Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Terminal check-in changes during COVID times - Where to check-in? Pre-Check?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Terminal check-in changes during COVID times - Where to check-in? Pre-Check?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 1:48 pm

The upper level Premier is all premiers in one area near door 1.

Checking in this morning theres a 1K Polaris flag next to the Premier flag but no separate area.

Agent at ropes tells people which kiosk line to stand 6 ft apart - it was busy and about a third of the kiosks were kept off presumably to keep the bag agents from playing Frogger.

I saw a 1K/Polaris desk in the middle of the pen and there was an agent but didn’t ask or try it as the agent was with someone checking in a half dozen bags.

The old non 1K premier area further down was also open but not sure what it was didn’t see a sign but didn’t walk close enough to tell.

The arbitrary 6ft spacing behavior is worth a chuckle - people follow it in that checkin area and the Clear line but reg precheck line is stacked tight out to Airtrain (only one ID agent besides the Clear TSA agent) and of course at boarding it’s forgotten.

That Clear TSA agent spent most of her time doing manual Clear checks because the machines were inconsistent. Still saves time skipping the pre line but the machines even when working take longer than just showing your ID to an agent.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 4:25 pm
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
EWR Priority Check in?

Hi everyone,

This is my second trip since the pandemic. During my first trip, in July, the third floor at EWR Terminal C was closed and everyone was required to check in on the second floor. In addition, there was no separate priority check in desk.

I would like to ask those of you who recently flew out of EWR if the priority check in desk on the third floor of Terminal C has re-opened.

Thank you!
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I was there last week, and it was open.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Dedicated Polaris/1K area was open last Thursday...
Old Nov 20, 2020, 6:41 pm
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
Thank you both very much. This is a domestic trip in domestic F class: EWR-IAH. Thus, not eligible for Polaris and I am not 1K. I just wanted to know if the third floor was open for "regular" first class check in. It seems it is. Thanks again!
Old Nov 20, 2020, 6:46 pm

Haven’t been since the pandemic. I’m assuming the physical set-up is the same, but can you do counter check in like you could downstairs during the pandemic? Or are they back to pushing you to the kiosk?
Old Nov 21, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by txp
Hi everyone,
upper level
This is my second trip since the pandemic. During my first trip, in July, the third floor at EWR Terminal C was closed and everyone was required to check in on the second floor. In addition, there was no separate priority check in desk.

I would like to ask those of you who recently flew out of EWR if the priority check in desk on the third floor of Terminal C has re-opened.

Thank you!
I was through on Tuesday and it was open. BUT please note that EWR has closed down the upper level twice that I know of in the last two months. Due to staffing levels or some such. No signs until you reach the upper level and then was just use the primary check in on the middle level.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

EWR priority checkin

Sorry for the basic question. But is there a 1K or priority checkin counter open at Newark these days? Last time I went, which was some time ago, the 3rd floor was closed and there was no priority checkin or bag drop off area that I could find. But I expect and hope the situation has changed with air travel up. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 31, 2020 at 1:29 pm Reason: Moved to EWR thread
Old Dec 31, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
There's a recent thread on this topic, but I can't find it.
Last time I was there (now 5-6 weeks ago) the 3rd floor 1K/Polaris & Premier check-in locations were open.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 31, 2020 at 1:29 pm Reason: clean up after move; thanks for the link
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by narvik
There's a recent thread on this topic, but I can't find it.
Last time I was there (now 5-6 weeks ago) the 3rd floor 1K/Polaris & Premier check-in locations were open.
Thanks! Will report back tomorrow.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roka
Thanks! Will report back tomorrow.
3rd floor priority checkin was open. 1K area and GS lounge both open.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Global Service lobby open at EWR?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by manstein58
Global Service lobby open at EWR?
yes
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Is Premier access (level 3) closed again at EWR?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../maps/ewr.html
Old Jun 22, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Is Premier access (level 3) closed again at EWR?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../maps/ewr.html
I was there on Sunday afternoon and it was fully open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.