FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA "TravelBank" Q&A , with new option to deposit funds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2029660-ua-travelbank-q-new-option-deposit-funds.html)

WineCountryUA Dec 4, 20 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Filler03 (Post 32863077)
How sure are you that TB funds can be used for partner flights? Thought the T&Cs said no.

You are correct, not sure what I was thinking

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 32863113)
But again I ask, what can TBfunds be used for. Just ticketing? C+? Upgrades? Lounge passes? Etc? No one knows.

:confused:
It's an payment option at online purchase ticketing, not aware of any other use

Hawkeyefan Dec 4, 20 10:25 pm

Thx.....if you aren't booking airfare anytime soon but want to do some add ons to already purchased tix, you would be out of luck with TB funds.

cfischer Dec 5, 20 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 32864026)
Thx.....if you aren't booking airfare anytime soon but want to do some add ons to already purchased tix, you would be out of luck with TB funds.

that's only true for the bonus amount and you can buy a ticket far into the future ... and no change fees ... so unless you are worried with money being tied-up, perhaps not that bad? Still thinking about whether to purchase another $1k.

Hawkeyefan Dec 5, 20 12:30 pm

I went for $250 which gets the 10% bonus. Trial run.

MBS MillionMiler Dec 5, 20 1:20 pm

Aargh! Not a huge deal, but I had $48 left on my Plat Amex airline reimbursement. I was hoping for a Black Friday-ish deal from UA. Waited until Tuesday, saw no deals and did my last $50.

It’s only $5...

Hawkeyefan Dec 5, 20 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler (Post 32865100)
Aargh! Not a huge deal, but I had $48 left on my Plat Amex airline reimbursement. I was hoping for a Black Friday-ish deal from UA. Waited until Tuesday, saw no deals and did my last $50.

It痴 only $5...

Better than a sharp stick in the eye...

Kacee Dec 6, 20 11:21 am

This is basically 10% off all UA operated flights. I've exhausted my AMEX credits and am continuing to stock up.

Flying Machine Dec 6, 20 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 32866646)
This is basically 10% off all UA operated flights. I've exhausted my AMEX credits and am continuing to stock up.

In a few weeks you値l be able to use your credit once again with Amex. I知 looking forward to doing the same. Hopefully they値l have a 10% additional offer in the first week of the new year. When I receive the email from my prior 10% additional it seems that there was a short fuse on the usage I have to look for that does anyone recall how good the additional offer is good for?

cfischer Dec 6, 20 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 32866962)
In a few weeks you値l be able to use your credit once again with Amex. I知 looking forward to doing the same. Hopefully they値l have a 10% additional offer in the first week of the new year. When I receive the email from my prior 10% additional it seems that there was a short fuse on the usage I have to look for that does anyone recall how good the additional offer is good for?

the old offer was different. It was bonus will deposit later and then is valid for 4 months. Now it seems the bonus is added right away and valid for 4 months as well. If they have another offer in January is hard to tell, but I will probably also wait w/ Amex-related purchases.

UA Fan Dec 7, 20 2:31 pm

Can one use the TB funds for others? Also is it possible to make 3 transactions of $250 each in one day?

cfischer Dec 7, 20 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 32869255)
Can one use the TB funds for others? Also is it possible to make 3 transactions of $250 each in one day?

yes, you can buy ticket for others. You can use this promo once per MP account.

gpicur Dec 7, 20 5:28 pm

Travel Bank Web Address Please

OH Wise United Flyertalkers,

Can someone please direct me to the URL Address where I can view my Travel Bank Activity ?

I can see my balance at My Account, what I am trying to see if there is a place that lists my deposits and ticket purchase activity.

Thanks

WineCountryUA Dec 7, 20 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by gpicur (Post 32869596)
OH Wise United Flyertalkers,

Can someone please direct me to the URL Address where I can view my Travel Bank Activity ?

I can see my balance at My Account, what I am trying to see if there is a place that lists my deposits and ticket purchase activity.

Thanks

On United.com, when viewing your account and there you can see your balance. Direct below the balance it has "View Details"

Brian Chen Dec 7, 20 9:28 pm

How do I use my travelbank cash? I see no option and when I check out it doesn't say anything about travelbank, help!

WineCountryUA Dec 7, 20 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Brian Chen (Post 32870002)
How do I use my travelbank cash? I see no option and when I check out it doesn't say anything about travelbank, help!

It is a payment option, look for "Travel certificates and Unitedョ TravelBank cash"

Note it will only show for all UA operated itineraries -- just like ETCs