FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA "TravelBank" Q&A , with new option to deposit funds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2029660-ua-travelbank-q-new-option-deposit-funds.html)

WineCountryUA Sep 22, 22 4:56 am

Originally Posted by jix (Post 34620083)
..... Is there a recommendation on changing directly and pay fare difference or wait a day for FFC then book a new reservation?...

The options have been explained more than once, what results do you want? If you can get the result you want, take it.

Be aware, waiting can be your enemy, options can disappear without warning.

jix Sep 22, 22 7:02 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 34620587)
The options have been explained more than once, what results do you want? If you can get the result you want, take it.

Be aware, waiting can be your enemy, options can disappear without warning.

OK thanks, I've heard of TB funded tickets not properly deducted and cuased issue at check-in so just wanted to avoid that.

blitzen Sep 22, 22 7:56 am

Originally Posted by jix (Post 34620083)
Booked the dummy reservation using TB and a dollar, then ticket confirmed after 10 minutes or so.

I played around with the change tool online and was able to find the same flight on partner and codeshare I wanted at the same price. Is there a recommendation on changing directly and pay fare difference or wait a day for FFC then book a new reservation? I want to avoid ticketing or flight coupon issues that arise at check in if something goes wrong in the backend.

When I did it I changed it right afterwards. All looked good to me.

Super Mario Sep 28, 22 8:17 am

Sorry if I missed it. I have a $25 TB credit through IGH Premier card. It is definitely linked to the account. When I click my UA profile, it shows up. It does not show up as an option anywhere when I try to book. Could it be because I have a $100 "travel certificate"? I don't see it as an option even if I don't use the certificate.

StartinSanDiego Sep 28, 22 9:21 am

Did any of you get an extension on the expiration date?

Mine were set to expire 9/30/2022 and I just logged in to this:

Expiring 12/31/2023$xx
Expiring December 31, 2023 $ XX dollars
Expiring 05/25/2026$xx
Expiring May 25, 2026 $ xx dollars
Expiring 07/14/2026$xx
Expiring July 14, 2026 $ xx dollars
Expiring 05/08/2027

joban Sep 29, 22 6:49 pm

I got a new expiration date of 12/31/2023 for dollars expiring 09/30/2022.

emcampbe Sep 29, 22 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 34637553)
Sorry if I missed it. I have a $25 TB credit through IGH Premier card. It is definitely linked to the account. When I click my UA profile, it shows up. It does not show up as an option anywhere when I try to book. Could it be because I have a $100 "travel certificate"? I don't see it as an option even if I don't use the certificate.

What were you trying to book when it didn't show up. If anything involving a partner (ie, some other carrier than UA/UAX), you can not use travel bank (option for UA payment options would show nothing). In addition, there have been some, but I wouldn't say a ton, of reports on TB showing as an option even when it should be eligible. I think most, if not all, had at least one UAX segment involved.

General solution is to use the app to book - which does seem to show as an option when eligible and even when it won't show on website. Web support should also be able to apply to an eligible itinerary if you call to book.

Super Mario Sep 30, 22 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 34642444)
What were you trying to book when it didn't show up. If anything involving a partner (ie, some other carrier than UA/UAX), you can not use travel bank (option for UA payment options would show nothing). In addition, there have been some, but I wouldn't say a ton, of reports on TB showing as an option even when it should be eligible. I think most, if not all, had at least one UAX segment involved.

General solution is to use the app to book - which does seem to show as an option when eligible and even when it won't show on website. Web support should also be able to apply to an eligible itinerary if you call to book.

Thanks for the response. I've come to the conclusion that the "special rate" through Google flights is what is causing this. No matter what I do, it will not show as an option. Once I book at the full rate, the travelbank shows up.

WineCountryUA Sep 30, 22 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 34644448)
Thanks for the response. I've come to the conclusion that the "special rate" through Google flights is what is causing this. No matter what I do, it will not show as an option. Once I book at the full rate, the travelbank shows up.

Coming into UA.com via GF can create this. "Special fare", normal fares dos not matter. It is the use of GF. Note other credits do work, so converting TB to FFC may be an option

Super Mario Oct 1, 22 8:00 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 34644481)
Coming into UA.com via GF can create this. "Special fare", normal fares dos not matter. It is the use of GF. Note other credits do work, so converting TB to FFC may be an option

I was incorrect in what I said. Even when going directly to UA.com, I had that issue. What I was assuming was a promo price, was not. That was me trying from the app without checking the extra option to show economy plus rates. Booking through the app works. Thanks!

Super Mario Oct 4, 22 9:52 am

I continue to have issues. Sometimes the app doesn't show the lowest prices. Even when it does, it is often about $15-$20 higher than the website. Only the app has given me the option to use travelbank so far.

emcampbe Oct 4, 22 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 34653762)
I continue to have issues. Sometimes the app doesn't show the lowest prices. Even when it does, it is often about $15-$20 higher than the website. Only the app has given me the option to use travelbank so far.

try calling web support? They should be able to use TravelBank (warning: itís been a long time since Iíve tried so something may have changed now, but I know Iíve done it before) if you tell them youíve been having trouble using the website.

IME, Iíve rarely seen a difference in fares between the website and app. UAs website, IME, is pretty good with fares being real time (ie, not cached and getting the Ďsorry - youíre price has changedí message right before purchase - at least for all UA itins - and website and app, at least theoretically, should be pulling the same results.

LIH Oct 12, 22 4:40 pm

Very random (and sorry if this is the wrong forum) but I received a $150 TravelBank credit today (10/12/22). I haven't had any activity in my TB since 2019. I assume this is a glitch? I have no idea what it would be related to.

emcampbe Oct 12, 22 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by LIH (Post 34676173)
Very random (and sorry if this is the wrong forum) but I received a $150 TravelBank credit today (10/12/22). I haven't had any activity in my TB since 2019. I assume this is a glitch? I have no idea what it would be related to.

have you looked at the detailed TB transactions? You can see those online. It should have some sort of descriptor on the deposit.

UA has had some promos recently (such as the one for joining CLEAR, etc.) though I suppose you probably would have known about that if you participated? Could have also been an error.

WineCountryUA Oct 12, 22 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by LIH (Post 34676173)
Very random (and sorry if this is the wrong forum) but I received a $150 TravelBank credit today (10/12/22). ....

Expiration date? Different types of transactions have different expiration.

Any cancelled tickets that may have been funded from TB? Look thru TB transaction history to see a prior dollar amount transaction?