Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
To see your active ETCs (if shown), go to https://www.united.com/en/US/account
Right after the Account Summary and before Your Premier Progress

Also
Future Flight Credits (FFC) Available on My Trips page?

Print Wikipost

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
You can call UA and ask them to consolidate all outstanding ETCs into a single one. This makes it much easier to manage.
Just curious; what expiration date is used when ETC's are combined?
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Just curious; what expiration date is used when ETC's are combined?
Discussed extensively in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...year-life.html, many have had the new ETC based on the farthest out date -- but note many agents will only combine enough to book a particular flight and not a general sweep of all ETCs -- again covered in the other thread.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Discussed extensively in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...year-life.html, many have had the new ETC based on the farthest out date -- but note many agents will only combine enough to book a particular flight and not a general sweep of all ETCs -- again covered in the other thread.
Thank you
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
So we had a trip and decided to cancel and accept ETC a little over a week ago. They did not show up as travel credits in either account. Used one of them to rebook another reservation with resulted in residual value left over. That residual is now showing up as a travel credit in the ETC owner's account. The other one (still full value from the cancelled trip) is not showing up...

Do I need to do something?

Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
May not be completely appropriate question for this thread but with all the using / cancelling / and receiving new ones what is the easiest way to get an accounting of the remaining ETCs you have? I know you get emailed with the codes every time you get one and I have tried to keep these in a separate file but over the past year things haven't been so perfect and I suspect I have some older unused ETCs I better use over the 6 months.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 27, 2020 at 7:09 pm Reason: Moved to appropriate thread
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
...I suspect I have some older unused ETCs I better use over the 6 months.
Older ETCs have been extended by 12 months and new ETCs are good for 2 years
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Older ETCs have been extended by 12 months and new ETCs are good for 2 years
Thanks to Mods for moving my post to this thread. I see that this is a relatively new addition to the app and well needed indeed. After checking my ETCs and finding to my surprise only one I then checked my wife's account which had several. With the stated extensions we should have no problem using them prior to expiration. Thanks again to all for supplying information to this very helpful update to the app.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW, during a recent ticket purchase we were able to apply four ETCs split across tw MP accounts with no agent assistance required!
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
FWIW, during a recent ticket purchase we were able to apply four ETCs split across tw MP accounts with no agent assistance required!
How many travellers? One per traveller has long been the standard.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
How many travellers? One per traveller has long been the standard.
There were tw travelers, the same two whose accounts the ETCs were coming out of - with the purchase made from one of those accounts. I was surprised when, after entering the first ETC, I was able to add another one (and then two more).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 3:04 pm

There were tw travelers, the same two whose accounts the ETCs were coming out of - with the purchase made from one of those accounts. I was surprised when, after entering the first ETC, I was able to add another one (and then two more).
I think that is new!
Old Aug 28, 2020, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that is new!
I think it is. I'd try it again to better describe what I did, but we used all of ur ETCs!
Old Aug 28, 2020, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it is. I'd try it again to better describe what I did, but we used all of ur ETCs!
I saw this too and posted a little bit ago in the ETC thread (with a picture of how it displays):
Originally Posted by fumje
Haven't seen this mentioned: the website purchase system now allows combining ETCs for a single ticket (single traveler).

Updated the wiki for that thread just now.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Is anyone else no longer seeing their ETCs listed when they log in to their MP account? For the last few days, I see “You have travel credit to redeem” under the “Travel Credit” heading, but no ETCs listed there anymore.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 6:08 pm

I see it online and in the app but there was a report a few weeks back of another person not seeing their ETCs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.