Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Terminal check-in changes during COVID times - Where to check-in? Pre-Check?

EWR Terminal check-in changes during COVID times - Where to check-in? Pre-Check?

Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I fly out of EWR C on Sunday morning. Mobile boarding pass / no checked bag.

Only security area open appeared to be C70-C99 security? No precheck, no premier access, everyone in one line (it was a short line). Clear staff were present (I don't have Clear).
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mike2003242
Clear was there today
And on Tuesday. They switched to Iris instead of fingerprint understandably. TSA PRE is the card you get at small airports so you still have to take out laptop + liquids but magnetometer vs full body scan
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
And on Tuesday. They switched to Iris instead of fingerprint understandably. TSA PRE is the card you get at small airports so you still have to take out laptop + liquids but magnetometer vs full body scan
They gave me Iris 3 weeks ago...kinda pointless as I had already slapped my fingers down as I am sure others had :-(
Old Jun 27, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Precheck at EWR

It’s now late June 2020. Is there a dedicated Precheck lane being offered at EWR at the United terminal?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 9:29 pm

no but it will take you about 4 minutes to go through regular security
Cpm013 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Flying out of EWR for the first time since Jan this Sat (7/4) to TPA- 8am flight. As I’m doing only small carry on, how has it been getting through security? Since nothing really opened in terminal, I didn’t want to get there too early. If I’m at airport by 7-7:15am, should I be ok??
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
EWR PreCheck was open on Monday, 6/29. No line whatsoever at ~4 PM, but it is quite a hike from the check in-areas.

All check in is on level 2. Unfortunately, I went up to level 3 only to find a sign at the top of the escalator telling me to go back down 2 levels to level 2. Maybe there was a sign that I missed.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:43 pm

Saw this tweet.

Looks like they repurposed some desks by the old Additional Services desks, as temporary Premier Access desks.

Personally, I far prefer this traditional desk check-in set-up, over kiosks and roaming agents on Level 3, but long term the plan is to obviously go back upstairs. Hopefully that happens soon enough, if traffic rebounds a little more.

Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post permier access security ewr

where is the permier access security lane at ewr airport
Old Aug 14, 2020, 8:27 am

There is a 1K / Polaris checkin desk again - it's nearest the escalator up to the Clear / Precheck security checkpiont next to the Airtrain.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
There is a 1K / Polaris checkin desk again - it's nearest the escalator up to the Clear / Precheck security checkpiont next to the Airtrain.
On Level 3 (normal space) or down on 2?

Is it a staffed counter, or kiosk/self?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by NikoLGA
On Level 3 (normal space) or down on 2?

Is it a staffed counter, or kiosk/self?
Level 2 - didn't look just saw the banner pole - was dropped off mid lobby and used a regular kiosk - but should have a counter
Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:42 am

Looks like Level 3 Premier & Global Reception have reopened!

cerealmarketer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
"They" wanted me to try and attach my own bag tags. The cheek of it. GS don't understand such manual labor type of tasks. I had to sit down and call my therapist.
And why exactly is UA making you tag your own bags? I just moved back to LAX and at AUS the DL agent tagged all 3 comped *Huge* checked bags in F (upgraded) - and a 4th bag that I was going to carry onboard but comped it as a “Going Away Present.” Completely unnecessary but that’s why I stay loyal to DL.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 16, 2020 at 3:48 pm Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Global Service is up and going!!! Smooth and painless as ever!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.