Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS2021 news:present GS status extended to Jan2022, domestic UC access, additional PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
We've taken some time to think about our invitation-only Global Services® program and how to make it more rewarding for our most valued members. Although Global Services invitations are not subject to fixed annual requirements, it’s clear that basing 2021 Global Services® program invitations off of 2020 travel activity wouldn't fairly reward loyalty to United. For this reason, we're pleased to offer some certainty during these uncertain times; members that earned their Global Services status based off of 2019 flying activity will have theirGlobal Services status extended to January 31, 2022.

We've also taken time to review the benefits of our invitation-only program and are pleased to announce a brand-new level of comfort that will make time spent at the airport even better. Starting in January 2021, we'll welcome Global Services members traveling on domestic flights to United Club locations throughout our network. Global Services members already have United Club access when flying internationally on United or a Star Alliance™ member airline, so this new benefit means you can enjoy any of our United Club locations when traveling on United flights. More details can be found in today’s email to Global Services members, and full details on the upcoming United Club benefit will be shared later in the year.
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
They just sent out the new lounge benefit email. See below.
​​​​
Print Wikipost

GS2021 news:present GS status extended to Jan2022, domestic UC access, additional PP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jrad99
Would “earned” status include Passplus customers that received a GS nomination for large corporate deposits with United?

I haven’t gotten an email extending mine 😬
NOPE! Didn't get mine either and I have my status via PassPlus. Let me know if you learn anything...I emailed them and they have yet to respond...
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by kevflyer
UA is offering GS challenge for $12k to select 1Ks:

https://twitter.com/BrianSumers/stat...12080350146560
Are people getting e-mails, or how are they being notified of eligibility?
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
So....the annual ‘magic number’ running rate for GS this year seems to be $48k ($12k in 3 mo).
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mrt88
I got an email on 6 August. My assumption is this was only for people who had a failed challenge earlier in the year like myself due to COVID stopping travel.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mrt88
Originally Posted by HAudidoody
I got an email on 6 August. My assumption is this was only for people who had a failed challenge earlier in the year like myself due to COVID stopping travel.
I didn't get one that's for sure.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I got mine on Sunday. I spent $35k last year, and lost status after 4 or 5 years with it again. I also failed my challenge from COVID travel stopping for me.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I got mine on Sunday. I spent $35k last year, and lost status after 4 or 5 years with it again. I also failed my challenge from COVID travel stopping for me.
I probably won't act on it until the end of December. Biz travel is still completely dead in my area and it doesn't look to pick up til next year at the earliest.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Did anyone not in a challenge get one?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lakid
I just checked my e-card on the app and the expiration is 1/22 but my 1MM companion Is still showing 1/21 Any idea if 1MM companion GS will be extended if the primary GS was not earned the hard way?
You can change your companion anytime up until 11:59 CST on 12/31 - so they're not going to extend that until 1/1/2021, at the earliest. There is no indication that the MM companion status match benefit is going anywhere anytime soon.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer
You can change your companion anytime up until 11:59 CST on 12/31 - so they're not going to extend that until 1/1/2021, at the earliest. ...
Basic point is right but the dates are off
You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by November 30 (for changes to existing companion nominations) or December 30 (for first-time nominations) to be effective for the following year. MileagePlus will not be able to accept changes to existing companion nominations during the month of December.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kevflyer
UA is offering GS challenge for $12k to select 1Ks:

https://twitter.com/BrianSumers/stat...12080350146560
that seems like a normal GS challenge to me. What's new here?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by cfischer
I think in the past challenges were solely offered at the beginning of the calendar year, so this is an off-cycle offer of challenges, and also maybe is being expanded to some 1Ks who didn't get them earlier in the year?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 3:39 pm

It didn't seem normal to me. The challenge was re-offered after I failed earlier in the year and reduced from $18K to $12K. Plus I was given a much larger range in the start date.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
In the past, I think these were only offered to people who failed to re-qualify for GS. This time, many 1Ks (who have never been GS) seem to be receiving the challenge.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAflyer93
This time, many 1Ks (who have never been GS) seem to be receiving the challenge.
IMHO, a strong sign that GS are simply not showing up for UA flights!
Flying paid overseas business: why would you? given scorched inflight service that's left??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.