Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post 4th of July United schedule (some updates are in progress)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post 4th of July United schedule (some updates are in progress)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Would that be 5pm today/FR or tomorrow/SA?
It would be today. UA updates on Friday evening.
Old May 29, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
My July 16 HND-ORD had a slight schedule and aircraft (772 to 787) change posted overnight (keep in mind that I'm in Tokyo and it's Saturday morning as I type this)
Old May 29, 2020, 5:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Changes for July are happening, my TATL in July has recently in the past hour or so posted significant schedule / aircraft changes.

Past experience suggests it will take a number of hours for all changes to post, so let's wait a bit to say "not yet" for individual cases.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 29, 2020 at 9:21 pm Reason: typo
Old May 29, 2020, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IAD-ZRH showing now, on a 789. No EWR-ZRH sofar..
At least this would mean resumption of service to Swtzerland.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
My July 16 HND-ORD had a slight schedule and aircraft (772 to 787) change posted overnight (keep in mind that I'm in Tokyo and it's Saturday morning as I type this)
Interesting--this change suggests that they are planning to operate the flight. 788, 789, or 781/78X?
Old May 29, 2020, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yep, some major changes loading for sure. Will be interesting to see what this looks like tomorrow.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I'd think they'd wait until after 31May, as that's the date they're currently saying is the last day that tickets purchased pre-COVID can be changed without fees OR can be converted to travel credits. By having this (likely false) 31May deadline, they'll encourage pax to take the travel credits rather than be provide refunds once the flights are cancelled.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I'd think they'd wait until after 31May, as that's the date they're currently saying is the last day that tickets purchased pre-COVID can be changed without fees OR can be converted to travel credits. By having this (likely false) 31May deadline, they'll encourage pax to take the travel credits rather than be provide refunds once the flights are cancelled.
It was extended to June 30 yesterday.
SAPriorityTag likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire Elite + Kimpton Inner Circle, AA Gold
I’ve been watching flights to Alaska pretty closely. Over the past couple of weeks, I noticed that they stopped selling seats on DEN-ANC for most of the first week in July (around 29 June until 6 July all sold out). I called GS line and they said the flights were there, but showed 100% sold out, and weren’t searchable on the website.

Yesterday, both cash and award fares were released and I was able to grab two more award tickets for friends to join on 02 July. Return the following week was/is still showing a full schedule with 2x redeyes so I booked the cheapest. I figured that one will be cancelled this weekend and they will be rebooked onto the same flight as us!
Old May 30, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by dkc192
Interesting--this change suggests that they are planning to operate the flight. 788, 789, or 781/78X?
789 it appears
Old May 30, 2020, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know when itins ticketed with UA (016 tickets) but operated by a partner will finally be updated / cancelled?

I have a US-Europe itin booked with UA but all four legs are operated by LH. The return is mid-July but the outbound is in June and UA still hasn't cancelled or rebooked it, even though LH cancelled the flights quite a while ago. The outbound isn't showing at all when I pull up the reservation on the LH website - just the return is, which is not surprising because that is not until July - and hasn't been for some time, but on the UA website the reservation is still unchanged and all looks normal.

Also the outbound itin finally has not been bookable on UA (or LH) for some time either, so at least something in UA's system knows those LH flights don't exist anymore.
Old May 30, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by k_den
I’ve been watching flights to Alaska pretty closely. Over the past couple of weeks, I noticed that they stopped selling seats on DEN-ANC for most of the first week in July (around 29 June until 6 July all sold out). I called GS line and they said the flights were there, but showed 100% sold out, and weren’t searchable on the website.

Yesterday, both cash and award fares were released and I was able to grab two more award tickets for friends to join on 02 July. Return the following week was/is still showing a full schedule with 2x redeyes so I booked the cheapest. I figured that one will be cancelled this weekend and they will be rebooked onto the same flight as us!
Sidenote: I assume you're likely aware of this, but big changes coming to AK and required testing pre-trip or on arrival.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2020...ing-to-alaska/
k_den likes this.
Old May 30, 2020, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
With Hawaii announcing the quarantine extension beyond June 30 - I now expect UA to wipe out the Hawaii flights this weekend for July

HNL-ORD still on my itinerary as of now for mid-July.
Old May 30, 2020, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
There is a very comprehensive list of all the July cuts (up to Aug 2) and outright summer cancellations on airline route this morning

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-29may20/
Old May 30, 2020, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Very helpful! What about the domestic schedule?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.