Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
To see your active ETCs (if shown), go to https://www.united.com/en/US/account
Right after the Account Summary and before Your Premier Progress

Also
Future Flight Credits (FFC) Available on My Trips page?

Print Wikipost

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
I stumbled on this earlier today. Imagine my surprise when I saw an ETC sitting there when I was only due and waiting for refunds. When I opened it I discovered a $500 ETC I received last September (complained about a terrible international Polaris experience). When I searched for the original email I saw it originally expired 9/20 but that has now been extended to 9/2021. It is a very nice feature to be able to easily see these.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
for ETCs, travel needs to be booked prior to expiration

They go away when used up?
i was talking about the cancelled reservations.. not ETC's.

The cancelled reservation page is all cluttered
Old May 7, 2020, 12:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sweetsue
i was talking about the cancelled reservations.. not ETC's.

The cancelled reservation page is all cluttered
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but this is a thread on ETCs.
And cancelled flights page, they eventually time out. not aware of any manual way to delete
Old May 7, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
In reviewing the ETCs that show in my account I noticed that those issued via Customer Care all show up correctly but any issued at the airport are missing.

Following up with Customer Care to see if those ETCs issued for VDBs at the airport need to be modified to include my M+ account information in order to show up on united.com.
Old May 7, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
The new app release (for the iPhone) for United (version 3.0.35) has the following noted as one of the changes:
'Improvements in this release include the ability to view your Electronic Travel Certificates (ETC) balance in your account and use ETCs should you choose to travel.'

The only ETC I have is for an inflight experience issue... so it does not show up online, and as expected, does not show up in the app either. Do those of you who have an ETC appear in your account online, and are able to download this version of the app on the iPhone, see your ETC in the app as well?
Old May 7, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just downloaded v3.0.35 of the app and the same 5 ETCs issued by Customer Care for service issues which are viewable on United.com now also show in the app!!!

Access the ETC info via the "Travel credit" option located between "PlusPoints expiration details" and "Your Premier Activity"

Tried to book using ETC from the "Travel credit" page but no option to do so there.

Also tried to book the standard way in hopes of finding ETC as an another form of payment but no ETC option yet.
Old May 7, 2020, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
Just downloaded v3.0.35 of the app and the same 5 ETCs issued by Customer Care for service issues which are viewable on United.com now also show in the app!!!

Access the ETC info via the "Travel credit" option located between "PlusPoints expiration details" and "Your Premier Activity"

Tried to book using ETC from the "Travel credit" page but no option to do so there.

Also tried to book the standard way in hopes of finding ETC as an another form of payment but no ETC option yet.
FWIW, "Travel credit" option under MileagePlus Summary shows up in v3.0.34 as well.

David
Old May 7, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
This is a really nice feature. I have 8 showing in my account, all from recent cancelled flights & a few customer care issued ETC's that I received after emailing in. I am missing 3 from the list, but they are all for VDB's issued last year @ the airport.
Since I am tracking all of them on my spreadsheet, I am not too worried.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
BTW, only see this online, united.com, but not in the app
With today's app update, 3.0.35 for Android, it now shows, just below PlusPoints expiration summary
Old May 7, 2020, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
O United. I requested a $520 FFC to turn into a ETC and it has now been over a month. I was hopeful they would show up online, nope. Still no email. Fingers crossed 🤞
Old May 7, 2020, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
O United. I requested a $520 FFC to turn into a ETC and it has now been over a month. ...
Did you do the request online? or via an agent? DId you use UA credits to purchase the cancelled flight? That seems to require a manual check probably thru the same folks backed up due to refunds.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Did you do the request online? or via an agent? DId you use UA credits to purchase the cancelled flight? That seems to require a manual check probably thru the same folks backed up due to refunds.
To answer the first question. I went through an agent, didn’t realize I could have done this online. This was a rookie mistake. To answer the second question, it was not purchased with a united credit. The weird thing is I have 2 26 dollar credits that I have no idea what they are from in my acount.
Old May 7, 2020, 9:15 pm

To answer the first question. I went through an agent, didn’t realize I could have done this online. This was a rookie mistake. ...
Yep, this request got send to the refunds group to process. Online is instantaneous.

The weird thing is I have 2 26 dollar credits that I have no idea what they are from in my acount.
Likely a changed booking (for 2?) that led to a lower fare. The data of the ETC will point to the date the change wa made.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:40 pm

United issued me an electronic travel credit certificate last month for a canceled itinerary. They sent me the PIN with the ETC expiration date in an email. I am disappointed that there isn't a way to add this into my account without likely having to call, I assume, as it is not showing in my account.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Major props to UA for this unexpected (true) enhancement With sooooo many ETC's being in play due to COVID and the expiration extension I was really worried I'd mess up and forget what I had accumulated. Very pleased

Edit.....I just tried logging into the App on my Android device and it told me my App was out of date and to download the latest version. I did and POOF, they had all my ETC's! I actually like this view better than the .com version because it displays all the pertinent info in a very concise space. Well done!

Last edited by bluedemon211; May 8, 2020 at 12:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.