Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

When will UA post Aug 2020 flight schedule adjustments? {01 July 2020}

Old Jun 23, 20, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold

Since intl July cuts were loaded the last weekend of May, perhaps we can expect August readjustments this Friday?
Old Jun 23, 20, 8:55 am
Suspended

Any thoughts on when August international schedules will be finalized?
Old Jun 23, 20, 9:18 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
As mentioned July 2020 international schedule adjustments were posted the last weekend in May (31 May) and the domestic adjustments the first weekend in June (7 June). The "last weekend" has been a fairly regular UA pattern in recent months, but nothing is standard about these times.
Old Jun 23, 20, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
Originally Posted by TN07NC10 View Post
Jut a word of caution that having flights listed in the flight schedule does not mean you can get on the flight. Check travel and entry restrictions of the destination country before you check the flight schedule.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 20, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
Jut a word of caution that having flights listed in the flight schedule does not mean you can get on the flight. Check travel and entry restrictions of the destination country before you check the flight schedule.
I m (and I m sure others are) more waiting for flights to be removed out of the schedule so I can get a refund 😎
UA_Flyer and Air Houston like this.
Old Jun 24, 20, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by TN07NC10 View Post
01 September? Until then, anything can happen on any given day.
Old Jun 26, 20, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know when United updates its schedules for booking? I seem to recall it was Saturdays, but can't seem to find a reference to that when I do a search.

I have a flight booked on a Monday in late August, SFO-PVG (one that was re-booked from June). I was able to rebook and choose my date because my original flight was cancelled. I'm assuming that, similarly, I can't just change to a Wednesday or Saturday flight at the moment until my current flight is officially cancelled, and right now it's still showing confirmed. Also, the flights even on Wednesdays and Saturdays that I see in the schedule for September show operating with 789, when it appears they should be operating with 77W, so it looks like the schedule hasn't been updated yet.
Old Jun 26, 20, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flaii View Post
Does anyone know when United updates its schedules for booking? I seem to recall it was Saturdays, .....
Friday evening / Saturday morning Chicago time -- with straggling issues taking a bit longer

However, major schedule changes are generally just once a month and the last major international schedule change was 6 June. So there may be some changes this weekend but others may come later. With next weekend a major USA holiday, that might change the update dates -- we should know more in 12-24 hours.

Change fees are presently waived until 30 June (which may or may not be extended this weekend) for flights anytime in 2020.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 26, 20 at 6:56 pm Reason: anytime in 2020.
Old Jun 27, 20, 7:51 am

I think August has been updated as ORD-AMS has been removed but picks up in September.
Old Jun 27, 20, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
interestingly, no changes for me in August (yet).
Old Jun 27, 20, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
interestingly, no changes for me in August (yet).
China flights are all dailies in August, therefore my expert conclusion is: August hasnt been fixed yet.
Old Jun 27, 20, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sofar, numerous EU flights, EWR-ZRH, SFO-ZRH, SFO-FRA 2x among others, still showing for mid-August.
It looks like TATL adjustments/trimming for August still to come.
Old Jun 28, 20, 7:32 am

Minimal changes for UA this weekend. AS and B6 did their August schedule updates this weekend. AA and UA still have yet to update very much for August. DL loaded a number of September reductions and some additional August tweaking, but I'm not convinced they are done with September quite yet (they already loaded August a few weeks ago).

https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1448299
Old Jul 1, 20, 10:12 am

Mid week announcement -
United Airlines Adds Nearly 25,000 Flights in August

more details in COVID19 UA-Schedule - 40% of Aug 2019;Waiver-No fee cancel/change for 2020 til 31July
JimInOhio likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: