Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bonus Miles July & August 2020 [Targeted and varied, as to amount of bonus]

Old Jul 10, 20, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta/United Gold

https://promotions.united.com/offers...lyyourmemories

Terms and conditions:
  1. Only original offer recipients can register for and participate in this promotion.
  2. Member must register for this promotion on or prior to August 31, 2020. Only Trips (defined below) booked after registration and completed on or prior to August 31, 2020, will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.
  3. For Qualifying Trips (defined below), promotional bonus award miles will be credited at 3 times the fare.*
  4. "Trip" is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number.
  5. "Qualifying Trip" requirements:
    • Trip booking must be made after registration.
    • All flight activity for applicable Trip must be completed on or prior to August 31, 2020.
  6. *For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward promotional bonuses. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards this promotion. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico.
  7. Registered members can earn a maximum of 50,000 bonus award miles in accordance with this promotion and these terms and conditions.
  8. Offer is not valid on government fares.
  9. Flights on award travel tickets do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
  10. E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  11. Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier® status or Million Miler status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
  12. Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's United MileagePlus® account in order to qualify for this offer.
  13. Bonus award miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends.
  14. Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on August 31, 2020.
  15. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
  16. If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur after the promotional timeframe such that the offer requirements are no longer satisfied, applicable miles will be deducted from the MileagePlus member account.
  17. All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United® in its discretion and are considered final.
  18. Offer is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Old Jul 10, 20, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
3x wow ... so 33 miles per dollar for 1K and GS? Of course as always ... I am not targeted ...

or is it 3x5=15 +6 =21

or is it 5 + 3 + 6 =14

Confusing offer
Old Jul 10, 20, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

It allowed me to register via the link you provided in your post. It indicates I will receive 7X bonus points. (GS)
SUPERTRAVEL, wxguy and cfischer like this.
Old Jul 10, 20, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
It allowed me to register via the link you provided in your post. It indicates I will receive 7X bonus points. (GS)
now I feel cheated

strangely, my wife was eligible and I still have her account registered in Europe ... and that usually means she is not eligible for any offers.
Old Jul 10, 20, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
3x wow ... so 33 miles per dollar for 1K and GS? Of course as always ... I am not targeted ...

or is it 3x5=15 +6 =21

or is it 5 + 3 + 6 =14

Confusing offer
It would be the latter; promotional miles are awarded as X times the fare -- 3X, in this case.
Old Jul 10, 20, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta/United Gold
Removed previous post content. Seems multipliers vary based on targeted offer.

Mod, can you update thread title to remove 3x?

Last edited by Repooc17; Jul 10, 20 at 3:57 pm
Old Jul 10, 20, 3:52 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
I’m a 1k and I’m eligible to receive 7x miles in this promotion. So, 18x miles (11+7) on any trip between now and August 31, 2020.

This promotion is the first I’ve been eligible for in quite a while.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 20, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
Mine says 5x bonus miles.
Thanks OP and ilf!
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cesco.g View Post
Mine says 5x bonus miles.
Thanks OP and ilf!

I have alerted mod to update thread title, as bonus multipliers vary.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Bronze
7x, 1K
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I got 5x
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
7x

David
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I registered for this promo. In my case it indicates that I will get 7X bonus miles.
I presume that this means that I will get 7X instead of the 6X bonus miles I get as a 1K.

From the terms and conditions:
3. For Qualifying Trips (defined below), promotional bonus award miles will be credited at 7 times the fare.

The math looks like 5 base + 7 bonus = 12
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Old Gold View Post
I registered for this promo. In my case it indicates that I will get 7X bonus miles.
I presume that this means that I will get 7X instead of the 6X bonus miles I get as a 1K.

From the terms and conditions:
3. For Qualifying Trips (defined below), promotional bonus award miles will be credited at 7 times the fare.

The math looks like 5 base + 7 bonus = 12
Should be 18x - 11x as 1K member + (targeted) 7x from this offer
Old Jul 10, 20, 4:36 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
7x as a MM *G.

Terms seem clear:

“With this offer, you can earn bonus miles equal to 7x the fare on qualifying flights*, up to 50,000 miles. That's on top of the miles you already earn as a MileagePlus® member. Plus, there are no change fees when you book with us through July 31, 2020.”

Search this Thread
Search Engine: