seats on the 763.
I'm on this flight Jan 28, so thank you for posting! Food looks dismal at best, and sad there is no pre arrival meal. Hoping for the new Polaris as well, but my seat map is showing the old 767 configuration. I'll post meal picks when I travel, and I'll be returning on OGG-ORD.

Did they provide any pillows, blankets, or amenity kits?

Last edited by CIAO LAX; Jan 12, 2021 at 8:56 pm Reason: added question
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
I'm on this flight Jan 28, so thank you for posting! Food looks dismal at best, and sad there is no pre arrival meal. Hoping for the new Polaris as well, but my seat map is showing the old 767 configuration. I'll post meal picks when I travel, and I'll be returning on OGG-ORD.

Did they provide any pillows, blankets, or amenity kits?
Normally you'll find out around T-72 hours what the configuration will be. No amenity kits. Pillow and thinner blanket (not the tissue thin blue thing though).
FlytheTail and CIAO LAX like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Pillow and thinner blanket (not the tissue thin blue thing though).
IIRC from my last PTCON this was the smaller light gray/beige blanket from the true Polaris set, which itself has been eliminated from said set.
True Polaris now offers just the one larger duvet blanket.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
How truly awful - a panoply of processed unhealthy muck.
Yes. I guess the almonds arent so bad, though they are soaked in oil and covered with salt. Sometimes I use a napkin and try to rub it off.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
ORD to HNL 12 Jan 21

Ugh. Flying this route next month. Will make sure to self-provision. Sad!
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:45 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
1/4/2021
UA421 TPA-DEN
I was expecting the usual "snack box or snack box" options given that the flight originated in TPA but they had some sandwiches as well. Maybe left in the catering cart from the previous crew? Inbound aircraft came from BOS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.