Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Problems getting a ticket receipt from UA.com

Old Aug 1, 20, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

I think there used to be a button that allows us to view and print itineraries in a new tab in the manage reservation page, but I cannot find it anymore. Is there any way to see my receipt? I requested the receipt to be sent to my email for many times, but it never appeared in my inbox.
Old Aug 2, 20, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by yowi View Post
I think there used to be a button that allows us to view and print itineraries in a new tab in the manage reservation page, but I cannot find it anymore. Is there any way to see my receipt? I requested the receipt to be sent to my email for many times, but it never appeared in my inbox.
Ive had much better luck in the past at receiving an emailed receipt by requesting it through the iPhone App - I dont use the website for that anymore so not sure where it might be if they changed it
Old Aug 2, 20, 8:39 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
Originally Posted by yowi View Post
It’s annoying that it’s gone
TerryK and higher_flyer like this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:11 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by arisaa View Post
It’s annoying that it’s gone
Agreed. There is nowhere on the itinerary page to actually get your ticket number other than try to get it to email it to you.

Chris
Old Aug 25, 20, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G

Used to be able to click on View receipt and get a nice, clean one page receipt include ticket number.
That is now gone and replaced by Email receipt. Except that this doesn't seem to work any more, at least for me.
In the past couple of weeks, I've tried to email a receipt on multiple occasions, to 4 different email addresses. None of them have arrived despite getting a "We successfully sent your receipt" message.

Any ideas how to get a receipt these days without calling in?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 25, 20, 12:43 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past. (IAH, DEN, YKF)
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
I've tried to email a receipt on multiple occasions, to 4 different email addresses. None of them have arrived despite getting a "We successfully sent your receipt" message.
Interesting. The go to for me has always been using the app and then using a different email address to force UA.com to (re)generate a new eTicket receipt.

Should note this only works if the original ticket has already been issued (I think?) and you'll still get the "email sent" confirmation even if no eticket exists yet.

Might be worth a phone call to see if Res or the ESD can push it out.
Old Aug 25, 20, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Used to be able to click on View receipt and get a nice, clean one page receipt include ticket number.
That is now gone and replaced by Email receipt. Except that this doesn't seem to work any more, at least for me.
In the past couple of weeks, I've tried to email a receipt on multiple occasions, to 4 different email addresses. None of them have arrived despite getting a "We successfully sent your receipt" message.

Any ideas how to get a receipt these days without calling in?
I've had just this problem. I even tried calling in and asking for a receipt to be sent. That did not arrive either. I subsequently discovered that my wife was deluged with receipts when I tried in vain to obtain a receipt from UA. It seems that our two pax reservation was purchased from her account and not mine. Every time I asked for a receipt UA sent it not to the address it asked for and that I supplied, but to my wife's email address on file with UA.

I hpe this helps you to obtain a receipt. I hope UA fixes this annoying problem. I hope UA returns the "View receipt" button. Emailed receipts are another step when one simply wants to print a receipt. Aside from an extra unnecessary step, emailing causes all sorts of additional stuff to show up when printing.
SPN Lifer and SFO777 like this.
Old Aug 27, 20, 6:53 am

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: DM 3.3MM, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titan Elite, Hertz PresC
After having talked to UA/1K desk, they told me that they have been working on the web page and that they have received multiple complains about the missing "print receipt" button. Also the new format expands the receipt from a single page to a minimum of 3 page format, which is just painful.
Old Aug 28, 20, 8:02 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Christefan View Post
After having talked to UA/1K desk, they told me that they have been working on the web page and that they have received multiple complains about the missing "print receipt" button. Also the new format expands the receipt from a single page to a minimum of 3 page format, which is just painful.
Suggest that anyone interacting with 1K Desk whether verbally or electronically make the plea to reinstate the “View Receipt” option on both the United app and United.com.

Sending that message to 1KVoice now.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 28, 20, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
The app works great to get a receipt. Issues within seconds typically

Go to my trips, select trip, scroll to bottom select email receipt. Your email on file will pre-propagate or you can enter another
Old Aug 28, 20, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
The app works great to get a receipt. Issues within seconds typically

Go to my trips, select trip, scroll to bottom select email receipt. Your email on file will pre-propagate or you can enter another
Emailed receipts print over numerous pages, not on a single page as with the "view receipt" button. That is rather inconvenient. Als, if someone else has purchased the ticket via a different UA account, UA seems to ignore the email address entered and sends it to the original purchaser. This can prove to be quite confusing when receipts do not show up as requested -- while the original purchaser is deluged with receipts as you try, frustrated, multiple times.
Old Aug 28, 20, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
While it was about 2 months ago when I last used it, I had s different problems with the whole receipts thing. For the longest time, the single page receipt would not update seat assignments unless I emailed myself a single-page receipt first. Not that I can't email myself one, seat assignments do not update. Also, the single page receipts would show as 4 different receipts for 4 different travelers.

We cancelled our only UA reservation about two months ago so I don't have access to be able to check the workaround using the iPhone app.
Old Aug 28, 20, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a back up I made it a habit to ask for a print-out of my ticket receipt upon check-in or at the UC, which I then can keep or make an electronic copy of.
Old Nov 12, 20, 5:48 pm

Programs: 1.3mm
United.com... viewing receipt

I remember a time when I could view my receipt on the United.com site, but I can't seem to find that link when trying to manage my reservations. Did they move this to another area of the website, or am I blind, or just get rid of it all together?

I know i can email it all day long, but I like to copy and paste it for my expense report, as it looks better than the email receipt.

Last edited by United777Heavy; Nov 12, 20 at 5:55 pm
Old Nov 12, 20, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Unfortunately, this has been going on for a while...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: