FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   "United for Business" conference call on July 23 (invitation only) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2022116-united-business-conference-call-july-23-invitation-only.html)

dkc715 Jul 22, 2020 4:13 pm

"United for Business" conference call on July 23 (invitation only)

Another United for Business call on July 23 at 10:30 CT. Given that these calls can cover a lot of ground, I thought this thread could be useful to post the salient points. I believe the calls are "invitation only", but I don't see anything that says the content is confidential. The following speakers are scheduled to be on the call:
  • Patrick Quayle - VP International Network and Alliances
  • Jake Cefolia - SVP Worldwide Sales
  • Mike Erbeck - VP Newark Hub
  • Dr. James Merlino - Chief Clinical Transformation Officer at Cleveland Clinic

MatthewLAX Jul 22, 2020 4:28 pm

Dial in number?

dkc715 Jul 22, 2020 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 32551536)
Dial in number?

Meeting is hosted through Microsoft Teams and there is no dial in number. Invitation only. But with at least 100+ participants I am sure you will read the key points on FT.

dkc192 Jul 23, 2020 10:51 am

Following up: did anyone manage to attend this call, and if so would you care to post any major points or outcomes? Would be much appreciated by all.

Sykes Jul 23, 2020 10:55 am

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 32553332)
Following up: did anyone manage to attend this call, and if so would you care to post any major points or outcomes? Would be much appreciated by all.

I attended. There wasn't a ton I found especially interesting. The only thing that caught my attention is that United will be totally eliminating mask exemptions similar to Southwest and American. They basically said that if you have a condition that precludes wearing a mask then you shouldn't be on an airplane at this time in the first place.

dkc715 Jul 23, 2020 11:03 am

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 32553332)

On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being informative this call wouldn't register with a positive number. Way too much time spent on masks, TSA procedures, and cleaning. Maybe if you haven't read a thing about flying in recent months or United's approach to cleaning this would have been helpful. For me, it was an hour out of my life I can't get back. They completely avoided good questions while spending too much time on masks!

If I was searching for highlights, I would say that it was disclosed by the Doctor that the Cleveland Clinic and United have no formal financial relationship, and that there has yet to be a single CDC-confirmed case of transmission of Covid-19 on a plane. I guess the key words are "CDC-confirmed".

This call was not worth a dedicated thread. My bad!

jhayes_1780 Jul 23, 2020 11:34 am

Originally Posted by dkc715 (Post 32553366)

Who knew. I do appreciate the effort.

entropy Jul 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by dkc715 (Post 32553366)

We had an enormous, audacious and unmitigated thread about far more "hot air" than this!