FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA "TravelBank" Q&A , with new option to deposit funds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2029660-ua-travelbank-q-new-option-deposit-funds.html)

thinthin Jun 1, 21 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 33253771)
what is 'this'?

edited..
I mean travel bank purchase reimbursed by Amex credit.

updated: “this” reimbursement still works. Credit posted in 2 days

Flying Machine Jun 1, 21 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by thinthin (Post 33295841)
edited..
I mean travel bank purchase reimbursed by Amex credit.

updated: “this” reimbursement still works. Credit posted in 2 days

Nice to see that it’s still working!

ericmc Jun 2, 21 3:01 pm

Why I see no payment option to use my fund at TravelBank

it's really strange that why can't I use my TravelBank fund?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...341d9b5cc8.png

WineCountryUA Jun 2, 21 4:02 pm

Do you have any non-UA operated flights?, if so Travelbank funding is then not an option.

Xyzzy Jun 3, 21 3:53 pm

If your search included the use of PlusPoints to upgrade then you'll als:( see no UA payment options. The solution in that case is to buy your ticket without attempting to upgrade and then to apply upgrade points subsequently.

ericmc Jun 4, 21 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33298347)
Do you have any non-UA operated flights?, if so Travelbank funding is then not an option.

So U meant that the travelbank fund could only purchase the domestic flight?

WineCountryUA Jun 4, 21 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by ericmc (Post 33303649)

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33298347)

So U meant that the travelbank fund could only purchase the domestic flight?

no, UA operates many flights to international destinations. But these TravelBank funds are restricted to UA operated (domestic & international) flights. Clearly stated in T&Cs.

Use of TravelBank Cash

27. TravelBank Cash is valid for air travel purchases on United and United Express® flights and as otherwise permitted by United.

emcampbe Jun 4, 21 8:16 pm

In addition to other responses, at one point, the site seemed to not allow the TravelBank option on itins that should have been valid - seemingly random, as some itins allowed it and others didn’t (I don’t think I ever had an issue). While I haven’t seen these reports in quite a while, possible it could have crept back up.

WineCountryUA Jun 7, 21 1:28 pm

Since the incorrect charging of credit cards for bookings partial funded from the UA TravelBank has become a significant sub-discussion with many participants, have moved that discussion to Credit Card Billing Issues when using UA TravelBank funds

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

dsp2489 Jun 11, 21 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 33304382)
In addition to other responses, at one point, the site seemed to not allow the TravelBank option on itins that should have been valid - seemingly random, as some itins allowed it and others didn’t (I don’t think I ever had an issue). While I haven’t seen these reports in quite a while, possible it could have crept back up.

Was there a fix for this? Looking at the below itinerary - i think this is a route run by United but I can't seem to get the travel bank to apply.

Departing flight Tue, Jul 27
6:00 PM Cancun International Airport (CUN) Travel time: 3 hr 41 min
10:41 PM Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
United Econom yBoeing 737 UA 1053

Xyzzy Jun 12, 21 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by dsp2489 (Post 33321575)
Was there a fix for this? Looking at the below itinerary - i think this is a route run by United but I can't seem to get the travel bank to apply.

This is a UA :eek:perated route. It should qualify for use of TravelBank funds. How are you searching? Try using the standard search, not advanced search and certainly not with any sort of upgrade option checked.

cfischer Jun 13, 21 8:33 am

Originally Posted by dsp2489 (Post 33321575)

make sure you have this as USA point of sale.

fr33b13 Jul 1, 21 10:08 pm

I'm trying to book a flight for 2 people that costs $250 a person.

I have $150 in ETC and $300 in Travel Bank Credit.

I don't see an option to use both online, does anyone know if it's possible to get an agent to use both? I tried calling and go no for an answer.

If it's not possible, my Plan B is book a flight with the $300 TB and then immediately cancel it and get ETC credit, then to use the $450 ETC credit to book my flight.

Is my Plan B possible?

WineCountryUA Jul 1, 21 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by fr33b13 (Post 33374904)
If it's not possible, my Plan B is book a flight with the $300 TB and then immediately cancel it and get ETC credit, then to use the $450 ETC credit to book my flight.

Is my Plan B possible?

If you immediately cancel the funds will go back to the TravelBank (based on my recent experience)

If you wait to cancel, you get a FFC, not an ETC. It has been sometime since UA provided ETCs on voluntary cancellations.

Plan C would be to make two separate bookings. If you really want to be on the same PNR, book the outbound and return separately.

fr33b13 Jul 1, 21 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33374959)
If you immediately cancel the funds will go back to the TravelBank (based on my recent experience)

If you wait to cancel, you get a FFC, not an ETC. It has been sometime since UA provided ETCs on voluntary cancellations.

Plan C would be to make two separate bookings. If you really want to be on the same PNR, book the outbound and return separately.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I go with Plan C, then I have $50 left in TB and have to pay the rest of the ETC ticket with CC right? No way to use up all my TB?