Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hnl ord hnl

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Hnl ord hnl

At almost eight and nine hour segments what is the service in First during COVID? Is it only the snack box? More than one? Just trying to plan! It’s a 787- so I know there are flat bed seats but not sure of good service.

thanks in advance
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Since the flight does not currently operate, noone can provide a response based on experience. I wouldn't count on that flight actually existing for a while even though it's currently bookable in August. Passengers currently with tickets (and still actually want to go) are likely to be re-booked thought SFO or LAX. The lack of readily available COVID testing with quick result turnaround means Hawaii is keeping 14-day quarantine in effect for mainland arrivals though at least September 1. There won't be enough people who will sit in a room for 14 days to justify the ORD-HNL flight.
LAXOGG likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Are you prepared to quarantine for 14 days in Hawaii?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Since the flight does not currently operate, noone can provide a response based on experience.
It is actually scheduled for tomorrow, July 16th - hasn't been cancelled yet. The mostly empty plane would have to have a lot of cargo to justify the flight.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ordflyboy
At almost eight and nine hour segments what is the service in First during COVID? Is it only the snack box? More than one? Just trying to plan! It’s a 787- so I know there are flat bed seats but not sure of good service. ....
While understanding the desire to plan, there are too many uncertainties these days to plan weeks / months in advance. Things are changing frequently. Checking closer to flight time (that week will be necessary)

For food service, this will be standard domestic F service as it was pre-COVID. But post-COVID, presently "For flights over 2 hours and 20 minutes, you will receive your choice of pretzels, a stroopwafel or cookies in United Economy®. In the premium cabin, you’ll be offered a snackbox."

You can follow the in-flight service discussion in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...e-changes.html

As to if the flight operates at all and what you may have to do on arrival, that is being discussed in
Impacts of UA's reduced schedule on Hawaiian travelers (CARES exemption granted)
COVID-19 - 14-Day Trans-Pac Arrivals Quarantine [COVID TEST EXEMPTIONS DELAYED]

Given there are existing threads on each of these subject, will close this thread and refer all to the existing threads

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.