Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Regular Economy Ticket Rebooked into Basic Economy? by OTA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regular Economy Ticket Rebooked into Basic Economy? by OTA

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SAPriorityTag
Unless I missed an update somewhere along the line I thought that North America (including Mexico and Canada) BE was "N" fare class only?
SAP
maybe that’s the idea, but unless I missed something, UA has never sold BE fares to Canada (and I say that with YYZ as probably my most frequent destination). I mean, at least not yet.
SAPriorityTag likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by emcampbe
maybe that’s the idea, but unless I missed something, UA has never sold BE fares to Canada (and I say that with YYZ as probably my most frequent destination). I mean, at least not yet.
No BE to / out of YVR.
I hope I didn't give Kirby any ideas.
SAPriorityTag likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:00 pm

I'm having the same issue. Booked Europe to USA through an OTA (since i had credit points with the OTA), originally in economy and was even able to select a seat back then.

Schedule change, and the OTA seems to have put me in some fare which now shows the orange "basic economy" banner on united.com, which means I can no longer request seats (or as United Gold, upgrades) on the new flights. I'm honestly not sure how to go about it because united keeps saying talk to OTA and talking to OTA is like pulling teeth they obviously don't know what is happening like we all know. If it weren't for the free flight due to OTA credit giving $500+ in savings i would've rebooked on united.com.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This directly addressed by UA in its instructions to TA on rebooking not to rebook Standard Economy into Basic Economy.

Which OTA is this?
This is an UA operated flight?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This directly addressed by UA in its instructions to TA on rebooking not to rebook Standard Economy into Basic Economy.

Which OTA is this?
This is an UA operated flight?
Thanks, I'll go through that link.

This was CURewards OTA (the travel portal used by many lower-tier credit card point companies)
This was a United 016 ticket, Europe to US oneway, originally on AustrianAirlines-United mix with longhaul on Austrian TIA-VIE-IAD-BOS, and after AustrianAirlines cancelled their service I am now rebooked on Lufthansa/United mix with longhaul on United TIA-FRA-EWR-BOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.