Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Loads covid19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Las Vegas flights are tending to run at/near capacity nowadays. A good chunk of passengers are non-rev standbys, though. Still seems like UA should be adding a flight to/from hubs soon. Maybe they are in October - just haven't looked.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Flew DEN-CLE outbound September 3 before Labor Day and CLE-ORD-DEN September 9 on th return. B737, E170 and B777. If you believe the seat map after departure, all were at 75-80% capacity.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by rockdoc
Flew DEN-CLE outbound September 3 before Labor Day and CLE-ORD-DEN September 9 on th return. B737, E170 and B777. If you believe the seat map after departure, all were at 75-80% capacity.
Why is this surprising? UA is pretty much selling to capacity.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Really just depends on your origin & destination. Like all, ymmv.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
Why is this surprising? UA is pretty much selling to capacity.
Not surprising, just a data point. However, I have a friend who is gate agent in DEN and she says most flights go out at less than 50% capacity.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I"m really surprised at the international flights running, even the likes of the newly started ORD-TLV. Empty flights beyond belief.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by CALMSP
I"m really surprised at the international flights running, even the likes of the newly started ORD-TLV. Empty flights beyond belief.
That would likely be cargo. (Same for Australia, where the passenger load is strictly limited by aus govt)

Unlike passengers load (EF/seat map/people at airport looking at passengers) no way to find out cargo profitability unless you're an insider, or staring at the cargo hold with binoculars during unloading
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by paperwastage
That would likely be cargo. (Same for Australia, where the passenger load is strictly limited by aus govt)

Unlike passengers load (EF/seat map/people at airport looking at passengers) no way to find out cargo profitability unless you're an insider, or staring at the cargo hold with binoculars during unloading
its a pax flight, its first flight was last week, along with a celebration at the gate at ORD
Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CALMSP
its a pax flight, its first flight was last week, along with a celebration at the gate at ORD
But could not cargo can still be a major supporting contribution?

Reports the due to the decrease of passenger flights (which would have some cargo), cargo lift is at a premium to many locales

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 18, 2020 at 6:54 pm
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by paperwastage
Right, Australia is severely limiting the daily number of pax into Sydney in particular
Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Just a few anecdotal data points: 1) I fly weekly and it's rare for me to not get a "your flight is fairly full" email. Most flights that I'm on tend to be at least 75-80% full and 2) I was in the IAH Houston airport on Friday and it was the busiest that I've seen it before covid. First time I've flown out of terminal B since Covid and it was hopping, as was terminal C.

Last edited by JNelson113; Sep 20, 2020 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But could not cargo can still be a major supporting contribution?

Reports the due to the decrease of passenger flights (which would have some cargo), cargo lift is at a premium to many locales
they hav been running cargo flights, but the introduction of a new pax flight when no one is on the plane is just strange, especially when you can filter pax through EWR.........which is also wide open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.