FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA "TravelBank" Q&A , with new option to deposit funds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2029660-ua-travelbank-q-new-option-deposit-funds.html)

uastarflyer Dec 31, 20 2:16 pm

Just a quick thanks to everyone here for the tip. I missed the promo but still got $250 Hilton AMEX credit for TB purchases. I assume once my AMEX annual fee posts I can do it again correct?

ctownflyer Dec 31, 20 2:28 pm


Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 32927161)
Just a quick thanks to everyone here for the tip. I missed the promo but still got $250 Hilton AMEX credit for TB purchases. I assume once my AMEX annual fee posts I can do it again correct?

It's calendar year based, not cardmembership year.

rxsamg Jan 4, 21 6:15 am


Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 32926554)
what do you have to lose on this? The longer you wait the smaller your chance of this counting for 2020. That is of course assuming you plan on buying some UA tickets in the coming years and worse comes to worse you get 5x MR points ;)

So, this AM we have success!!! Procrastinators can rejoice in the world LOL!!

Amex Plat
12/31 UA TB 2x$100 Purchases Made online
12/31 Charges listed as Pending
12/31 Charges changed to posted
1/3 Credit Posted

* I canít access meter to check if this applied to Ď20 or Ď21 credit BUT I assume Ď20 because I did 2 other identical charges/credits same days for streaming credit & wireless services which arenít effective in Ď21

Perhaps this year Iíll try a tad earlier :)

ctownflyer Jan 4, 21 10:10 am


Originally Posted by rxsamg (Post 32936362)
So, this AM we have success!!! Procrastinators can rejoice in the world LOL!!

* I canít access meter to check if this applied to Ď20 or Ď21 credit

It's definitely 2020 credit as it goes by the charge date, but why can't you access the meter?

rxsamg Jan 4, 21 10:19 am


Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 32936880)
It's definitely 2020 credit as it goes by the charge date, but why can't you access the meter?

Unsure, kept showing data not available. I read many others had same issue. Maybe due to airline selection recently done? (literally on 12/31 just before transactions)

ctownflyer Jan 4, 21 11:38 am


Originally Posted by rxsamg (Post 32936905)
Unsure, kept showing data not available. I read many others had same issue. Maybe due to airline selection recently done? (literally on 12/31 just before transactions)

Try in an incognito browser.

LAX Jan 4, 21 10:40 pm

With regard to the inactivity clause, is it safe to assume that any activity (ie: addition of new funds) will extend the life of the entire balance? For example, if I had purchased $100 Travel Bank funds on 1/1/21, as long as I add more funds before 7/1/22, the original $100 will not disappear (assuming no use during this time frame). TIA.

LAX

PS: I am aware of the 5-year expiration regardless of activity.

WineCountryUA Jan 5, 21 12:37 am


Originally Posted by LAX (Post 32939053)
With regard to the inactivity clause, is it safe to assume that any activity (ie: addition of new funds) will extend the life of the entire balance? For example, if I had purchased $100 Travel Bank funds on 1/1/21, as long as I add more funds before 7/1/22, the original $100 will not disappear (assuming no use during this time frame). TIA.

LAX

PS: I am aware of the 5-year expiration regardless of activity.

All deposited funds have 5 year life, bonus funds have specified life. The 18 months refers to the $5 per ticket which has been discontinued.
Each of these types of funds have a separate expiration -- click on the expiration date for detials

bobdillingerz Jan 6, 21 8:47 pm

*** For those of you who cannot apply Travel Bank funds***

It is because you have most likely selected an upgrade option. I was unable to select TB funds until I unselected Economy Plus, as soon as I unselected that option, TB funds showed up. Just United being as usual.

BDFlyer15 Jan 9, 21 8:17 pm

Should TB funds automatically go back into your account? In this case, I originally tried to book an itinerary with a combo of ETC + TB + Credit Card for the remaining balance, which somehow it worked online. However, it ended up never ticketing and I had to call 1k desk to get it sorted out. Realized, as has been mentioned in the forum before, that adding a third payment method caused the issue. Either way, the agent had to remove the TB and just apply the ETC and remainder on my CC. The correct amount posted on my CC and the ETC was used, but I haven’t received my TB funds back in my account. It has been a week... Do I need to call to get it manually put back into my account or is there typically a delay with this and it will eventually go back in my account automatically?

fumje Jan 9, 21 8:28 pm


Originally Posted by BDFlyer15 (Post 32955220)
Should TB funds automatically go back into your account? In this case, I originally tried to book an itinerary with a combo of ETC + TB + Credit Card for the remaining balance, which somehow it worked online. However, it ended up never ticketing and I had to call 1k desk to get it sorted out. Realized, as has been mentioned in the forum before, that adding a third payment method caused the issue. Either way, the agent had to remove the TB and just apply the ETC and remainder on my CC. The correct amount posted on my CC and the ETC was used, but I havenít received my TB funds back in my account. It has been a week... Do I need to call to get it manually put back into my account or is there typically a delay with this and it will eventually go back in my account automatically?

I can't speak from experience, but I think if you don't have it now, you'll have to get some manual intervention.

BDFlyer15 Jan 10, 21 9:04 am


Originally Posted by fumje (Post 32955239)
I can't speak from experience, but I think if you don't have it now, you'll have to get some manual intervention.

Fair enough. Iíll give the 1k desk a call today and hopefully get it sorted out. Thanks

freedom2020 Jan 13, 21 3:18 pm

Can I use travel bank funds to pay for luggage and/or seat selection?

WineCountryUA Jan 13, 21 3:28 pm


Originally Posted by freedom2020 (Post 32965844)
Can I use travel bank funds to pay for luggage and/or seat selection?

No (unless it is a part of the flight purchase)
Travel Bank funds can not be used for auxiliary fees

linsj Jan 14, 21 7:44 am

Somehow I missed TB as a way to get the airline credit on my Hilton amex. When I went to my TB account, I found a $50 thank you bonus I didn't know I had. It's dated 1/4, before I put money in. Does anyone know what this is for?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.