Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The return of the delicious lemon bar is strong evidence indeed of United's commitment to quality.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Are you being facetious?
No. I think they are delightful.

I have been enjoying them for years or even decades. 💚 🎶

And my only opportunity to do so has been on United Air Lines (almost always in economy).

As a life member of the United Club, I wish they would offer them there, as an occasional substitute for brownies. But that is grist for another thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...2-pl-open.html
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAD-IAH 27 Nov 830 am 739M seat 5 E

No PDB offered. (Ironically I was offered a PDB in Y on the incoming AVL-IAD flight on a CRJ-200.)

Breakfast was choice of the waffle with fruit, or egg white bites (which I guess have replaced the vegetarian chrorizo scramble). I chose the egg white bites which are basically the Polaris pre-arrival breakfast albeit with a golden brown finish which I usually don’t see on Polaris. Lemon bites are great as a quasi-dessert matched with bubbly. Fruit was fresh and good. No complaints.

Last edited by st530; Nov 28, 2021 at 9:05 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Well that will make not clearing the upgrades on PlusPoints as a 1K in O class slightly more palatable

As a 1K can I also get a free BOB box too, if seated in PremPlus?
Polaris has blue cloth tray liner instead of purple paper one.

As for the snack box, it will depend upon FA. Some may take the you have a meal approach while others might take a this or that, but not both approach (and of course some will gladly oblige).
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by rmannion
EWR-LAX
LAX-EWR
Lunch
Choice of pasta or chicken (pictured). Surprisingly, the pretzel roll was warmed. The sauce was mushroom-based, and the dessert was a lemon bar.
Are those grill marks on the chicken painted on? I find it hard to believe that you can put a chicken breast on a grill hot enough to get marks like those yet the rest of the chicken is a as pale as can be.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Are those grill marks on the chicken painted on? I find it hard to believe that you can put a chicken breast on a grill hot enough to get marks like those yet the rest of the chicken is a as pale as can be.
yes, they are fake. The chicken tastes processed though the morel sauce is actually very good.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 1kBill
yes, they are fake. The chicken tastes processed though the morel sauce is actually very good.
Ah, the "grill marks" that indicate the rollers of love have shown to them.

David
MatthewLAX and lupine like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Does PremPlus on EWR-SFO/LAX get a meal? And if so is it any different than what is served in Biz class aka the Polaris seats? The UA website implies it is the same.
Originally Posted by DELee
Right now, the J meal service for t.p.s. is the same as it is for PP.

David
Polaris has blue cloth tray liner instead of purple paper one.

As for the snack box, it will depend upon FA. Some may take the you have a meal approach while others might take a this or that, but not both approach (and of course some will gladly oblige).
just confirming this is indeed the case. Had the ravioli with salad, nuts, cookie and fruit sorbet in a glass cup. Hummus or cheese platter offered 90 min before landing

Polaris F&B arent top class but as an offering in PremPlus I find it very reasonable if not surprisingly upscale.

i didnt have the stones to ask for a snack box, the meals were filling enough.
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just confirming this is indeed the case. Had the ravioli with salad, nuts, cookie and fruit sorbet in a glass cup. Hummus or cheese platter offered 90 min before landing

Polaris F&B arent top class but as an offering in PremPlus I find it very reasonable if not surprisingly upscale.

As a 1K, you could have, and in the future still can, wander rearward toward the aft galley and claim your free snack box. All the FAs will do is confirm your 1K status and that you didn't get one earlier and you'll get it.

David
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold

If the Polaris/long haul HI/Premium transcon meals are upgraded in J, they should be left as they currently are on O. This would be a way to differentiate J from O, while at the same time providing a MUCH more premium product in O (especially domestic O) than is AA and DL (which has no domestic O), and in their int'l O, the service is IDENTICAL to economy
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
To answer my question further upthread about UAX inflight service on 3+hr flights, the answer is a small, cold snack box instead of the cold salad plate that was served in the past.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
To answer my question further upthread about UAX inflight service on 3+hr flights, the answer is a small, cold snack box instead of the cold salad plate that was served in the past.
What was the content of said snack box?

David
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DELee
What was the content of said snack box?

David
A couple types of crackers, a couple types of spreadable cheese, some salami slices, almonds, a few dried apricots, and a single-segment piece of Toblerone chocolate.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
A couple types of crackers, a couple types of spreadable cheese, some salami slices, almonds, a few dried apricots, and a single-segment piece of Toblerone chocolate.
Sounds like a standard Recline snack box. It wasn't anything fresh?

David
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
On my Wednesday night flight SFO-EWR (UA 2093), I noticed I can now request a special meal - from these choices:
  • Hindu
  • Gluten Intolerant
  • Muslim
  • Vegan (Strict) Vegetarian
  • Asian Vegetarian
  • Child
  • Vegetarian lacto-ovo
The level of service offered is otherwise "Snack" (in United Business).
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Joshua
On my Wednesday night flight SFO-EWR (UA 2093), I noticed I can now request a special meal - from these choices:
  • Hindu
  • Gluten Intolerant
  • Muslim
  • Vegan (Strict) Vegetarian
  • Asian Vegetarian
  • Child
  • Vegetarian lacto-ovo
The level of service offered is otherwise "Snack" (in United Business).
Did you try to select one of these? Does it stick?

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.