Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
And as a comparison, what is offered at Admiral’s Club?
The SFO Rotunda club has more than opined above, and considerably more than Pre COVID.

By the way, the Polaris meal is also offered to PremPlus, which is great!

Infinite1K likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Kacee
There was nothing but a single drink service offered on PHX-SFO Friday evening. No Biscoff, no Stroopwaffel, no pretzels, no snacks of any kind.

It's like they're experimenting to see how much they can cut before it impacts revenue.
"Think of all the savings if we could just get rid of ovens and refrigeration!"
Kacee and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:41 pm

It's like they're experimenting to see how much they can cut before it impacts revenue.
…hoping no one will notice. Had breakfast ORD-IAH, sweet potato-scrambled egg-chicken crumble hash thing and fresh fruit. Only after finishing and arranging the plates on the tray did I notice there was a clear plastic plate that would usually have bread/muffin/cookie but was instead just an empty plate. Coincidentally, a FA collected the tray before I got a pic. Good service from the crew with multiple drink rounds so I dont think it was them messing it up.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
And as a comparison, what is offered at Admiral’s Club?
Usually 1 or 2 soups, cookies/brownies, some light snacks like cheese cubes/celery sticks/pita chips/hummus. Nothing substantial. Most of my experience in there has been before red-eyes, so not sure if their offerings are more limited then, but I haven't been impressed so far. I've found that even the new AS Lounge has better quality food than the AC.

Obviously a completely different scenario at the NYC end, with JFK FL now open.
Yep, the JFK FL is in an entirely different league compared with what UA offers at NYC.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The SFO Rotunda club has more than opined above, and considerably more than Pre COVID.
Agreed. It was more of a rhetorical question for work2play that felt United Club was "gas station" food. The United Club offerings are not amazing, but they are definitely better than what Admiral's Club has.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by econ
Usually 1 or 2 soups, cookies/brownies, some light snacks like cheese cubes/celery sticks/pita chips/hummus. Nothing substantial. Most of my experience in there has been before red-eyes, so not sure if their offerings are more limited then, but I haven't been impressed so far. I've found that even the new AS Lounge has better quality food than the AC.
That has been my experience as well. Again, just pointing out that while not amazing, United Club is better than Admiral's Club.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by random.parts
…hoping no one will notice. Had breakfast ORD-IAH, sweet potato-scrambled egg-chicken crumble hash thing and fresh fruit. Only after finishing and arranging the plates on the tray did I notice there was a clear plastic plate that would usually have bread/muffin/cookie but was instead just an empty plate. Coincidentally, a FA collected the tray before I got a pic. Good service from the crew with multiple drink rounds so I dont think it was them messing it up.
Missing lemon cookie bits?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 1991 EWR-SFO 1029-1359 767-300

PDB of water only. A little disappointing, I was on two other flights in F this weekend which had more options

Nice to see full glassware back

Choice of Thai Chicken or vegetable ravioli. A little disappointing there are no menus and dessert is served with the meal. AA has menus and full desserts back.

Bread heated in the plastic bag is...something.

Snacks on the forward bulkhead

Pre landing snacks of fruit and cheese plate or hummus was a nice touch. Overall a good flight.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10

Snacks on the forward bulkhead
That is one sad looking snack basket.
rch4u and cuthroat like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold
That is one sad looking snack basket.
Snack basked was MUCH better than that on the IAH-HNL flight last Thursday. Was basically the pre covid long haul Hawaii snack basket. In addition, the purser came by with the snack basket 3-4 times between the two meals.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
That has been my experience as well. Again, just pointing out that while not amazing, United Club is better than Admiral's Club.
and hopefully the new EWR mega UC delivers when it opens.

I think PL should stay long haul INTL F/C only, though I recognize others disagree
Infinite1K and GlobalServiced like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Missing lemon cookie bits?
Yep, there were no lemon cookie bits, or any other side of carbs, just the hash and fruit
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:13 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Bravo on the porcelain cup and glass tumbler, but do servilettes still cause Covid?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Bravo on the porcelain cup and glass tumbler, but do servilettes still cause Covid?
She only gave me one for both drinks so I thought it would look a bit incomplete, but here :

Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
LAX-IAH
UA1442 12/8 12:55AM
Boeing 757-300
Dinner

Choice of water, water, or water for PDB
Dinner was Chicken or Italian ragu, crew was pretty attentive but got a bit of a later start on service than I would’ve liked on this flight.

Carfield likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.