Flying UA with the new SLC terminal

Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Flying UA with the new SLC terminal

The new SLC terminal is opening today. I'll be flying out tomorrow, and wondered if anyone has experienced it yet. It looks like the United flights are still in the old F concourse, but the check-in is at the new terminal. How long is the walk and how long did it take to get to the United gate area?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
The new SLC terminal is opening today. I'll be flying out tomorrow, and wondered if anyone has experienced it yet. It looks like the United flights are still in the old F concourse, but the check-in is at the new terminal. How long is the walk and how long did it take to get to the United gate area?
It looks like a decent hike from the new terminal out to the old ones. This thread over in the DL forum has a lot of info on the new airport as well as some maps you may find useful. Might have better luck asking your question over there as some have already flown in/out today.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
It looks like a decent hike from the new terminal out to the old ones. This thread over in the DL forum has a lot of info on the new airport as well as some maps you may find useful. Might have better luck asking your question over there as some have already flown in/out today.
I saw the thread, but didn't know if they would have a feel for going over to concourse F. I'll look through it.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
I hear it's a bit confusing. This article talked about an app you can download for directions/navigation.

https://kutv.com/news/local/driving-...tional-airport

I can't wait to see the new facility next week! This could really launch SLC.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
United will be moving to the new terminal- concourse B west, around the 3rd week in Oct- nearly 2 years early. Currently the walk is about 10 minutes longer from the new garage to the old Terminal 1.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:37 am

I will be flying out of SLC this weekend on United. I'll do my best to get some pictures and descriptions of what has changed.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Right now it's kind of inconvenient flying out of F. We thought we could get something to eat on the way to the gate, but almost all of the businesses in the terminals other than A are closed. I'm looking forward to having them move to the new B terminal.
nomad420 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for creating this thread, was curious myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.