Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I wonder what the 2020 elite status gift will be

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:28 am
Original Poster

I wonder what the 2020 elite status gift will be. I missed out on the wireless charger because they sent it to the wrong address and by the time i called them to send it to the right address, covid hit and they stopped sending everything all together
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
UA-branded masks?
malgudi, JetBunny, ekwang and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I doubt there will be anything this year.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
I'll be honest - I'd much rather United save those dollars. If it's the choice of sending me a tchotchke or keeping someone employed - ramp, gate, FA, whomever -- go with the employee. Please.

Send me an email - say "Hey, we know it's been an awful year, so thanks for whatever you did fly with us and we hope to see you when the world opens again" - and we're all good.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
If nothing, same as it was for me last year.

Despite 4 calls to GS, they couldn't get anything to me :-(
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I think the gifts are 1) extended status for those who didn't re-qualify otherwise, 2) extended PPs, 3) PQP head starts on 2022 qualification, 4) possible Chase PQP towards 1K status, etc.

I'm not really expecting a 1K gift this year (even though I re-qualified), but I'll be pleasantly surprised if one shows up.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
As someone without a horse in the race, if United is going to send a small token of appreciation, then they should go to new 1Ks and those requalified for 1K (excluding status extenders).
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:22 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I like the “gifts” of extending status another year as well as letting me earn a full supply of PlusPoints upgrades with just $9000 in spend. I’m good.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:22 am
Original Poster

I agree, the best gift would be to extend status to 2023. I fear I may not even make gold this year based on the way things are going
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Last night, I qualified for 1k for the first time ever!! I hope I can get a bag tag or the luggage handle wrap.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Virtual, if anything
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by BusinessCasualSport
Last night, I qualified for 1k for the first time ever!! I hope I can get a bag tag or the luggage handle wrap.
Congratulations are in order!

I am on target to requalify Plat thanks to the lower threshold, after falling to Gold. Gunning for 1K next year.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Not expecting anything this year either especially since digital cards have become increasingly used and accepted (which always have the correct status expiration date).

It had been nice collecting the Global Services luggage tags the past couple years but given that I'm not traveling much these days anyway it's not like they'd get much use

Curious if they'll send anything for the (presumably limited) first time GS invitees at the end of the year.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

ive been 1k 3 years in a row, NEVER got a yellow baggage tag
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by carzaddict
ive been 1k 3 years in a row, NEVER got a yellow baggage tag
One (or two) of these?

David
kirkwoodj and narvik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.