Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag check location for SFO-Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Bag check location for SFO-Mexico

I should know this, but it's been years since I've flown UA to Mexico. We're departing SFO-SJD nonstop. The usual gates assigned to this flight are recently in the F1-F4 range. So I assume that for the purposes of bag check, one uses the normal T3 domestic counters, not the G concourse? However, confusing the issue is that on my day, the gate happens to be "International", which of course sometimes happens to a variety of domestic departures. So even though my destination is outside the US, and the gate is on the G concourse, I assume I still check bags in the domestic terminal, clear TSA there, and then use the airside walkway to G?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:40 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Just use the ticketing counters that match the gate from which the plane is departing. If you are departing from a G gate, check in at International. If you are at an E/F gate, check in at T3.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by nnn
Just use the ticketing counters that match the gate from which the plane is departing. If you are departing from a G gate, check in at International. If you are at an E/F gate, check in at T3.
Agree....have departed to Mexico out of both E/F and G locations. But haven't flown there since Covid and the decrease in flights, so that doesn't really clarify things.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Per UA, International-G no longer has its check-in counters. So OP's question is irrelevant.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by garykung
Per UA, International-G no longer has its check-in counters. So OP's question is irrelevant.
There are very much still active check in counters in G
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by D582
There are very much still active check in counters in G
Tell that to UA, not me.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Tell that to UA, not me.
This page gives opening hours for UA ticketing and bag check in SFO G:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...nters/usa.html
D582 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
You can use either check in location (E/F or G), it shouldn't matter. Although, with Covid flight reductions staffing at the international terminal might be sparse or non existent at certain times. Probably easier to check in at E/F if you don't mind walking.
D582 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starman
This page gives opening hours for UA ticketing and bag check in SFO G:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...nters/usa.html
It does not mention "International Terminal G", but it does say "Terminal 3". I do agree with freeagent's suggestion about going to Terminal 3.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You have misread the page. The suspension notice refers to lounges, not check-in counters.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You have misread the page. The suspension notice refers to lounges, not check-in counters.
The map only shows check-in counters at T3.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:32 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Perhaps best to leave responses to those who have actually been thru the UA international terminal

Note the A gate international terminal did close and international operations consolidated on the G side but now both are operating
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Perhaps best to leave responses to those who have actually been thru the UA international terminal
There were UA agents at the Intl G check-in counters the last time I passed through there in mid-September.

No idea however on what hours of the day they're staffed. I would assume it would be aligned with any scheduled UA departures from the G gates.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Perhaps best to leave things as-is based on the official information provided by UA.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Perhaps best to leave things as-is based on the official information provided by UA.
as of last week, G check in was bustling during the morning hours. More so than T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.