Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

COVID19 - Concessions open at UA Hub Airports?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19 - Concessions open at UA Hub Airports?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Currently at HNL for 9:30am SFO flight. Not only is TSA closed at UA check in - you hike all the way to WN TSA which was at least largely empty and provided pre check.

What struck me is from that point all the way to the UA gates is not a single concession open except 2 newsstands (which advertises sandwiches but had none). The 2-3 Starbucks were closed. The 2 Burger Kings closed. Nothing.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Now at SFO. Plenty of food/alcohol options. Airport somewhat busy.

Kind of surprised so many of the food places closed by Rotunda club considering the traffic.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer

Kind of surprised so many of the food places closed by Rotunda club considering the traffic.
Was at EWR on 10/21 -- duty free / Starbucks was closed but all of the other restaurants / food courts are now open with certain seating closed / roped off to promote proper social distancing. Airport was not very busy at all and concessions were mostly empty...
Old Oct 23, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I fly through DEN regularly and am noticing in Terminal B that some of the restaurant vendors that had closed have no reopened. A positive sign!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
For LAX, for those who are traveling on a red-eye to EWR, IAH & ORD; be aware that after 6 pm ( 18:00 ) there is no other concession open at Terminal 7 & 8, other than Hudson's & Pier No 7 ( store operated by Hudson's )
After 6 pm ( 18:00 ), at LAX, to eat hot food or to have booze, you would need to walk to TBIT.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S

Giants Clubhouse in SFO is now open as well for full-service sit-down dining -- for those w/ a non-AMEX Priority Pass.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 3:17 pm

The new AA/WN terminal at SFO was dead at 1PM last Tuesday...no one waiting at all in the AA section when I deplaned. A few people waiting at WN gates. Most of the concessions were closed but a couple food locations were open. The following day I flew out on UA and quite a few of the businesses were closed.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
It is pumpkin time in gringolandia. This is one of my favorite times normally.

Buuut..... Caribou Coffee B term DEN was supposed to close at 7pm but the gates were locked at 655 yesterday just as I arrived...this was worse for me because already on this trip the Caribou at MSP E ran out of pumpkin latte before Saturday noon and ella he me dice que... lo siento no hay nada senora

However muchachos! The Vikes are so bad and the crowds are banned so that one Caribou near US Bank stadium still had some lol!
Old Oct 28, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by swgsword
Giants Clubhouse in SFO is now open as well for full-service sit-down dining -- for those w/ a non-AMEX Priority Pass.
anyone know when Yankee is reopening?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 6:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
anyone know when Yankee is reopening?
Don't have an answer, but FWIW it was still closed when I went through SFO at lunchtime today. (My gate was right next to Giants Clubhouse anyway)
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Southwest Companion, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive
The most notable reopening at ORD in November was Garrett's T1 B7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.