Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
To see your active ETCs (if shown), go to https://www.united.com/en/US/account
Right after the Account Summary and before Your Premier Progress

Also
Future Flight Credits (FFC) Available on My Trips page?

Print Wikipost

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2020, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by boeingair
Is anyone else no longer seeing their ETCs listed when they log in to their MP account? For the last few days, I see “You have travel credit to redeem” under the “Travel Credit” heading, but no ETCs listed there anymore.
I have just one ETC in my account, though it is still visible.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boeingair
Is anyone else no longer seeing their ETCs listed when they log in to their MP account? For the last few days, I see “You have travel credit to redeem” under the “Travel Credit” heading, but no ETCs listed there anymore.
I had mine turn invisible a month or more ago, with the "You have travel credit to redeem" message still showing though. However, when I last booked a flight a few weeks ago, they seemed to be valid still. I track them separately and just pasted the code in on the payment page.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:40 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I realize this is an older thread, but where are ETCs listed now? I have (at least) one and it doesn't appear on https://www.united.com/en/US/account like shown in the OP of this thread, nor does it show up under "Canceled" on https://www.united.com/en/us/manageres/mytrips . I definitely have one from this year, but I think I might have an older one from last year, but not sure, so wanted to see a list.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wpcoe
I realize this is an older thread, but where are ETCs listed now? I have (at least) one and it doesn't appear on https://www.united.com/en/US/account like shown in the OP of this thread, nor does it show up under "Canceled" on https://www.united.com/en/us/manageres/mytrips . I definitely have one from this year, but I think I might have an older one from last year, but not sure, so wanted to see a list.
Since you mention Cancelled Trips, are you asking about FFCs or ETCs?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:56 pm
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Since you mention Cancelled Trips, are you asking about FFCs or ETCs?
ETCs.

When I had an FFC it didn't show up under Canceled, so I thought maybe that's where an ETC would.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
ETCs.

When I had an FFC it didn't show up under Canceled, so I thought maybe that's where an ETC would.
Cancelled is for flight intineraries. ETCs are not connected to a flight once issued.
ETCs only show up in the list in My Accounts and compensation ETCs generally do not show up. Try calling and asking what the agent see, perhaps have them combine all you ETCs and that may help having them show up.

I always keep a list of ETCs and FFCs in a spreadsheet. This is relative new for UA to display them and others have noticed their list is incomplete.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:43 am
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Cancelled is for flight intineraries. ETCs are not connected to a flight once issued.
ETCs only show up in the list in My Accounts and compensation ETCs generally do not show up. Try calling and asking what the agent see, perhaps have them combine all you ETCs and that may help having them show up.

I always keep a list of ETCs and FFCs in a spreadsheet. This is relative new for UA to display them and others have noticed their list is incomplete.
I don't see the one that I know I have listed on the "My Account". Where should that list be? (My known ETC is from a canceled ticket, not from other compensation.)

Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see the one that I know I have listed on the "My Account". Where should that list be? (My known ETC is from a canceled ticket, not from other compensation.)

img
I think there should be a section showing up between the status / miles / travelbank / club passes box and the premier progress summary.

But as noted variously in this thread, it doesn't always work correctly, and when it does work some certificates still won't show because they aren't linked to your account for whatever reason.

A phone agent should be able to track down the PIN pretty quickly for you if you have the cancelled ticket / reservation info.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 11:26 am
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by fumje
I think there should be a section showing up between the status / miles / travelbank / club passes box and the premier progress summary.

But as noted variously in this thread, it doesn't always work correctly, and when it does work some certificates still won't show because they aren't linked to your account for whatever reason.

A phone agent should be able to track down the PIN pretty quickly for you if you have the cancelled ticket / reservation info.
Thanks. I wanted to make sure I was looking in the proper place. It seems that I am, and that the ETC(s) is(are) not listed. Now I know where I stand with the web site, at least.

I will do a bit more research on my end with the RLOCs I have and see if I should have another ETC (or even FFC) other than the one that I know about. I do have the e-mail they sent me with the ETC that I know about, so at least I know how to use it against any upcoming booking.

All this stuff seems to be second nature to the knowledgable folks here, but for someone who has never had a ETC/FFC until this year, it still can be challenging to figure out.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I wanted to make sure I was looking in the proper place. It seems that I am, and that the ETC(s) is(are) not listed. Now I know where I stand with the web site, at least.

I will do a bit more research on my end with the RLOCs I have and see if I should have another ETC (or even FFC) other than the one that I know about. I do have the e-mail they sent me with the ETC that I know about, so at least I know how to use it against any upcoming booking.

All this stuff seems to be second nature to the knowledgable folks here, but for someone who has never had a ETC/FFC until this year, it still can be challenging to figure out.
If your email has a good search function, you might try querying for 'gg etc'. That is pretty reliable in bringing up all certificates I have received by email.
wpcoe likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: southwest, united
Question travel credits don't appear on My Account from united.com

From united.com, I can go to View Account to see a summary of my miles, recent flights and travel credits.

Was recently awarded travel credits (3 days ago) but I only have email as proof, as the credits don't show up on My Account ... but a previous credit from last year does.

I'm guessing they're making us keep track of our own credits in hopes that we forget about them? Or do I need to wait for X days before it appears?

Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:55 am

Are you asking about ETCs? And those ETCs were for a service issue and not a flight credit?
Those have been spotty showing online since the online display of ETCs started.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.