FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA "TravelBank" Q&A , with new option to deposit funds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2029660-ua-travelbank-q-new-option-deposit-funds.html)

Sleepy_Sentry Dec 15, 20 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by alany611 (Post 32887528)
Going nuts over this. Not sure if it's a result of me searching for the same flight over and over, but the prices of my flights have increased almost 30-40% in the time I've been trying to figure this out (hopefully the price will go back down after waiting for an hour or two).

Every time I get to check out, I try to use my Travel Bank but there is no option under "Redemption Options." The following is an example from Google Images with the Travel Bank option boxed in red:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d90423c507.png

When I get to the payment screen, I don't see the Travel Bank option anywhere. What gives? I have $500 in my TravelBank that's been there since November. I checked to see if maybe I couldn't redeem that balance because I was booking a Basic Economy fare, but it's the same even with Full Economy. Please help!

I ran into the same problem recently on a United ticket with a short connection on LH. I suspect that UA priced it such a way that the LH portion made up the bulk of the fare, thus making it ineligible for Travel Bank.

Booked with another airline instead.

jsloan Dec 15, 20 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry (Post 32888318)
I ran into the same problem recently on a United ticket with a short connection on LH. I suspect that UA priced it such a way that the LH portion made up the bulk of the fare, thus making it ineligible for Travel Bank.

Travel Bank can only be used for an all-UA itinerary. They don't need to break up the fare any particular way to achieve that.

Flying Machine Dec 15, 20 6:50 pm

Yeah Iíve noticed the same, next reservation I book Iím going to be more specific and use part of the travel bank funds because I have the bonus in there and itíll expire soon. It just hasnít shown up for me though as well

emcampbe Dec 15, 20 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry (Post 32888318)

Booked with another airline instead.

any non-UA/UAX flight on an itin will make it ineligible to use TB funds. In fact, anything with a non-UA segment, and the UA Payment Options will be greyed out and say something like Ďthese options are not available based on your current selectionsí.

tdm757 Dec 24, 20 10:43 am

Originally Posted by alany611 (Post 32887841)
Left out clearing cookies on my list of troubleshooting steps, I had done so using a Chrome extension

also good to know now that I should be asking for Web Support, would save me the first transfer

I had the same issue and spent an hour on the phone with web support. They claimed it was a temporary glitch in The Matrix. They did end up booking uover the phone and waive the fee

jeph36 Dec 28, 20 9:18 am

What does a receipt using Travelbank funds look like?

I am wondering what a (recent) receipt looks like when using Travelbank funds to purchase a flight. Specifically, I am wondering if I will be able to pay for all/part of a business trip with Travelbank funds and get reimbursed for the total flight cost. My company is fairly lax on what will count as long as the receipt shows some sort of financial instrument ... old flight credits, gift cards, etc. If it looks like some sort of points or miles it will not work, and it the receipt only shows the dollar amount spent apart from Travelbank (via CC) then that will not work either. So if the receipt shows as one or more line items for payment - e.g. one for the Travelbank funds, one for a Credit Card, that will work for me.

Kleinnaf Dec 28, 20 9:40 am

Originally Posted by jeph36 (Post 32918601)
I am wondering what a (recent) receipt looks like when using Travelbank funds to purchase a flight. Specifically, I am wondering if I will be able to pay for all/part of a business trip with Travelbank funds and get reimbursed for the total flight cost. My company is fairly lax on what will count as long as the receipt shows some sort of financial instrument ... old flight credits, gift cards, etc. If it looks like some sort of points or miles it will not work, and it the receipt only shows the dollar amount spent apart from Travelbank (via CC) then that will not work either. So if the receipt shows as one or more line items for payment - e.g. one for the Travelbank funds, one for a Credit Card, that will work for me.

Method of payment: Miscellaneous DocumentMaster Card ending in 0536Miscellaneous DocumentTravel CertificateDate of purchase: Sun, Dec 27, 2020Airfare: 154.00 USDSeptember 11th Security Fee: 5.60 USDU.S. Passenger Facility Charge: 4.50 USDTotal Per Passenger: 164.10 USDTotal: 328.20 USD

This was using Travel bank and putting $1 on CC.

WineCountryUA Dec 28, 20 11:19 am

Originally Posted by jeph36 (Post 32918601)
I am wondering what a (recent) receipt looks like when using Travelbank funds to purchase a flight. Specifically, I am wondering if I will be able to pay for all/part of a business trip with Travelbank funds and get reimbursed for the total flight cost. My company is fairly lax on what will count as long as the receipt shows some sort of financial instrument ... old flight credits, gift cards, etc. ......

As the above example shows, it is just another form of cash payment. I have had no trouble getting full reimbursement.

rxsamg Dec 31, 20 8:27 am

Am I too late for 2020 Amex Plat Credit?

JUST received Amex Plat...if I activate United & add $200 to travelbank will it apply to 2020 credit for triple dip or is it too late? Any experience with last day of month?

ctownflyer Dec 31, 20 8:45 am

Originally Posted by rxsamg (Post 32926252)
JUST received Amex Plat...if I activate United & add $200 to travelbank will it apply to 2020 credit for triple dip or is it too late? Any experience with last day of month?

Should work just fine

Xyzzy Dec 31, 20 8:47 am

Originally Posted by rxsamg (Post 32926252)

If it p:psts today the credit should b e for 2020.

rxsamg Dec 31, 20 8:54 am

So the million dollar question (err, make that $200) is do TB purchases post same day?

Xyzzy Dec 31, 20 9:04 am

Originally Posted by rxsamg (Post 32926324)
So the million dollar question (err, make that $200) is do TB purchases post same day?

There's one way to find ;)ut...

cfischer Dec 31, 20 10:33 am

Originally Posted by rxsamg (Post 32926324)

what do you have to lose on this? The longer you wait the smaller your chance of this counting for 2020. That is of course assuming you plan on buying some UA tickets in the coming years and worse comes to worse you get 5x MR points ;)

rxsamg Dec 31, 20 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy (Post 32926346)
There's one way to find ;)ut...

ďBe the DP you want to see...Ē
Submitted. Iíll report back for the next procrastinator who finds this thread :rolleyes: