Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS2021 news:present GS status extended to Jan2022, domestic UC access, additional PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
We've taken some time to think about our invitation-only Global Services® program and how to make it more rewarding for our most valued members. Although Global Services invitations are not subject to fixed annual requirements, it’s clear that basing 2021 Global Services® program invitations off of 2020 travel activity wouldn't fairly reward loyalty to United. For this reason, we're pleased to offer some certainty during these uncertain times; members that earned their Global Services status based off of 2019 flying activity will have theirGlobal Services status extended to January 31, 2022.

We've also taken time to review the benefits of our invitation-only program and are pleased to announce a brand-new level of comfort that will make time spent at the airport even better. Starting in January 2021, we'll welcome Global Services members traveling on domestic flights to United Club locations throughout our network. Global Services members already have United Club access when flying internationally on United or a Star Alliance™ member airline, so this new benefit means you can enjoy any of our United Club locations when traveling on United flights. More details can be found in today’s email to Global Services members, and full details on the upcoming United Club benefit will be shared later in the year.
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
They just sent out the new lounge benefit email. See below.
​​​​
Print Wikipost

GS2021 news:present GS status extended to Jan2022, domestic UC access, additional PP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:30 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

We've taken some time to think about our invitation-only Global Services® program and how to make it more rewarding for our most valued members. Although Global Services invitations are not subject to fixed annual requirements, it’s clear that basing 2021 Global Services® program invitations off of 2020 travel activity wouldn't fairly reward loyalty to United. For this reason, we're pleased to offer some certainty during these uncertain times; members that earned their Global Services status based off of 2019 flying activity will have theirGlobal Services status extended to January 31, 2022.

We've also taken time to review the benefits of our invitation-only program and are pleased to announce a brand-new level of comfort that will make time spent at the airport even better. Starting in January 2021, we'll welcome Global Services members traveling on domestic flights to United Club locations throughout our network. Global Services members already have United Club access when flying internationally on United or a Star Alliance™ member airline, so this new benefit means you can enjoy any of our United Club locations when traveling on United flights. More details can be found in today’s email to Global Services members, and full details on the upcoming United Club benefit will be shared later in the year.

Last edited by UA Insider; Aug 6, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
The United Club announcement is a step in the right direction. I really wish they would bring back premium lounge access (in other words, Polaris) for GS flying business on premium transcons. That remains one of the big weaknesses of GS compared to AA CK.
jp12687 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Will it be possible to receive GS just based 2020 travel? This would be someone not presently GS.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Not sure why it took this long but finally a positive step from United to the GS members... UC access is a nice touch.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Yay!!!! Finally. I was starting to get a little concerned.

No complaints for once :-)
Dyce likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:18 am
Original Poster

2020 GS

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Will it be possible to receive GS just based 2020 travel? This would be someone not presently GS.
Hi WineCountryUA. Thanks for the question! It’s still possible to get Global Services status if you don’t have it already; we will still extend Global Services invitations to a small group of members that demonstrate high value in 2020.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Awesome! Just awesome! So happy!
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dyce
Not sure why it took this long but finally a positive step from United to the GS members... UC access is a nice touch.
Hi Dyce. Glad you like the new benefit! We were optimistic about traveling resuming earlier in 2020 but it’s clear that the impact of COVID is so broad that 2020 flight activity isn’t a fair basis for all of our Global Services members to requalify for status in 2021. We also wanted to take the time to do a review of Global Services benefits since 2021 presents an opportunity to enhance the program, and are happy to announce the upcoming United Club benefit in tandem with the status extension.
wxguy and Dyce like this.

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Got the email today. Glad it was extended, was getting a bit worried.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Appreciate it for sure. @UA Insider, I'm sure that you guys have heard the feedback and it's probably a conscious decision at this point, but just wanted to reiterate how massive a devaluation of benefits the "one direction" rules for clearing companions are. Some degree of reduction would be totally understandable (for example, don't allow clearing a companion if GS member is on a P fare), but its current incarnation renders the benefit totally useless as many of us have companions who will not go if they are in coach, but buying a one way business ticket costs more than the round trip, rendering the benefit truly valueless.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Well Done!

Although this announcement does not impact some of us who are lifetime GS and lifetime United Club members, I am happy for all the GS members who will receive the one year extension and added United Club benefits.

It is only fair we give credit and praise to United when they are doing something right to take their best customers ^, especially there were a lot negative comments and criticisms (we know who you are ;-))

Well done UA!
SPN Lifer, JetBunny, wxguy and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
All my complaining Paid off. I only had to start 20 threads about how the heck GS don’t get domestic United club access!!!! Nice move United this really is a step in the right direction.
BlueHenFlyer and LordHamster like this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
All my complaining Paid off. I only had to start 20 threads about how the heck GS don’t get domestic United club access!!!! Nice move United this really is a step in the right direction.
My gut says it will be short lived (as in like a couple of years).

Also, would be interesting to know if the are getting a full UC membership, or if it is just for the GS member only (no guests).
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780

Also, would be interesting to know if the are getting a full UC membership, or if it is just for the GS member only (no guests).
Trust me a hard benefit like this can’t go away unless GS status is abolished or the United club goes away. Access is only for the GS. Now that every GS gets access to the United club it will be interesting to see whether the United club starts offering a superset GS customer area with GS agents.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:41 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780

UC Access, not UC membership
No guests when on domestic only travel, standard rules for international
jhayes_1780 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.