Happy Holidays from the Flight Deck

Old Dec 24, 20, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Happy Holidays from the Flight Deck

Folks,

2020 has been... Well, lol, it's all been said before, so not sure what I can add, so I'll just say thank you... Thank you for flying with us this year!

Wishing all of you safe travels, and a happy, healthy 2021. Look forward to seeing you on a 75/76 flight out of EWR soon.

Captain Ron
wxguy, tuolumne, Thysk and 49 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 20, 9:18 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
I'm giving the UA people I come across in my travels through the end of the year a "Thank yoUAllways" card with chocolates... but since the odds of us actually crossing paths are slim given no 75/76 flights on my immediate horizon ( ):

Thank YOU for staying on the front lines to keep me in the air -- for critical travel to help keep state and local governments running and less critical but nonetheless personally important travel like being able to sneak into town to surprise my dad on his 70th birthday. I haven't been in the air as much as is normal -- or that I'd like -- this year I truly appreciate everything you and your coworkers do every day to get me from "here" to "there" with my luggage always safely and usually efficiently

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year and hope to see all of my UA friends more in 2021...

(On the other hand if you happen to be in EWR on the 27th between the arrival of UA4479 and departure of UA4457... I'll definitely have a tangible gesture of appreciation)
Dublin_rfk, 757FO, LarryJ and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 20, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 757FO View Post
Folks,

2020 has been... Well, lol, it's all been said before, so not sure what I can add, so I'll just say thank you... Thank you for flying with us this year!

Wishing all of you safe travels, and a happy, healthy 2021. Look forward to seeing you on a 75/76 flight out of EWR soon.

Captain Ron
As a currently-grounded EWR based flyer, thanks for all you do. The 757 is still my favorite workhorse in the fleet so please treat her well. Stay safe, stay healthy and with a little luck and maybe two small needles, I'll see you in the air soon enough.
wxguy, LarryJ, 757FO and 1 others like this.

Last edited by dmurphynj; Dec 24, 20 at 11:19 am
Old Dec 24, 20, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the warm wishes. Same to you!

Any chance the 28-seat J PMUA 752s will ever return?
wxguy and 757FO like this.
Old Dec 24, 20, 10:51 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
A Happy and safe holidays to you and all the UA team
Hoping for a better 2021

and thanks for your contributions to FT!
SPN Lifer and LarryJ like this.
Old Dec 24, 20, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
The same right back at ya.. My sincerest thanks to you and your colleagues for your efforts and sacrifice in this brutal year. Here's hoping we get things rolling in a hurry in 2021!

Separately... a nice little stocking-stuffer must have been the news that UA is bringing even more 767s back for the March/April schedule... people I know who were displaced off the B756 have been advised that they will probably be back on the fleet some time in the spring, so that's reason for optimism!
LarryJ, 757FO and lamphs like this.
Old Dec 24, 20, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
Having no status with UA and generally not being allowed into the US at the moment I will most likely not board an UA airplane in 21 but I generally like to say thanks to all flight and cabin crew for all you guys do!

Itíll be better next year.

Daniel
LarryJ likes this.
Old Dec 24, 20, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA
My last flight was in January, can't wait to get back at it soon.
narvik and lincolnjkc like this.
Old Dec 25, 20, 7:31 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Waiting for vaccine. Hope flight crews are in the earlier group. See you after vaccination. Have a wonderful time this holiday season and stay safe.
Old Dec 25, 20, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Thanks for always doing everything to ensure a safe, smooth and friendly journey in the skies. My next 757 flight is on Wednesday the 30th, LAX-DEN. If I hear Captain Ron is at the helm, I'll make a point to say hello!
Merry Christmas to all our UA friends and family around the world.

Safe Travels and a Healthy 2021!
Old Dec 27, 20, 1:48 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Happy New Year, Ron!!! And to everyone else too!!!
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 30, 20, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc View Post
I'm giving the UA people I come across in my travels through the end of the year a "Thank yoUAllways" card with chocolates... but since the odds of us actually crossing paths are slim given no 75/76 flights on my immediate horizon ( ):

Thank YOU for staying on the front lines to keep me in the air -- for critical travel to help keep state and local governments running and less critical but nonetheless personally important travel like being able to sneak into town to surprise my dad on his 70th birthday. I haven't been in the air as much as is normal -- or that I'd like -- this year I truly appreciate everything you and your coworkers do every day to get me from "here" to "there" with my luggage always safely and usually efficiently

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year and hope to see all of my UA friends more in 2021...

(On the other hand if you happen to be in EWR on the 27th between the arrival of UA4479 and departure of UA4457... I'll definitely have a tangible gesture of appreciation)
+1 to all of this, This is the first year in 10 I have not flown at EOY on United and I miss giving out chocolates and seeing the smiles on the faces of the crews

Search this Thread
Search Engine: