FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA "TravelBank" Q&A , with option to deposit funds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2029660-ua-travelbank-q-option-deposit-funds.html)

geclub1 Feb 6, 2022 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by gpicur (Post 33968947)
On Sunday, February 6 I attempted to purchase a one-way "L" Fare Ticket (CVG-SRQ) at the United Website. Everything worked fine until it came time to pay for the ticket. I attempted 5 times to complete the transaction using funds in my TravelBank Account. (the TravelBank Option was visible and it seemingly deducted the $122.09 fare amount from my $250 TravelBank Balance). I used a 2022 Mac Desktop Computer and attempted the transaction using the latest versions of both FireFox and Safari. None of these transactions were successful. The last step being the "Buy Now" and after clicking this the purple icon got dim and I waited 10 minutes each transaction and nothing.

I attempted the transaction a 6th time, but instead of using funds from my TravelBank Account, I used my Amex Credit Card and the transaction completed.

Has anyone else experienced this problem ? I did send an email to both 1Kvoice and CustomerRelations asking if they could get me an explanation to the problem.

Use United mobile App next time. You are not alone in running into this.

ContinentalSilver11 Feb 6, 2022 7:24 pm

ETC and Travel Bank Question

I am booking a flight, in the near future, from EWR to CHS. I have ETC and Travel Bank funds for about $300 total.

The flight is about $200 so I would have $100 of unused funds that I would wish to use on this flight since I will have no other opportunity to travel.

After I confirm my reservation, in the future if I wanted to upgrade to economy plus or first class, would I be able to have the remaining balance from the ETC or Travel Bank to accomplish this (via the app)?

Thanks.

WineCountryUA Feb 6, 2022 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by ContinentalSilver11 (Post 33969609)
I am booking a flight, in the near future, from EWR to CHS. I have ETC and Travel Bank funds for about $300 total.....

Unless things have changed recent you can not combine ETC and travel bank on the same reservation

Originally Posted by ContinentalSilver11 (Post 33969609)
... After I confirm my reservation, in the future if I wanted to upgrade to economy plus or first class, would I be able to have the remaining balance from the ETC or Travel Bank to accomplish this (via the app)? .....

You should be able to use the unused credit

ContinentalSilver11 Feb 6, 2022 8:12 pm

Thank you. Look like I’ll have to book one ways to accomplish applying ETC and travel bank the

ContinentalSilver11 Feb 8, 2022 6:11 am

It also looks like you can’t use an ETC to upgrade an existing reservation from economy to first class. I’m not seeing that payment option through the app

emcampbe Feb 8, 2022 10:37 am

Originally Posted by ContinentalSilver11 (Post 33973614)
It also looks like you can’t use an ETC to upgrade an existing reservation from economy to first class. I’m not seeing that payment option through the app

i beleive you can use ETCs/FFCs for upgrades, E+, etc. but only at the same time as buying a ticket. Maybe an agent can do it, but not on the website for sure.

ContinentalSilver11 Feb 8, 2022 12:07 pm

I’ll have to try with an agent. ETC is showing as an option to pay for economy plus upgrade after my reservation has been made, however, if I click on a first class upgrade it is not showing me the ETC option.

gpicur Feb 8, 2022 4:57 pm

Thanks GECLUB1 !!

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 33969240)
Use United mobile App next time. You are not alone in running into this.

Thanks for the tip GECLUB1 !! Using the UA Mobile App I was able to complete another air ticket transaction using my TravelBank funds. Even though I emailed United and provided a detailed explanation of the problem, their response was "go to United.Com" to find an answer to the problem. Once again, Flyertalk proved to be more expeditious and helpful than 1Kvoice and UA Consumer Affairs. Let's hope that in the new wave of Airline Mergers United actually starts to give a @#$% or run the risk of being acquired by Allegiant.

jerseykeebs Feb 11, 2022 12:30 pm

Has anyone had a problem with trying to use TB funds "too soon" after adding them?

I'm trying to purchase a ticket on UA and once clicked the Buy Now button just spins, and never confirms the purchase or loads the next page. I literally just added funds to the bank, so since there's no other IT problems, I'm wondering if this is the issue? I DID have existing TB funds, enough to cover the whole ticket before I added more. But maybe they freeze the bank while they process the payment for adding new funds?

WineCountryUA Feb 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jerseykeebs (Post 33983593)
....and once clicked the Buy Now button just spins, and never confirms the purchase or loads the next page. ...

At united.com? Some with this issue have found the UA app works better

jerseykeebs Feb 11, 2022 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33983618)
At united.com? Some with this issue have found the UA app works better

Yes, on the website and on a computer lol I never even considered the app, will give it a try thanks

Edit: two one-way purchases went through just fine on the app. Thanks WineCountryUA

Soccerjoshj07 Feb 11, 2022 6:32 pm

If you cancel within 24 hours, what happens to the funds? Are they back instantly or locked up for a few days?

WineCountryUA Feb 11, 2022 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07 (Post 33984449)
If you cancel within 24 hours, what happens to the funds? Are they back instantly or locked up for a few days?

It can take some time, could be a week. Seems to be a manual process. TB funds are not the best method to fund a ticket you have a good chance of refunding.

Soccerjoshj07 Feb 11, 2022 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33984462)
It can take some time, could be a week. Seems to be a manual process. TB funds are not the best method to fund a ticket you have a good chance of refunding.

thank you

ctcristo1 Feb 12, 2022 11:04 pm

i have multiple travel bank credits in my account, with different expiration dates, including $100 from Clear expiring soon.
When i book a flight it does not allow me to choose which credit to use first. Does the system know to use the one expiring earliest first?
Thanks.