Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Impacts of UA's reduced schedule on Hawaiian travelers (CARES exemption granted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2020, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Impacts of UA's reduced schedule on Hawaiian travelers (CARES exemption granted)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
At least in CO neither CVS nor Kaiser know anything about tests in fast turnaround for Hawaii travel.
None of the details have been released so I'm not surprised local CVS stores and local Kaiser facilities know nothing about it.

My advice - don't book flights until a published and detailed process is released.
PACLipper likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Please use the Hawai'i Forum for discussion of Hawai'i's testing requirements. This thread is for discussion of UA operations in Hawai'i

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My October 14 OGG-DEN flight made it through the weekend update. The fill on the 757 looks decent, but I'm not sure how many passengers will cancel - tourists on that flight are likely to travel to State earlier in October (i.e. w/ quarantine still in effect). The return flight October 21 also look like a decent load (for a flight to Hawaii nowadays).

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Sep 21, 2020 at 9:40 am
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
My October 14 OGG-DEN flight made it through the weekend update. The fill on the 757 looks decent, but I'm not sure how many passengers will cancel - tourists on that flight are likely to travel to State earlier in October (i.e. w/ quarantine still in effect). The return flight October 21 also look like a decent load (for a flight to Hawaii nowadays).
Glad your flight made it through the weekend update. My KOA-SFO RT September 30-October 10 made it through as well. That said, the weekly OAG updates on Tuesday have caused cancellations the following few days (prior to the weekend update). Still a few hoops to clear I think.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now OGG-DEN October 14 doesn’t appear in booking engine, but my flight hasn’t (yet) been cancelled. I’m sure that will change

HNL-DEN still shows as bookable that date, but I doubt UA will be kind enough to cough up HA OGG-HNL. Heck, UA might be pulling HNL-DEN as I type...

October 21 DEN-OGG still on, so looks like UA might be adjusting to October 15 avoidable quarantine date.
Edit - just swapped to OGG-HNL-DEN. Fill on that Oct 14th flight looks miserable, so not putting too much faith in my Dreamliner red-eye ride happening.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Sep 23, 2020 at 11:58 am
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Now OGG-DEN October 14 doesn’t appear in booking engine, but my flight hasn’t (yet) been cancelled. I’m sure that will change

HNL-DEN still shows as bookable that date, but I doubt UA will be kind enough to cough up HA OGG-HNL. Heck, UA might be pulling HNL-DEN as I type...

October 21 DEN-OGG still on, so looks like UA might be adjusting to October 15 avoidable quarantine date.
Looks like the 15th is when it starts showing OGG-DEN, I’m needing to leave around that date, preferably the 12th, but the nonstop has appeal.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
I assume you arrive on the 15th. Other threads have stated that if you arrive prior to 10/15 you won't be able to "test out" of quarantine. My partner was on the SFO - KOA flight on or about the 10th and is delaying her flight now to after the 15th to avoid quarantine.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Be careful when booking flights if you plan on bringing children - The Governor announced yesterday the State's testing partners won't test children under 12 and they have to quarantine
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomad420
I assume you arrive on the 15th. Other threads have stated that if you arrive prior to 10/15 you won't be able to "test out" of quarantine. My partner was on the SFO - KOA flight on or about the 10th and is delaying her flight now to after the 15th to avoid quarantine.
I live on Maui - I'm flying to Mainland on 14th.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
I live on Maui - I'm flying to Mainland on 14th.
Sorry my bad OGG-DEN NOT DEN-OGG.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomad420
Sorry my bad OGG-DEN NOT DEN-OGG.
No problem - you provided good info for others, anyway...
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess UA wants to keep their 787 pilots busy. My flights HNL-DEN 10/14 and back from ORD on the 21st are both CO-configuration 788s (instead of the usual 772HDs). I hope it continues. Coach passengers should be especially happy
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.