Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CRE, D multiple enteries on UA flight upgrade list

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arbitrary sampling of upgrade waitlists for tomorrow (captured yesterday):

UA2291 LAX-ORD

UA2102 ORD-SFO

UA1844 SFO-LAX

UA1842 ORD-EWR

UA1842 ORD-EWR again, later

Today, they are gone from all lists.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
United Express (UAX) management and United Express creditors (CRE, D)? Creditors seem to have some sort of status over management.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
United Express (UAX) management and United Express creditors (CRE, D)? Creditors seem to have some sort of status over management.
My guess is they are spots reserved for deadheading UA crew (CRE, D) and United Express Crew (UAX, C).
drewguy likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsloan
My guess is they are spots reserved for deadheading UA crew (CRE, D) and United Express Crew (UAX, C).
I like that guess. I wonder if it converts to last-3, first-1 when they check in. I don't see it much on any flight after T-24h.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
I think the same are inserted about 48 hours prior to the flight but I haven't watched closely enough to know precisely.

It's not uncommon for trips to be dropped, traded, or reassigned so the names would be changing a lot if they were assigned sooner.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:39 pm

My flight to SYD is in a couple days and so I thought I’d spy on the upgrade list a little bit so I changed the time on my phone and checked the app. This is what I saw: Business class fully booked and the upgrade list has 9 CRE, D on it. What’s going on here? Given the 30 passenger per flight limit is still in place I don’t think UA can even sell out all 48 business seats.

Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ben237829624
My flight to SYD is in a couple days and so I thought I’d spy on the upgrade list a little bit so I changed the time on my phone and checked the app. This is what I saw: Business class fully booked and the upgrade list has 9 CRE, D on it. What’s going on here? Given the 30 passenger per flight limit is still in place I don’t think UA can even sell out all 48 business seats.
'Full' doesn't mean 48 seats have been filled; it means whatever number of seats that they haven't blocked off have been filled.
The two blank entries and then lots of CRE, D., seems most likely to be bad data, although it's possible that there's some family out there that really likes "D" names.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
...What’s going on here? Given the 30 passenger per flight limit is still in place I don’t think UA can even sell out all 48 business seats.
Full means the flight is J0, not necessarily all seats sold.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Crew, Deadheading.

The PNRs are built with placeholder names.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by fezzington
Crew, Deadheading.

The PNRs are built with placeholder names.
Now you spell it out I don’t think it’s this family having first name starting with D lol.
But my second question is why are deadheading crew reservations on the upgrade list?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Now you spell it out I don’t think it’s this family having first name starting with D lol.
But my second question is why are deadheading crew reservations on the upgrade list?
Crew for the return flight is probably not counted in the 30 arrival passenger limit.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
As NRPS, Deadheading crew goes after all customers, and before NRSAs for upgrades.

edit: also --
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Crew for the return flight is probably not counted in the 30 arrival passenger limit.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
As NRPS, Deadheading crew goes after all customers, and before NRSAs for upgrades.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Wow. Dats a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time to be on a plane.

David
Old Sep 3, 2020, 4:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Yeah, the top two redacted entries (unsure why they were redacted, as it's very easy to look them up as W/DEN and N/LUC) are revenue pax trying to upgrade, unlike the D/CRE entries.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, the top two redacted entries (unsure why they were redacted, as it's very easy to look them up as W/DEN and N/LUC) are revenue pax trying to upgrade, unlike the D/CRE entries.
Haha ... maybe one of them is OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.