Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
EWR-IAH 730 am 763 (Polaris) seat 5L

Choice of ham, cheese and egg sandwich, cheese baguette or snack box. Went with cheese baguette. This is basically the breakfast version of the tomato basil cheese sandwich served for lunch. FAs vanished after one pass.

Old May 10, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
UA is obsessed with cheesy things lately. (And I'm not French, but that is not a baguette!)
st530 likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Grilled chicken with some sort of sweet stir fry sauce, not bad. chicken was somewhat moist. Vegetarian option was butternut squash ravoli
What dessert, if any, was offered?
Old May 10, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dkc192
What dessert, if any, was offered?
Looks like chocolate-covered macadamia nuts from the photo. Anyone miss the ice cream in First besides me?
Old May 10, 2021, 1:13 pm

Quick question, I recently flew from MCO-EWR and the Flight Attendant offered a choice of two sandwiches or a snack box (honestly more than I was expecting), if one ordered the sandwich, she then asked if one wanted it heated, which I found nice as I personally dislike chilled bread.

The question that I have, is the Flight Attendant supposed to offer to heat the sandwiches? I ask because another Flight Attendant scolded the First Class FA for heating the sandwiches saying something about they are meant to be served chilled and now passengers will expect them to be heated.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kmersh
.... another Flight Attendant scolded the First Class FA for heating the sandwiches saying... passengers will expect them to be heated.
But of course.
COEWR2587 likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
They’re horrible if not heated. First couple of weeks they were uniformly served cold. Uniformly heated thereafter. Much better.

But ive had enough of them!😂
kirkwoodj and Dyce like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
They’re horrible if not heated. First couple of weeks they were uniformly served cold. Uniformly heated thereafter. Much better.

Amen to that!
Old May 11, 2021, 11:28 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kmersh
Quick question, I recently flew from MCO-EWR and the Flight Attendant offered a choice of two sandwiches or a snack box (honestly more than I was expecting), if one ordered the sandwich, she then asked if one wanted it heated, which I found nice as I personally dislike chilled bread.

The question that I have, is the Flight Attendant supposed to offer to heat the sandwiches? I ask because another Flight Attendant scolded the First Class FA for heating the sandwiches saying something about they are meant to be served chilled and now passengers will expect them to be heated.
Sounds like the FA missed the memo. The new packaging is designed to be heated.
tcdtcd and Warriorconcept like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
CMH-IAH on 5/10

Departure delayed due to bird strike… pilot informed gate agent 5 mins before boarding to call maintenance, then wandered off down the concourse to get lunch (came back carrying it 10-15 mins later). No announcement from gate agent of delay for another 10 minutes (I was in earshot of pilot telling gate agent).

all boarded up & then late departure delayed another 1-2 minutes as First Officer then decided to use the bathroom. Captain even announced this was what we were waiting for!

food offering was the snack boxes.

when asked for a drink I replied
”gin & tonic, please”
”what?”
”gin & tonic, please”
”what?”
”gin… gin… and… tonic”
”the blue bottle”
”yes, the blue bottle… and tonic”

tray table was smeared with what looked like to be mozz/tomato paste from a previous passenger’s sandwich… so much for United’s cleaning procedures

First class FA did one drinks service. I caught her attention mid flight and asked for another drink… no attempt by her to see if anyone else wanted anything.

to be fair she was busy barricading herself into the curtainless galley…

no paper towels in the lavs either…

Meh-sa airlines… even gave the “Service is our passion” intro which couldn’t be further from the truth…

Flight Attendant barricade (she was sitting behind it watching a video on her phone most of the flight). Apparently unaware that most passengers are more than 3’ tall.

Previous passenger’s lunch still on tray table…
Old May 11, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dyce

Meh-sa airlines… even gave the “Service is our passion” intro which couldn’t be further from the truth…
I must not being paying attention, I've never heard them say that in an announcement or in print.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I must not being paying attention, I've never heard them say that in an announcement or in print.
it’s a PA right (usually) before the safety demo…

“While service is our passion, safety is our priority”
Old May 11, 2021, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dyce
Flight Attendant barricade (she was sitting behind it watching a video on her phone most of the flight). Apparently unaware that most passengers are more than 3’ tall.

Previous passenger’s lunch still on tray table…
Hilarious...

...ly pathetic.

please write UA and send that picture. So absurd.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by tcdtcd

I am so sick of them too. But I never once have had the option of having it cold versus heated. The cheese/tomato/pesto one I would prefer cold myself. Most flights I have been on they just heated the whole stock in the oven and then took orders.
Old May 12, 2021, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hurray (tho' sooner would have been better):

June15 UA is bringing back plated meal service in domestic F & purchased alcohol in Y

David
Flying Machine and kirkwoodj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.