Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

COVID19 - Concessions open at UA Hub Airports?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19 - Concessions open at UA Hub Airports?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Life(?) is very slowly returning to the terminals and it's just as surly and impersonal as it was before. One up side is if you're GS or 1K upgrades are pretty much guarantied.
True, are restaurants/fast food places opening finally? The few TRs I've seen lately all show pretty much nowhere to grab a bite in airports, which would make a layover not very fun.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by UAL250
True, are restaurants/fast food places opening finally? The few TRs I've seen lately all show pretty much nowhere to grab a bite in airports, which would make a layover not very fun.
There are options, just not as many as normal.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by UAL250
EWR sucks. LAX was a close second followed by ORD. IAH, DEN, SFO were better. UA lounges rate in the same order. In my own opinion.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:06 am
Suspended

Flew our of Newark yesterday and all OTG concessions and most restaurants had signs up that they were "open" - but no one was there...

We used the pads to order some drinks and a bartender appeared to pour them and then we went to the gate with our wine in plastic cups. FYI each glass of wine cost over $20 - welcome to COVID pricing. Dunkin Donutts and Wendy's were back open -- normal pricing... This was mid-day.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
B6 club in ORD was packed (>90% of seats occupied) when I passed through this afternoon and the line was within one person of being doubled back on itself and out the door.

Hopefully that bodes well of C or E/F reopening sooner rather than later.
Ugh. I have a 4+ hour layover in ORD coming up (on Friday morning). Any recommendations for alternatives to the (still) one and only open lounge? I've never really checked out the rest of the airport or environs ....
Old Oct 10, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eng3
Who are the people that are packing the lounges? People with memberships? OTP holders? People on Intl J? If it's the later, I hope it is a sign of the PL coming back soon but I suspect that isnt the case.
It looks like Tortas Frontera is still closed. You're screwed.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 1:52 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lindaiah
Ugh. I have a 4+ hour layover in ORD coming up (on Friday morning). Any recommendations for alternatives to the (still) one and only open lounge? I've never really checked out the rest of the airport or environs ....
Not a whole lot that’s open right now... might just be best to find an empty gate area to chill out at
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
It looks like Tortas Frontera is still closed. You're screwed.
Unless it’s decided to close just in the last few days, Tortas was open my last 5 trips from ORD (July-Sep).
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Unless it’s decided to close just in the last few days, Tortas was open my last 5 trips from ORD (July-Sep).
YAY!!! This is great news! I checked the O'hare airport website before I posted and it said it was closed. Glad to hear it is open.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
YAY!!! This is great news! I checked the O'hare airport website before I posted and it said it was closed. Glad to hear it is open.
Check the Tortas website - it will give you the hours. Shortened now, but not terribly.

https://dev.rickbayless.com/restaura...rtas-frontera/

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 11, 2020 at 9:35 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Check the Tortas website - it will give you the hours. Shortened now, but not terribly.

https://dev.rickbayless.com/restaura...rtas-frontera/
OMG I would love a torta & spicy mezcal bloody mary right now!!!
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Went through on Labor Day weekend and it was closed both on the 5th (11:00am) and the 7th (4:00 pm) I too was craving a sorta
Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:08 am
Suspended

How's the selection at IAD?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
How's the selection at IAD?
You may want to check the official website of IAD airport.

Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You may want to check the official website of IAD airport.
For proper sit down - it looks like Bistro Atelier or the American Tap Room? Any rec between the two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.