Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Old May 6, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
To see your active ETCs (if shown), go to https://www.united.com/en/US/account
Right after the Account Summary and before Your Premier Progress

Also
Future Flight Credits (FFC) Available on My Trips page?

Print Wikipost

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Old May 6, 2020, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
BTW, only see this online, united.com, but not in the app
not that surprising, since you can’t use an ETC in the app anyway.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:31 am

Weird, they show up on my husband's account, but none show up on mine.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
one of mine is missing, but I also noticed another trick. Just converted an old FFC into an ETC, and the 2 year countdown clock starts as of today. So potentially if you wait until the FFC is about to expire, and then do the conversion, you're giving yourself an extension (if the loophole isn't closed by then).
Old May 7, 2020, 6:23 am

Very helpful, all of mine are there!

One thing I noticed in the FAQ for “What can I use certificates for?”, it says “Global Premier Upgrades and Regional Premier Upgrades can’t be combined with travel certificates when you’re booking a flight.”

One, that’s not the preferred nomenclature anymore. Two, and I’m pretty sure this is true, but I can apply PlusPoints to a reservation booked with an ETC, just after the booking is complete, and just not during the booking process? I did test it out with booking a flight and upgrade with plus points and it wouldn’t let me put in an ETC on the payment screen
Old May 7, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Pleased by this find. Of course I immediately took a picture of the expanded info before they disappear, had never received the email for one of them and was planning a phone call.
DELee likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 7:17 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
I went through the process on a trip canceled in early March, with no problems. An unexpected surprise was 12 minutes later I received a second email with a $189 credit. Took a minute to reconcile what the amount represented, and it was a first class TOD upgrade I bought for the original itinerary.

The cert expiration date for the TOD credit is 2 years from the February purchase date, while the actual full itinerary is 2 years from today.
Old May 7, 2020, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Día Amb, Hyatt Glob
My 3 ETCs are listed in my account. However, the one that was set to expire in Dec 2020 has not been updated. The 2 that expired in Feb 2021 have been updated to Feb 2022. I doubt I bother calling re the incorrect one, unless I can't use it before the expiry date.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To See, go to https://www.united.com/en/US/account
Right after the Account Summary and before Your Premier Progress
BTW, only see this online, united.com, but not in the app
Thanks but still not seeing it (on united.com on my laptop).
Old May 7, 2020, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bear96
Thanks but still not seeing it (on united.com on my laptop).
Are you sure you DO have a voucher? Did you actually cancel your flights and convert it?
Old May 7, 2020, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Are you sure you DO have a voucher? Did you actually cancel your flights and convert it?
Ah, maybe that is it. I did actually cancel a trip for last month under the waiver program which is in my Cancelled Flights - BUT I haven't yet chosen between "use future flight credit" or "choose travel certificate."

thought there would be some indication of it here but sounds like I actually have to choose the ETC for it to appear. If that is the case - Thanks!
Old May 7, 2020, 8:39 am
Suspended

Ah, maybe that is it. I did actually cancel a trip for last month under the waiver program which is in my Cancelled Flights - BUT I haven't yet chosen between "use future flight credit" or "choose travel certificate."

thought there would be some indication of it here but sounds like I actually have to choose the ETC for it to appear. If that is the case - Thanks!
You should have a list of confirmation codes. Active and cancelled. Click on the one that was cancelled and select "convert".
Old May 7, 2020, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
You should have a list of confirmation codes. Active and cancelled. Click on the one that was cancelled and select "convert".
Thanks, I know how to do it, but am waiting because I might just re-book the same itin later so FFC would be easier than doing an ETC with no financial difference to me (if I understand all the FFC / ETC stuff correctly).
Old May 7, 2020, 10:28 am

Slightly unrelated, but since they launched this (still wish it worked for my account, but nevertheless), it gave me idea for this very tiny hack. I have gone through all my cancelled reservations and renamed them. (I usually name all my trips on the website so they are something like: "DFW-LAX Sep")

Since those names have carried over to the cancelled screen, most of those I have renamed to ".", since I can't seem to delete a name. For the ones where I have a future flight credit, I have put "$225.40 sitting here" as the name since there are more cancelled flights listed there than I usually have and it saves me flipping back and forth to the spreadsheet I'm keeping to figure out which ones have $$$ sitting on them.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It may depend on how ETCs were issued. I cannot see any of the three I have.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... sounds like I actually have to choose the ETC for it to appear. ....
Until you chose to get an ETC, you don;t have an ETC.
To see the cancelled flight credit / future flight credit (FFC), you need to go to My Trips / Cancelled Flights -- there you will see your FFC and the ability (in most cases) to convert to ETC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.