Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is UA blocking some Row 1 domestic F seats for FAs? No longer starting 11 Nov 2020?

Is UA blocking some Row 1 domestic F seats for FAs? No longer starting 11 Nov 2020?

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 11, 20, 8:33 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
UA appears to have dropped the FA social distancing seat blocking program on 11 Nov 2020

Originally Posted by cosflyer View Post
i was chatting it up with a ua mainline gate agent in houston and showed her this post....she said that uax aircraft crj200 and erj170/175 and ua mainline 737 have "hard blocked" ....seats 1c/d on uax crj200,erj170/175 and 1e/f on the 737 can not be used(hard blocked) and on the 319/320 1 b/e can be used if needed(soft blocked) the reason she said that uax seats are blocked is that the distance from the galley to row 1 is relatively short and thats why those seats are hard blocked and on the 737 there are 2 f/a seated in the forward jumpseat so on takeoff and landing they can be socially distanced.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 21, 20, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

Originally Posted by pprrff View Post
Does United block adjacent seats for Domestic First or will I end up with someone that gets upgraded beside me? Delta and Alaska appear to be blocking Adjacent for First/Business
They do not block in F, except 1B/1E sometimes (can be released by the GA).
Old Aug 21, 20, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by findark View Post
For sure and like it or not F is typically full while E/E+ can be relatively empty. I have either purchased or have been upgraded to F on nearly all of my flights since 3/15 and almost universally (especially recently) F is full.
Old Aug 24, 20, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, OZ
Originally Posted by findark View Post
Iíve got a flight coming up, noticed those two were blocked. F is booked 4/12 with 4 left on the upgrade list. If I choose 1A would it be more likely 1B will stay blocked?
Old Aug 24, 20, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by dinoscool3 View Post
Iíve got a flight coming up, noticed those two were blocked. F is booked 4/12 with 4 left on the upgrade list. If I choose 1A would it be more likely 1B will stay blocked?
Yes. It's pretty much guaranteed that 1B and 1E will be the last two seats to be filled.
Old Aug 25, 20, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was on an A319 out of EWR this morning, even 1B and 1E were filled. Haven't seen that in a while.
Old Aug 25, 20, 11:02 am

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by threecap View Post
I was on an A319 out of EWR this morning, even 1B and 1E were filled. Haven't seen that in a while.
Meh. FAís donít need distancing...
Old Sep 5, 20, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, WN A-List Pref & CP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott (LT) Plat, Hertz PC
Any other reports on blocking of 2 seats in F on the A319? It looks like theyíre blocked on the seat map but the upgrade list doesnít show (booked + 2 blocked / 12) like it does for the 737s. Would be helpful for an upcoming flight upgrade if I can expect first to go out 12/12 vs 10/12.
Old Sep 7, 20, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

1E & 1F appear to be blocked, so if no other seats become available, you'll get one of those. .
I don't believe they are available to passengers at all, are they? I thought they're keeping those blocked for crew distancing at jump seat - 1AB are separated by closet.
Old Sep 7, 20, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
I don't believe they are available to passengers at all, are they? I thought they're keeping those blocked for crew distancing at jump seat - 1AB are separated by closet.
I've seen anecdotal reports that two seats in row 1 are the last to be filled (I thought it was 1B and 1E, but it might be 1E/F), but that they get filled nonetheless when necessary. I doubt that UA would pay downgrade compensation rather than fill those seats. But I also think that there are likely to be enough cancellations that it won't matter to the OP.
Old Sep 8, 20, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
I've seen anecdotal reports that two seats in row 1 are the last to be filled (I thought it was 1B and 1E, but it might be 1E/F), but that they get filled nonetheless when necessary. I doubt that UA would pay downgrade compensation rather than fill those seats. But I also think that there are likely to be enough cancellations that it won't matter to the OP.
Itís definitely 1EF (Iíve been in 1A w/ someone assigned 1B. I donít recall being in a fully booked F cabin recently, so I donít know if theyíll release them if needed.
Old Sep 8, 20, 6:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Itís definitely 1EF (Iíve been in 1A w/ someone assigned 1B. I donít recall being in a fully booked F cabin recently, so I donít know if theyíll release them if needed.
I havenít seen 1EF occupied on any 737 flights Iíve taken post-pandemic, and all except one or two have been full in F. I think they are a hard block for FA ďsocial distancingĒ, so they arenít on the same jumpseat.
Old Sep 8, 20, 7:31 am

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Flights BOS-ORD (738) and ORD-BOS (739) this weekend. On both flights 1E and 1F were kept open for flight attendants. Cabin was completely full otherwise and people left on upgrade list
Old Sep 9, 20, 2:52 am

Programs: UA
Flew this past weekend, 1A/B were filled with paying pax 3/3 flights.
Old Sep 9, 20, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA GS MM, DL Plat, Mariott LT Plat/Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
UA is blocking 1C on the E175. Are they blocking any other first class seats? I was told 1C on that plane is always blocked due to proximity to the flight attendant.
Old Sep 9, 20, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL View Post
UA is blocking 1C on the E175. Are they blocking any other first class seats? I was told 1C on that plane is always blocked due to proximity to the flight attendant.
I thought they had stopped blocking F Seats, but they blocked 1E-F on a 739 ORD-LAX today.

Last edited by SS255; Sep 9, 20 at 9:01 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: