Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No SFO-LHR flights in January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

No SFO-LHR flights in January 2021

I just checked my January itin. and it appears that UA has stopped flying SFO-LHR in January (this was for Jan 25th). Seems to resume in Feb (but I know that is too far out to be accurate). Surprise that they put this on hold as I thought it was a cargo-heavy route...
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
heh, was about to argue with your OP, but then I checked my SFO-LHR itin on the 30th Jan, which is now SFO-ORD-LHR. Albeit all on lieflats

obv no notice from UA about the change - which was only in the last couple of days as it was fine during the week
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
... obv no notice from UA about the change - which was only in the last couple of days as it was fine during the week
Likely done in last night's January update.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
lot's of January TATL cuts this weekend.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:06 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
they made sending emails pretty much free a couple of years back
Old Dec 6, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Same here. Last outbound is now Monday 1/4, and inbound Tuesday 1/5 — then no direct through February.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
They’ve been empty of passengers for months but supported by cargo. I guess cargo rates are falling.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
They’ve been empty of passengers for months but supported by cargo. I guess cargo rates are falling.
Or, the cargo needs can be better fulfilled from ORD or EWR with less costs. The CA lockdown might have a ripple effect on cargo availability also.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don’t think it’s just the CA lockdown as they ran them right through the first, stricter, lockdown.
SFO_LOW_CLOUDS likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
no real need to with the way passenger numbers are and whatever cargo you are moving can be routed through other hubs with the domestic wide body schedule. in addition, so much of SFO cargo is actually from LAX.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
heh, was about to argue with your OP, but then I checked my SFO-LHR itin on the 30th Jan, which is now SFO-ORD-LHR. Albeit all on lieflats

obv no notice from UA about the change - which was only in the last couple of days as it was fine during the week
My SFO-LHR October flight was dropped and was changed to going through ORD. Didn't matter because I cancelled because of quarantine but it's happened previously too. There were only about four seats selected in J on the original flight so it's not surprising. Europe and the US aren't exactly desirable destinations at the moment.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
my sympathies at the moment for your handle
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I think the routes must've been axed mid week sometime - I noticed on Friday that my Jan6 flight was cut (no email) - also LHR-DEN and LHR-IAH - which weren't going in Dec but listed in Jan until then - were cut. I checked this thread on that day but no one said anything, so I called UA directly. The website didn't even try to rebook my LHR-YVR flight, it just said I could get a refund because there were no alternatives.

I think there's still an LHR-FRA-SFO flying in Jan if anyone's interested.

One handy side effect of these schedule changes is that I had booked a DEN-LHR leg for Dec because it had PZ space at the time, whereas SFO-LHR didn't. When they cancelled the DEN-LHR flight, they transferred my PP confirmed upgrade to the SFO-LHR flight, which I had wanted anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
my sympathies at the moment for your handle
Thanks. It's incredibly frustrating not being permitted to travel to the States, and watching my two businesses doing much worse than they should because of the ban. I'd be happy to quarantine, but that's not an option. Oh well....
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Euroboy
I just checked my January itin. and it appears that UA has stopped flying SFO-LHR in January (this was for Jan 25th). Seems to resume in Feb (but I know that is too far out to be accurate). Surprise that they put this on hold as I thought it was a cargo-heavy route...
Originally Posted by greenpau
Same here. Last outbound is now Monday 1/4, and inbound Tuesday 1/5 — then no direct through February.
One says resumes in February while the other says it's gone through February. I wonder where you two are pulling your data from?

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.