Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is UA blocking some Row 1 domestic F seats for FAs? No longer starting 11 Nov 2020?

Is UA blocking some Row 1 domestic F seats for FAs? No longer starting 11 Nov 2020?

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 11, 20, 8:33 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
UA appears to have dropped the FA social distancing seat blocking program on 11 Nov 2020

Originally Posted by cosflyer View Post
i was chatting it up with a ua mainline gate agent in houston and showed her this post....she said that uax aircraft crj200 and erj170/175 and ua mainline 737 have "hard blocked" ....seats 1c/d on uax crj200,erj170/175 and 1e/f on the 737 can not be used(hard blocked) and on the 319/320 1 b/e can be used if needed(soft blocked) the reason she said that uax seats are blocked is that the distance from the galley to row 1 is relatively short and thats why those seats are hard blocked and on the 737 there are 2 f/a seated in the forward jumpseat so on takeoff and landing they can be socially distanced.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 10, 20, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by daisyatl View Post
I missed that. Thanks. But odd that map showing only one seat available and upgrade list showing three. Again, I know that one cannot rely on the map but usually shows more available seats than actual and not less.

Thanks! I meant to quote you in my reply above.
You're welcome! Sometimes they block seats for oversold cabins too.
Old Nov 10, 20, 10:23 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Gold (almost LT Plat), Hilton LT ♢, National Exec,
Indeed, the blocking is over on the Airbuses. My upcoming flight showed 1ABEF open, it has since filled, so here’s a screenshot of another A319 next week:

It was nice while it lasted, I went out of my way to fly A319/A320s when I could get a bulkhead seat, but no more!

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Nov 10, 20 at 10:30 pm
Old Nov 10, 20, 10:44 pm

My friend got upgraded and now shows 10 booked and 12 capacity. Trying to purchase and it now shows J2. But no seats are showing as available on the map. I wonder if the system/map hasn't completely been updated and 2 more will be upgraded and put in the seats that were previously blocked for FAs.
Old Nov 10, 20, 10:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
My friend got upgraded and now shows 10 booked and 12 capacity. Trying to purchase and it now shows J2. But no seats are showing as available on the map. I wonder if the system/map hasn't completely been updated and 2 more will be upgraded and put in the seats that were previously blocked for FAs.
Is the flight on the 10th or the 11th?
Do you have access to ExpertFlyer which shows blocked vs assigned. Of can you provide flight info for someone else to check?
Old Nov 10, 20, 11:23 pm

Hi. Thanks. It is tomorrow. Flight 320 from SFO to DEN.
Old Nov 11, 20, 12:13 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
1BE are blocked (J2), the previous "standard" for UA AirBus and not assigned. If the reports are correct, they should be assignable tomorrow
Old Nov 11, 20, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
1BE are blocked (J2) and not assigned. If the reports are correct, they should be assignable tomorrow
Thank you! If the booked does not show 12 tomorrow then I guess that means they are still blocking those seats. But will confirm with my friend.
Old Nov 11, 20, 12:39 am

1BE are blocked (J2), the previous "standard" for UA AirBus and not assigned. If the reports are correct, they should be assignable tomorrow
Just checked again and the seat map is showing those seats as available!
Old Nov 11, 20, 5:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Personally, I think that flying an A320 on flight 320 is cool.

David

p.s. The status seat map shows that all seats up front were occupied - did your friend see if anyone ended up in the 1BE seats?
Old Nov 11, 20, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Personally, I think that flying an A320 on flight 320 is cool.

David

p.s. The status seat map shows that all seats up front were occupied - did your friend see if anyone ended up in the 1BE seats?
Ha. Guess 420 would be even cooler is such a plane existed To your question, they ended up up upgraded two more people but only 30 minutes before takeoff. Actually cleared standbys before clearing upgrade list.
Old Nov 11, 20, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
I have a mix of 739, 738, 320, 319 coming up on an itinerary. All showing no blocked seats in F.

Now when are PDBs coming back?

-RM
Old Nov 11, 20, 9:53 pm

Ha. Guess 420 would be even cooler is such a plane existed To your question, they ended up up upgraded two more people but only 30 minutes before takeoff. Actually cleared standbys before clearing upgrade list.
Let's see what Airbus' next generation of passenger aircraft get named/enumerated...

And your reply confirms the removal of the 1st row seat blocks. UA: Gotta make money.

David
Old Nov 11, 20, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
.. UA: Gotta make money. ...
Probably more accurate to say -- gotta to stop losing money. UA's short-term goal is to breakeven. Q1?
Old Nov 11, 20, 11:04 pm

Probably more accurate to say -- gotta to stop losing money. UA's short-term goal is to breakeven. Q1?
ok - UA: Gotta make (some) money.

David
Old Nov 27, 20, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flying ORD-PSP on an E75 right now and it's booked to 12/12 in F. As recently as last month flights I was on had 1C on the E75 blocked and the F cabin filled to only 11/12.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: