Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bonus Miles July & August 2020 [Targeted and varied, as to amount of bonus]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus Miles July & August 2020 [Targeted and varied, as to amount of bonus]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:39 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
The variable may include your YTD UA travels. I have no UA flight activity YTD and am 2MM. I received a 7x offer.

[With Mod hat on]: I edited the thread title to reflect that the bonus offer varies.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
not eligible. 1K who almost requalified by March 12th...cancelled 15 flights post March 12th. i have no flights reserved. interesting i don't qualify. grounded at work until 2021 at least
dkmatter likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I got 7X (MP no status), husband (also no status) no offer. No plan to travel.
Dublin_rfk likes this.

Last edited by fwfdan; Jul 10, 2020 at 5:10 pm
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Platinum here. Offered 7x bonus.

I have two flights scheduled (domestic at end of July and LHR in dec) and recently flew first post Covid last week (albeit with miles)
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA MM
Son, no status, 7x. Me, MMer, no offer.

But I won't be flying in any case. The US is totally screwed.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
https://promotions.united.com/offers...lyyourmemories

10. E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
As an aside, there appears to be only _one_ such office left:

David
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I, a 2MM flyer who is 1K, couldn't register. My 1MM 1K flyer wife gt 7x. We both flew last week...
Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
So if I already booked before registering, do I now cancel for ETC and book again?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
1K MM offer for 5X. I have no flights booked until Thanksgiving Day to Germany for Christmas Markets. This promotion does nothing for me since I won't be flying for a while.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
This silver got 5x. Only flying this year was 1 r/t award to YYZ in Jan (plus two cancelled trips in mid and late March - to SAT and PUJ).

of course, saw this offer last night, having booked last week what’ll likely be our only trip this year (unless things improve bigly) in a couple of weeks as part of a move. I was thinking about potentially rebooking, but its just past the 14 day cutoff we had to buy the tickets for reimbursement purposes.

It’ll be interesting to see what my wife (also silver) and 5to daughter (no status) Get with no travel this year so far. Also curious to see what the 2yo gets, she has never traveled on her account as she’s only done the lap infant thing.

No matter what, we’re not traveling for any promo - it’s only based on need right now, which is the only reason we’re taking the current trip.

one part of me understands the business rationale for this, trying to spur extra revenue with the bad all around situation the carriers have. The bigger part of me hates that the airlines are trying to fill their planes with promos at a time like this, because from a public health perspective, it’s not going to help things improve in the country right now.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
1K, just passed the reduced qualifications for 2020. Qualified for 7X. Unfortunately all my travel has been booked thru end of September. Only hope of getting the Bonus miles is reticketing via SDC.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
5x MM *G
no plans to travel
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
So if I already booked before registering, do I now cancel for ETC and book again?
Yes, that would work. You don't lose anything if the cost of the trip has not increased.

Also (in the past for these types of promotions) a ticket bought prior to registering has become eligible if your ticket has been reissued by IRROP's &/or a simple SDC.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Me + wife (1K) + infant (no status) all not eligible. Always fun playing the UA lottery, aka Calvinball / Tech For Dummies.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:42 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
7x UA Silver flew 4 RTs prior to March.

Got the email on board my first UA flight since March today.

Typically never get any promos like Mile Play etc.

Too bad I booked a ticket 72 hours ago for this trip...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.