Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS2021 news:present GS status extended to Jan2022, domestic UC access, additional PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
We've taken some time to think about our invitation-only Global Services® program and how to make it more rewarding for our most valued members. Although Global Services invitations are not subject to fixed annual requirements, it’s clear that basing 2021 Global Services® program invitations off of 2020 travel activity wouldn't fairly reward loyalty to United. For this reason, we're pleased to offer some certainty during these uncertain times; members that earned their Global Services status based off of 2019 flying activity will have theirGlobal Services status extended to January 31, 2022.

We've also taken time to review the benefits of our invitation-only program and are pleased to announce a brand-new level of comfort that will make time spent at the airport even better. Starting in January 2021, we'll welcome Global Services members traveling on domestic flights to United Club locations throughout our network. Global Services members already have United Club access when flying internationally on United or a Star Alliance™ member airline, so this new benefit means you can enjoy any of our United Club locations when traveling on United flights. More details can be found in today’s email to Global Services members, and full details on the upcoming United Club benefit will be shared later in the year.
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
They just sent out the new lounge benefit email. See below.
​​​​
Print Wikipost

GS2021 news:present GS status extended to Jan2022, domestic UC access, additional PP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
And thus may have disappeared my last remaining reason to keep the MileagePlus Club card.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
WOW - This is awesome

I had a half drafted letter that i was planning to send lamenting the fact I have spent 16K on AA this year SOLELY because I couldn't get a seat on a UA flight from CHS-TPA to a hub or the seat I could get just couldn't get me to a hub to make a connection to destination. I made a total of 7 round trips between April and June. (I book 4-48 hours out typically) I spent hours on the phone with GS agent trying to figure a way, I was worried about GS requal (already finished 1K), but now I can relax and not stress if I have to fly 'GULP' AA or OMG 'WN' hehe

Now for my plea - please increase flight in/out of CHS - flights are not as packed since a 4th flight was added and flexibility is somewhat better. My job is immune to covid and my travel hasn't stopped a bit except for overseas - domestic travel is actually increased.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
For folks with a paid or Club card based membership, the guest policy is two or spouse and dependent children. Has that latter part been removed?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by st530
And thus may have disappeared my last remaining reason to keep the MileagePlus Club card.
I was already going to cancel - IAH has centurion and that is the hub I try and get 98% of the time domestically - Int'l I'll have Polaris access and if I downgrade my card to the explorer - PP lounges are popping up everywhere too

If I drop back to 1K, I'll still have 4 trips a year to get in between mine and my wife's explorer vouchers
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, QR Platinum, IHG AMB; Marriott Platinum
This just in from United:

We invited you to be a United Global Services member because we deeply value and appreciate your loyalty to United Airlines. In the midst of these challenging times, we don’t take that loyalty for granted.

We've taken some time to think about the Global Services® program and how to make it more rewarding for you, one of our most valued members. Now that we're in the middle of summer, it's clear that basing your 2021 Global Services program invitation off of your travel activity this year wouldn't fairly reward your loyalty to United. For this reason, we're pleased to offer you some certainty during these uncertain times by extending your Global Services status to January 31, 2022.

We've also taken time to review the benefits of our invitation-only program and are pleased to announce a brand-new level of comfort that will make your time at the airport even better. Starting in January 2021, we'll welcome Global Services members traveling on domestic flights to United Club
locations throughout our network. Global Services members already have United Club access when flying internationally on United or a Star Alliance™ member airline, so this new benefit means you can enjoy any of our United Club locations when traveling on United flights.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:36 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by mbaSTL
This just in from United:

We invited you to be a United Global Services member because we deeply value and appreciate your loyalty to United Airlines. In the midst of these challenging times, we don’t take that loyalty for granted.

We've taken some time to think about the Global Services® program and how to make it more rewarding for you, one of our most valued members. Now that we're in the middle of summer, it's clear that basing your 2021 Global Services program invitation off of your travel activity this year wouldn't fairly reward your loyalty to United. For this reason, we're pleased to offer you some certainty during these uncertain times by extending your Global Services status to January 31, 2022.

We've also taken time to review the benefits of our invitation-only program and are pleased to announce a brand-new level of comfort that will make your time at the airport even better. Starting in January 2021, we'll welcome Global Services members traveling on domestic flights to United Club
locations throughout our network. Global Services members already have United Club access when flying internationally on United or a Star Alliance™ member airline, so this new benefit means you can enjoy any of our United Club locations when traveling on United flights.
These are both overdue. Extending the GS status was inevitable in my mind, the United Club access on domestic flights has been long over due. Some of us older folks were given lifetime Red Carpet Club benefits years ago when we crossed 2MM, to me it has always been a no-brainer to provide this basic perk to all GS members.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, QR Platinum, IHG AMB; Marriott Platinum
Sorry - should have added the additional info about guests:Domestic itineraries on a United-operated flight: No guests

International itineraries on a United- or Star Alliance partner-operated flight:1 guest

Paid United Club members or United Club Cardmembers on any United- or Star Alliance partner-operated flight: 2 guests
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:31 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
For folks with a paid or Club card based membership, the guest policy is two or spouse and dependent children. Has that latter part been removed?
Hi uastarflyer – Good question! You're correct, that’s still the policy. Instead of 2 guests, paid memberships and United Club cardmembers can bring a spouse and dependent children. We saved the full details of the guest policy for the website.
uastarflyer likes this.

Last edited by UA Insider; Aug 6, 2020 at 4:23 pm
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA-GS 3MM, AA-gold, Amtrak Select +, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors gold
This is such heartening news in times when travel, and the industry seems bleak! Thank you immensely..I’ve earned GS on my own dime through personal travel, and the assistance (As recently as last night when PHL-DEN delayed almost 4 hours-GS called me from Denver to see what I wanted to do!) proves invaluable. Kudos to the entire UA team for this move, and for UA Insider keeping us posted!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime PassPlus, 1K, 2MM, LT United Club, HH Diamond
Question: so, do we need an email from GS to be confirmed that GS is extended through January, 2022, or is it blanket?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
But to bring this back on topic, I’m glad for all of my GS friends that UA finally decided to do the right thing. The UC access is also a nice touch. Better late than never. See you at the UC!
SPN Lifer and uastarflyer like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 6, 2020 at 7:44 pm Reason: removed response to deleted post
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyformiles
Question: so, do we need an email from GS to be confirmed that GS is extended through January, 2022, or is it blanket?
People are seeing this confirmed via the online mystatus.united.com or in the UA app. No action is needed. Note it may just be "earned status" GS.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
There's not a lot of good news out there these days so this was a nice boost. Thanks, UNITED.

Now I just have to get back up in the air.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by flyformiles

myststua.united.com

I got the email, but if you have emails turned off it should show on that page
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Lifetime Platnium Premier, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Would “earned” status include Passplus customers that received a GS nomination for large corporate deposits with United?

I haven’t gotten an email extending mine 😬

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.