FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Post 4th of July United schedule (some updates are in progress) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2018510-post-4th-july-united-schedule-some-updates-progress.html)

Iuguy16 May 27, 2020 11:42 am

Post 4th of July United schedule (some updates are in progress)

Starting July 6 it looks like United has their original July schedule before the pandemic. Obviously, they won’t be flying what’s available to purchase now but the big question is when will they update it? Any thoughts?

WineCountryUA May 27, 2020 11:49 am

For recent previous months, it has been the last weekend of the second prior month. Had been some hope for last weekend for the July update but that did not happen. Stong possibility it will be this coming weekend, the 30th May.

spartacusmcfly May 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 32407925)
For recent previous months, it has been the last weekend of the second prior month. Had been some hope for last weekend for the July update but that did not happen. Stong possibility it will be this coming weekend, the 30th May.

I'm hoping they add and not just delete during this weekend's update. Would love to EWR-KEF come back -- especially since they might be one of the few countries that let Americans in (without quarantining) this summer...

Iuguy16 May 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Is it usually done in just one load we are all of a sudden the entire schedule is done or is it done piecemeal?

WineCountryUA May 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Iuguy16 (Post 32411065)
Is it usually done in just one load we are all of a sudden the entire schedule is done or is it done piecemeal?

It usually starts very late Friday night (Chicago) and may take much of Saturday morning. In the past, there were weird things that took a bit longer to longer work but there seems to be less of that now.

jsloan May 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Iuguy16 (Post 32411065)

It takes a couple of hours, so somewhere in between, I guess?

DELee May 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 32411085)
It usually starts very late Friday night (Chicago) and may take much of Saturday morning. In the past, there were weird things that took a bit longer to longer work but there seems to be less of that now.

Originally Posted by jsloan (Post 32411087)
It takes a couple of hours, so somewhere in between, I guess?

"Whoops - bad JCL card...again"

David

jsloan May 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 32411354)
"Whoops - bad JCL card...again"

:D Something like that.

AirbusFan2B May 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly (Post 32408340)
I'm hoping they add and not just delete during this weekend's update. Would love to EWR-KEF come back -- especially since they might be one of the few countries that let Americans in (without quarantining) this summer...

ORD-AMS & ORD-BRU, please, UA! Well, and ORD-HNL*, ORD-OGG* and ORD-HKG too...

*Once quarantine lifts.

xliioper May 28, 2020 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 32407925)

This is incorrect for domestic schedule updates. DL and UA had been doing the bulk of their schedule loads over the second weekend of the prior month while AA had been doing them on the first weekend of the prior month. The June schedule cuts were done over weekend of May 2nd by AA, and over weekend of May 9th by UA/DL. It was the same pattern for the May schedule cuts. You can find these in the Sunday "OAG Changes" posts on airliners.net. DL appears to have decided to change things up and loaded their July domestic schedule updates over the last weekend. So AA/UA may decide to move earlier for the July changes as well.

HNLbasedFlyer May 28, 2020 6:36 pm

With Hawaii announcing the quarantine extension beyond June 30 - I now expect UA to wipe out the Hawaii flights this weekend for July

dkc192 May 29, 2020 2:06 am

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B (Post 32411499)
ORD-HKG too...

VERY wishful thinking on this one!

bakster21 May 29, 2020 10:01 am

I'm hoping some kind of schedule comes back for 7/1-7/6 between EWR-ORD, EWR-MKE, etc

alfrie May 29, 2020 11:57 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 32411085)

In recent months my rolling cancellations (SFO-Asia) came in at 5pm-ish PST. Four times already and expecting the 5th this evening.

cesco.g May 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by alfrie (Post 32413713)
In recent months my rolling cancellations (SFO-Asia) came in at 5pm-ish PST. Four times already and expecting the 5th this evening.

Would that be 5pm today/FR or tomorrow/SA?