Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

COVID19 - Concessions open at UA Hub Airports?

COVID19 - Concessions open at UA Hub Airports?

Old Jul 16, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
DEN was the closest to normal of any of the hubs I've been through. and it was half closed.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tvhead
Would be very curious to know if the Pappadeaux at IAH is open. One of the best airside dining experiences in world, IMHO. Hyperbole? Judge not unless you have tried it.
99% sure it is not open. It closed late March or early April.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried to pick up a copy of the WSJ at EWR last week. Could not find any shop selling it or any other newspaper at all !?!
Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:17 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Tried to pick up a copy of the WSJ at EWR last week. Could not find any shop selling it or any other newspaper at all !?!
What's a newspaper?!?!?!!?

Again, no indication what October would look like, but I flew out of EWR earlier this week (first time flying since March). There was not much open. CIBO Express was open for grab-and-go, but even for a NYC airport, I thought $14.99 for a pre-made, pre-wrapped sandwich (vegetarian nonetheless) was excessive. Most places were gated (closed) and I was flying near dinner time. You could order from the tablets at the gates--I saw someone scrolling through near by, but didn't look myself as to what all was available.

United Club just opened at EWR this week. All pre-packaged snacks--hummus and pretzel chips, individually-wrapped Twizzlers and one of those 'healthy' popcorn chip triangle thingies.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
After entering, transiting or exiting EWR - IAH - IAD - ORD - DEN - SFO - LAX in the last six weeks. EWR has the least amenities open and the UC is open for or information only and unless I've totally lost my memory all the other hubs had at least one UC that was functional..

EWR was bad for breakfast only a few places open on C1. Miss the McDonalds. Anyone checked out A terminal. Are more options available there.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
At least several bars were serving "to go" cocktails at EWR last Monday. Several restaurants in the food court area were open, and ordering at gates by tablet was available. ORD had a few places. I also flew through Buffalo, and they had one restaurant/bar open only.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 10:18 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Does anyone know what the SFO UC is offering at breakfast time. Anything ..?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
At least several bars were serving "to go" cocktails at EWR last Monday. Several restaurants in the food court area were open, and ordering at gates by tablet was available. ORD had a few places. I also flew through Buffalo, and they had one restaurant/bar open only.
That's great to hear. There were many places saying 'We are open!' when I was at EWR. but at least in the morning (7:30 AM), the only place I saw open was Poppy's Bagels and the CIBO convenience markets. Late-night arrivals - nothing is open; at 10 PM, the only departure on the whole flight board was LX's EWR-ZRH flight.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
The Farmer's Fridge concession machines are all open at O'Hare!

Highly recommend for preflight and onboard dining.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
To spare you all the clicks, here's an executive summary:

• ORD: No Tortas Frontera
• EWR: Ignore this page, because it lists places that might be open but in reality (see: Classified) are not
• DEN: No New Belgium Hub (but overall seems not terrible)
• SFO: At least Klein's Deli is open in both T3E and T3F
• IAH: Pappadeaux remains closed, but I see enough local places. It's cute that this page lists vending machines, and by "cute" I mean "dispiriting"
• IAD: No Chef Geoff's, no Vino Volo, but you do have &Pizza and Bistro Atelier
UAPremierGuy likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by DCA writer
To spare you all the clicks, here's an executive summary:

• ORD: No Tortas Frontera
• EWR: Ignore this page, because it lists places that might be open but in reality (see: Classified) are not
• DEN: No New Belgium Hub (but overall seems not terrible)
• SFO: At least Klein's Deli is open in both T3E and T3F
• IAH: Pappadeaux remains closed, but I see enough local places. It's cute that this page lists vending machines, and by "cute" I mean "dispiriting"
• IAD: No Chef Geoff's, no Vino Volo, but you do have &Pizza and Bistro Atelier
I would specifically connect thru ORD to stop at Tortas Frontera...
Old Jul 19, 2020, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
What's a newspaper?!?!?!!?
I know! I for one still enjoy reading a real newspaper, having to look at a screen all day long for many other tasks; reading a paper or magazine is my preferred pastime while riding a plane.

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
EWR was bad for breakfast only a few places open on C1. Miss the McDonalds. Anyone checked out A terminal. Are more options available there.
Dunkin Doughnuts - around gate C110 IIRC - had quite a few customers, incl. airport workers the other day.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: UA1K
the IAH website is misleading. a lot of restaurants that claim they are open are not. i was there yesterday from 6 - 7:50pm. talk about scaled down. the bar by E14 was open and ember was open. socially distancing at the ipad stations is nice.

non-UA related, i flew through PHX on thursday. the emptiest hub i have seen outside IAD during the pandemic. it really is sad, and eery.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
the IAH website is misleading. a lot of restaurants that claim they are open are not. i was there yesterday from 6 - 7:50pm.
Not doubting you, but looking for clarity....

It shows 18 of the 24 "E" places on the list should have been open when you were there. Like how many of the 18 were closed? and did they look "mothballed (like the ones listed as "[TEMPORARLY CLOSED]" on the list), or did they look like people just cut out early?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA1K
panda express and pick up stix were both closed. as is yume. brewster was also closed.
jhayes_1780 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.