Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Impact on UA?, JetBlue Will Add 30 New Routes, Launch Mint® at Newark

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impact on UA?, JetBlue Will Add 30 New Routes, Launch Mint® at Newark

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
We may be talking semantics. But B6 slashed the majority of those new flights within a month or so of announcing -- much more than a trim. The data is clear in the OAG changes provided by enilria on https://www.airliners.net. But those are topics for the B6 forum.

The point of mentioning here is B6 is throwing a lot up on the wall and trying to see what sticks -- so these recent announcements are to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Likely to be a lot of re-adjustment (trimming if you prefer) in the coming months.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the reduction they are making to EWR new routes aren't that different in magnitude than what they are doing on older routes out of JFK/EWR/BOS. For example, EWR-BOS got cut completely for October due to lack of demand. That's clearly a well established route that they will restore when demand comes back. I fully expect all of these new routes to operate in some capacity once pandemic is over.

If UA thinks B6 will someone give up on these new routes, it will be making a huge mistake. UA will be facing a real competitor that has a legitimate network out of EWR (especially if you include the AA flights out of EWR also).
Old Sep 12, 2020, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by tphuang

If UA thinks B6 will someone give up on these new routes, it will be making a huge mistake. UA will be facing a real competitor that has a legitimate network out of EWR (especially if you include the AA flights out of EWR also).
Very likely to be the case and B6 has historically enjoyed sticking it to UA.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I am not sure if anyone reported before but it's interesting to see that JetBlue is now having x5 daily EWR-LAX vv services while United has x4 daily services ( speaking about October 2020 ).
However, for EWR-SFO JetBlue would only have x1 daily service ( up from x4-5 weekly in September ) and United having x4 daily.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I am not sure if anyone reported before but it's interesting to see that JetBlue is now having x5 daily EWR-LAX vv services while United has x4 daily services ( speaking about October 2020 ).
However, for EWR-SFO JetBlue would only have x1 daily service ( up from x4-5 weekly in September ) and United having x4 daily.
UA is definitely the low cost leader in the premium t-con market right now, from both SFO and LAX.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA is definitely the low cost leader in the premium t-con market right now, from both SFO and LAX.
yeah, I booked BOS-SFO-SEA r/t for Memorial Day next year and paid $750. There are some really low tcon fares right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.